Bear Trap

I do keep my ridiculously powered bear trap on myself but I find myself using it too rarely.
To be more precise, using it in almost any situation except boss pre-trapping is a risk and a loss.
Might need a bit lower damage though, because on my fire/burning build 3 bear traps with fire support, hatred, culling strike and remote mine support took over half of the hp of the Vaal on cruel the moment he spawned. Another 1/4 was taken by pre-layed fire traps though.
in my experience with bear trap it does work with spell damage from wands, ES shield, and spell damage from jewels. ive seen an increase in the spell from every one of those sources. regarding its supposed opness...if someone wants to bypass another skill and fill up their gem slots for a trap with decent damage i find no reason to nerf it because of its increased damage from these sources. u can only cast 4 max ...and the ppl that use it sacrifice aoe slots along with the fact that mobs can move away from it before it hits the ground. its fine with the mechanics it uses.
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
n/m
Last edited by Pi314 on Feb 18, 2013, 5:42:27 PM
Does Darkscorn turn 1/4th of the Beartrap damage into chaos damage since Darkscorn doesn't specify it has to be physical attack damage?
I do not agree with people that say BT is overpowered.

Yes - it is powerful but not OP. In fact this is THE ONLY thing that gives me a chance of fighting some bosses. I am a duelist 60 right now and I can't get into close combat with some mobs. They just kill me in 1 !!! hit (1500 hp, 4k armor). So Im running around them, hiding and dodging while throwing a BT at them. And it sometimes take A LOT OF TIME... I can't even imagine how would I fight them without this skill
Last edited by Demoniq on Feb 19, 2013, 7:23:35 AM
Added Fire damage, Hatred Aura, Elemental damage nodes, Fire/Cold Damage nodes, Crits Chance/Multiplier, Pain attunement/Redbreaks.

It you pull the right triggers this skill is clearly the most overpowered skill in the game besides EK.

In level 28 PVP a beartrapper will oneshot you with this combination unless you stacked cold fire and got a decent defense.

Not to mention no limit PVP.

Does oaks cruel reward effect this skill? It does simply say +physical damage, same as the uniques effecting it
"
Demoniq wrote:
I do not agree with people that say BT is overpowered.

Yes - it is powerful but not OP. In fact this is THE ONLY thing that gives me a chance of fighting some bosses. I am a duelist 60 right now and I can't get into close combat with some mobs. They just kill me in 1 !!! hit (1500 hp, 4k armor). So Im running around them, hiding and dodging while throwing a BT at them. And it sometimes take A LOT OF TIME... I can't even imagine how would I fight them without this skill

I think its pretty broken, I ran a crit mult/crit chance build with bear traps and I could 4-5 shot act bosses simply progressing through the game normally if they all crit. Oh, and this was on HC where my lvls were equivalent to the area or -1.
IGN: ThisIsAReallyBadIdea
Last edited by KingOfTheWild on Feb 23, 2013, 6:23:35 PM
"
phurone wrote:
Does oaks cruel reward effect this skill? It does simply say +physical damage, same as the uniques effecting it

yup and EK too
I love bear trap. It is very funny to me.
Is minic a gheibhean beal oscailt diog dunta!
Last edited by tat0010 on Feb 23, 2013, 7:31:30 PM
From my experiences in PvP I have messed around with alout of builds and faced quite a few people in 1v1 and 3v3. I have seen more and more builds use bear trap even if it made no sense whatsoever, even if it didn't compliment their build in any way shape or form. So the question is why? Why use Bear Trap? Because of several factors.

1- Bear Trap just stand alone, the stats are very high. At best the trap should do decent damage but not at the levels we are seeing. The trap should be more of a immobilize than a knockout spell along with the control you get with it.

2- Another horrible problem with ALL traps, "bear trap included" is that they are INVISIBLE. The traps literally cannot be seen by their opponents. Traps should atleast be visible so they can be countered by other players in a realistic fashion. With totems it can be debated that it is more of a balanced third party source of damage because you can see it, target it, and make a strategy accordingly. With traps you have a invisible source of damage in which you cannot target with spells or attacks. the only way to negate it is either by walking over it yourself, summon a totem on top of it. Or make a summon and hopefully he walks over it in your stead.

In short you get too many pros with traps in general with no drawbacks at all. It lowers the skillcap of the game, and generally takes out the fun of a competitive based pvp setting.

If you are to change it, atleast make it to where everyone can see the damn thing for starters. If the person setting the trap can see it, so should the opposite party.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info