Bear Trap

I just came here to say that the damage on Bear Trap is waaaay too high. I was using the build I've described here http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/131508

It was always, always best to interrupt whatever I was doing and Bear Trap my target - the dmg overshadows everything else I could do.
I'm using Iron Will on my bear traps. Seems by far the most damage from te configurations I tried. More then Added Fire+Anger aura. You do need strenght in your build though.
don't think anger effects bear trap anyways, hatred would though. also thats just one support, you can do all three gems (2 supports plus aura).
If you use two weapon sets, which one affects the stats on the trap. The weapon set you use to cast it or the one in use as it goes off?
this needs a nerf :P a TRAP shouldn't be able to permanently lock and do MASSIVE PHYSICAL damage on enemies and its also a RANGE thrown skill (first time seen a TRAP being thrown lol).. no other skill can match the DPS this skill has ;O
IGN: NukerDeath
How is the damage of bear trap late game (75+) compared to frenzy with a solid bow on a ranger? As of right now, it beats my single target DPS by probably a factor of 3, albeit i need an upgrade soon.
the damage on this thing is RIDICULOUS. There are guys running around doing 30k damage with mediocre gear at level 70. Thats unreal.
thing is... only a belt, 2 or 3 uniques, and support gems can boost damage of this, other than crits. so gear barely matters (and those uniques don't really help in the defense).
..has everyone forgot that traps have a charge mechanism..?
FFA loot is awesome, keep up the good work GGG!

~~IGN = KittiesYayPuppiesYay
"
Moasseman wrote:
..has everyone forgot that traps have a charge mechanism..?

Er. No? Bear Trap recharges more than fast enough; Rare mobs aren't *that* common.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info