Bear Trap

Yes. Bear trap is not dealing spell damage, and is not affected by increases to such.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Yes. Bear trap is not dealing spell damage, and is not affected by increases to such.

I'm guessing on this one, but Ezomyte Peak, The Magnate and Deshret's Vise should increase the damage done by Bear Trap and Shockwave Totem even though they are secondary effects?

Edit: I think there's a few other uniques with that mod as well...
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
Last edited by UristMcDwarfy on Aug 20, 2012, 12:45:00 PM
I believe so.
"
UristMcDwarfy wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

I'm guessing on this one, but Ezomyte Peak, The Magnate and Deshret's Vise should increase the damage done by Bear Trap and Shockwave Totem even though they are secondary effects?

Edit: I think there's a few other uniques with that mod as well...

The unique iron ring and Broadstroke (the unique Heavy Quiver) as well, but that's all of them.
I've tested them empirically and they work.
needs a slight timing buff imo, rarely seen/used because of cast-speed/lack of aoe/accurate targeting in crowds.
Targeting is pretty bad, Yeah. I always try to use Bear Trap to pick off totems from a far, but if a monster is standing somewhat close to the totem it always prefers the monster for some reason.

The cool-down is also rather punishing. I still use it for the mentioned scenario as well as slowing/stopping bosses that jump me.

The damage seems pretty good so far, 1000+ physical damage on my current gem.
Playing a dual-wielding swordsman of some kind.
In game name is Kaosu and/or ChaosBlade.
If I put this together with a Spell Totem Support, will the totem use my trap limit, or have it's own?
If the latter, will it start at 0?, or can it actually do something in time?

And If I add increased duration, will it increase life of the totem, trap, and stun, or just any other sub-combination of them?
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
Last edited by UnDeaD_CyBorG on Oct 16, 2012, 3:23:16 PM
dont know if it has been mentioned, but i strongly disencourage from using it in hardcore. sometimes, your target looks trapped on locked on its place. but infact, they keep moving to you, while beeing invisible, hitting you, while beeing invisible, for a few seconds. i just lost a character like that. and i checked the latency: i clearly had no connection lag or whatsoever.
maybe you wonder, how did i die in a few seconds. those teddybears in waterfall cave, especially in higher difficulty hit hard. and they are fas5t. and they have hp degeneration aura.

oh, and not sure if it has been mentioned aswell, but my bear traps did have a damage boost from spell damage.

now, can i get my hardcore character back, please??
Desyncs happen from time to time, just your bad luck that in this instance it meant the mob looked trapped but wasn't.
On the other hand, this already allowed me to kill monsters that weren't actually in the room.

PS: Now, what about the totem?
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Spell damage does seem to increase bear trap damage significantly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info