Ethereal Knives

Hi there,

my feedback for "Ethereal Knives" is as it follows.

per se it is a good skill, nice balancing, long time in the game.
the problem with it it's inconsistency in hitting targets because of the low amount of blades and has nothing special which make it amazing, or outstanding, or nice to feel to play.

what I would suggest is to remove the lingering blade thing on it, bc it is less used with the other abilities "blade blast" and "animate weapon" and more focus on the offensive playstyle.

Something like projectiles returns to the player feature, multishot and a little bit like "venomgyre" with the catching blade theme and releasing them for a lot of damage at once (maybe catched blades are released in a sequence (barrage) hitting the nearest enemy multiple times).

something I would like to add is that damage over time theme with this skill would be nice, ethereal knives = poison and physical + chaos something + AOE on hit.

kind regards
JeckNoTree
A
Hi! Posting about the change to Ethereal Knives making it no longer leave Lingering Blades. I know it doesn't get used as much for, say, Blade Blast as Bladefall does, however, it is losing its primary use case: as a tool to use Animate Weapon at early levels!

I was excited to try Animate Weapon with either of the new transfigured versions and was content to level with it knowing that it's available at level 4, however I then noticed that EK will no longer be creating the blades necessary to use it. This makes Animate Weapon very difficult to use until level 28 when the player acquires Bladefall. Could I convince you to have this change reversed?
Bump.
There's a noticeable difference in projectile travel distance and projectile speed between "Ethereal Knives of Lingering Blades" and normal "Ethereal Knives" or "Ethereal Knives of the Massacre". "Lingering Blades" being the fastest and longest distance.
Normal and "of the Massacre" "Ethereal Knives" do not return even with +244% projectile speed modifier.

I've tested the projectile speed modifier for normal "Ethereal Knives" and projectiles start to return at around +320% increased projectile speed. For +315% they still don't return. At +321% they do return.

Anyway, I think it's bugged.

Recorded some footage with all EK versions and the threshold for returning seems to be around 250% projectile speed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB_SEJpmZj8
Yes please normal EK gem and EK of massacre are bugged. Projectiles do not return with return projectiles support or nimis ring. They only seems to return when the projectile hit the wall. EK of lingering blades works as it should work, but the projectiles are much slower than other 2 EK gems so its not that fun to play. I hope they fix it...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info