Bear Trap

ignite works if it dealt fire damage
weapon elemental doesn't work as it isn't a weapon.
blind and flee works.
crit gems work.
culing strike works.
penetration gems work if the added element gems are used.
same for cold to fire, requires hatred and/or added cold.
reduced mana and bloodmagic works.

and finally stun may or may not work, its not an attack yet its not a spell so might still work.
Thanks. So Added Fire Damage combined with Ignite will allow Bear Traps to cause Ignite?
or crits too, but yes.
Coming from a level 40 Hardcore Ranger I must say one thing(I can not speak for any level higher than this), Bear Trap is over powered by quite a bit if you stack physical damage. When my friends and I want to kill anything quickly we run up to it and spam bear traps at its feet. My build is(very defensive) http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAecFLQguDq0UIBjbGY4aVSFgKaU26DpSQKBDnEp9UEdXDVuvYEthIWSjZ6BqHnTtdPF463rvhO-HdpuNnrmezacwqBiv69Ih037ZYdyC3Q3fv-cK7YPvevzF

Not sure what else to say other than maybe if I didn't have two of them(thinking about getting a third) it wouldn't seem so crazy, damage wise. I will also note that I do have all an physical damage Bow on and the Broadstroke quiver(30% extra physical damage).
When levelled up fully, this skill does crazy single target burst damage even unsupported. In public games I see it used as a single target burst dmg ability far more often than a control/utility skill with a damage component.

For some crazy reason the chaos damage given from The Covenant is higher on Bear Trap than all other skills. 83-125 added chaos.
____________________________________twitch.tv/tyranthal
Bear Trap has 150% damage effectiveness.

edti: ninja'ed
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Feb 11, 2013, 9:15:19 AM
"
aethernox wrote:
Bear Trap has 150% damage effectiveness.

+1 thx :)
____________________________________twitch.tv/tyranthal
So after readying this thread lets see if i got the information correct.

If I want to increase the damage of beartrap I...
...can not use...
spelldamage nodes/items
spellcrit node/items (chance and multiplier)
phyiscal damage nodes
attackspeed nodes/items
increased aoe nodes/items
% damage on weapons

...can use...
the support gems with added fire/lightning/chaos/cold damage
the burning nodes when I use added fire damage
the trap/mine-nodes
some rare unique items with added damage (chaosarmor and phys. dmg belt)

?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info