Whirling Blades

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5toCbb-vn4

no one uses this shit.
whirlwind came!!!
This skill still has amazing results for hit and run classes, and can do a decent amount of damage if specced and supported properly.

It also has the benefit of being able to dodge many attacks that would otherwise slam into your face.

It still has a desync issue when used multiple times but as soon as you notice you aren hitting mobs you have a few option currently, I personally use flickering strike to resync myself and am able to again spam it until the next FS cooldown comes up.

I do have to say as a dagger shadow it is mainly about mobility and applying debuffs on mob packs, and with whirl whatever coming that will also hold a slot on my bar for different reasons.

I personally love this skill and even more so since I have figured out a way to combat the desync.
Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

Brought to you by Dat LLC, in partnership with Harassment Industries.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*
I'm wondering if Whirling Blades benefits from the new Master of Arena passive.
IGN:
@Antilogy
Please make this skill work with 1hand axes? please ?_?
"
Antilogy wrote:
I'm wondering if Whirling Blades benefits from the new Master of Arena passive.

It appears to hit larger groups than it used to, though some graphical change would be nice.
Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

Brought to you by Dat LLC, in partnership with Harassment Industries.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*
I'm sorry but I never had a skill cause such frustration to me, I rage quit the game twice because of it.

the way this skill works in this game is utterly broken.

-if there is a obstacle in your way, your character stops dead in is tracks

-if you are in a tight area, the landing animation gets sometimes cancelled and you keep bouncing around the place

-the characters DOES NOT go to where you point, if holding the button, for example: I point up and he keeps bouncing left and right

the skill NEEDS to be fixed

here are some suggestions:

-I haven't tried leap slam, but enemies can jump over obstacles, make it so that you can too with this skill

-if out of mana, make the character move, not stop dead in his tracks

-ALLOW TO REDIRECT the spinning, in a sense, make it like vault in Diablo 3

I will give you an example of a typical death that occurs to me:

>see a crowd of monsters
>spin to them to attack to whole crowd
>start bouncing to places I am not pointing to
>many more enemies arrive and I am outnumbered
>point towards the exit to leave the room
>character stops dead in is tracks because he is next to wall
>start waving the mouse like crazy because of panic
>dies
>proclaim profanities and rage quits
>go on forums to rant

I'm sorry...
Just an idea on how it could work(haven't thought this through much..)

AS: Fixed animation speed,the AS should effect the number of times(hence dmg) a enemy is hit while whirling through it. Say you attack the mob for 1s while whirling, if you have 2atks/s the you hit it twice (2 times with each weapon while DW)
With the animation speed increase from AS it will just be silly at one point..

DW: One "attack" should naturaly be with both weapons as many have wished for here..

Fix dsync and animation issues

hmm, sounds like one direction, fast WW :)
How does Whirling Blades interact with Multistrike? Does it at all?
Hello, i m a cold witch who play duo with an awesome Shadow who has great dps but he die like 2-3 times / hours Because of whirling rollback/desync ... We are in merciless so the -15% ruins our session
It seems that the bug is well known but no amelioration since month
So ?
Does dev still work on it?

Thx for the answer
"
How does Whirling Blades interact with Multistrike? Does it at all?

Nope... best skills to use with multistrike is lighting strike and cleave or infernal blow/heavy strike all with life gain on hit.

Yea i can't get above 600 dps with whirlwind at 66 with 2 gem combo, consider with 3 i can get cleave to 4k+ and lighting strike to 2k with 2 gems, its not only lack luster, its sad. It should do comparable dps to flicker strike, OR it should have a cleave like circled aoe around it. Dashing into a group and hitting 3 out of 50 when any other skill (even movement) would either hit 15 of them or outright kill one of them is sad. This really need some love. Perhaps if they made a stupid cosmetic they would give it some love.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info