Ethereal Knives

Sure, you don't get Conc, but you do get access Hatred and Added Fire. With Inc Aura/Buff Effect, you can rather easily get Hatred to 70% Phys as Cold. That's roughly equal to Conc's bonus, doesn't sacrifice AoE capacity, isn't a Support, and Inc Aura/Buff Effect also effects other Auras.

Additionally, you don't need to nerf your Damage per Hit to hit multiple targets. If you do decide use Chain or Fork, you can hit the same target multiple time all the same.
"
MullaXul wrote:
This skill is number 1 pvm/pvp caster spell and nothing else touches it. I've used optimal combinations of every gem available to a caster...only fireball was comparable but you lack gem socket freedom/diversity. Comparable as in..it was good but it was no EK.

Really? I never see people talking about more than maybe 13k dps when using a decked out non-crit EK build (which is quite low as far as builds go), and I don't see any current crit EK builds around the forums. Why is that? Also, I'm talking about pure EK builds, nothing involving cast on crit.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Apr 15, 2014, 1:47:17 PM
How do I mathed?
Last edited by Nangingg on Jul 1, 2014, 7:55:18 PM
How did you get it to 4% less DPS?
As far as self casting is concerned, this spell received a buff. Being able to cast faster means you can reposition yourself quicker after casting the spell.
The change to EK will give it a wow factor but it will still be underpowered. With elemental spells you can dual curse stack Elemental Weakness with the whatever element curse you are using. There's also Elemental equilibrium. The 5% base crit is lackluster too. Why not boost the base crit chance? It is a knife spell that is Shadow aligned after all.

Edit: The damage per hit reduction also hurts trap and mine users.
Last edited by Nangingg on Jul 1, 2014, 9:45:22 PM
1.33 for the new cast speed 20% less damage = 6% over all damage boost if my maths are correct.

Edit: nvm I mixed up 25% increased cast speed with reduced cast time. Shits confusing o.0

Come on boost base crit chance! Go go go :-D
Last edited by Nangingg on Jul 2, 2014, 12:06:51 AM
"
MullaXul wrote:
GGG are you guys ever going to do something about this skills base damage or potential? It single handedly owns every other spell no question. Doesn't require lmp or gmp to create a fan pattern. Has 0 aim requirements, scales off physical damage items/auras/gems. Doesn't need to have added cold/light damage or penetration gems linked to it to make it semi-viable. You have complete gem socket freedom,stupid damage potential and ease of use. Its slowish cast speed is its only downfall and thats easily remedied with smart gear/gem/tree choices. Add critical damage to the mix and its just insult to injury.

This skill is number 1 pvm/pvp caster spell and nothing else touches it. I've used optimal combinations of every gem available to a caster...only fireball was comparable but you lack gem socket freedom/diversity. Comparable as in..it was good but it was no EK.

I've played an EK character since the end of Open Beta. Not sure if this feedback was written in 2012.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
Last edited by Daresso on Jul 4, 2014, 8:22:10 PM
I must say, EK sucks today. 82 lvl character with 5k dps... Sure, I don't have end game gear and fancy rings like Ming's heart but 5k? how am I supposed to do maps 70+ with that? I don't understand how CoC spectral throw build has 1mln dps and EK barely reaches 15k as I hear. The base dmg must be buffed. EK was in the game since forever and it looks like became forgotten.
That "one million DPS" number is about as bullshit as it gets. Anyways, fun fact: Spork Totems used to clear maps with 500 DPS. Stop relying on DPS numbers, they're all horseshit.
There's a difference between clear and clear in reasonable time. Try killing high HP boss with EK and with that "bullshit dps" 1 million and say again what you've just said.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info