Whirling Blades

I like it but the desync ruins it ...
My favorite skill but the desync keeps killing me so :[
indeed. this skill isnt safe to use at all, especially not to use it too much.

DSYNC, or what its called...

And btw, I dont think the skill itself is very funny. I was litterly spamming it from 20-65 since it was for me the most effective.

Forward -> Side -> Back ->Forward -> Side -> Back ->Forward -> Side -> Back ->Forward -> Side -x2000000

How to make it more interesting and funny:
I think it should be stronger(phys dmg), but with a "global cooldown" for about 5 seconds. That will make the player consider more where to move and what skill to do in nearest future. Rather than the spam none consideration way.

EDIT:
Something else i started to think about all of a sudden is that there is no penalties at all for these `Escape skills`. In my opinion there should be some kind of penalty, for example a reduced `movement speed` for 1 second when you Leap Slam... Why is there no panalties for `escape skills`?? That's my question.

Last edited by whywhyhow on Feb 26, 2013, 2:15:36 AM
For the love of all things holy FIX this skill. When it actually functions it's quit possibly my favorite skill in the game. But most of the time I'm running around at a 93% hit rate and managing to harmlessly pass through everything on the screen while they get free hits on me.
"
sinosleep wrote:
For the love of all things holy FIX this skill. When it actually functions it's quit possibly my favorite skill in the game. But most of the time I'm running around at a 93% hit rate and managing to harmlessly pass through everything on the screen while they get free hits on me.

This. I can't even accurately break a barrel with this skill because the game isn't detecting the hit. The hit detection seems to get a lot worse with attack speed as well.
"
Dynas wrote:
"
sinosleep wrote:

This. I can't even accurately break a barrel with this skill because the game isn't detecting the hit. The hit detection seems to get a lot worse with attack speed as well.

Yeah, I tend to hit things more when I don't use my frenzy stacks.
Since it seems this has been addressed, I will simply confirm and agree. The collision of Whirling blades is simply broken when you can even miss something as unmoving and inanimate as a stack of pots or barrels. Not to mention the desync that happens when using the ability as a dash-like escape mechanism I often find myself running to safety and being rubber band ported back to my death because the servers placement of me never updated.
Ign:Sinisterdeeds
Woohoo, there goes my idea of building a char round this skill. From reading the htread it seems really broken. Hopefully they fix it in an update.
"
Dynas wrote:
"
sinosleep wrote:

This is because of the desync. After the first time you use it you will be pretty much out of sync with the server and mobs and what you see like passing through them but you are actually passing through empty space.
Don't you sometimes hit the mobs even though they were not in the path of the skill? - in reality they were, as much as the server is concerned :)

Atm the desync is the biggest issue and makes this skill unusable imho.
Last edited by capprice13 on Mar 3, 2013, 2:42:31 AM
Lvl 28 Assassin, dual wield (claw primary, knife secondary). Took all the single and dual wield vanilla damage inc, speed attack increases.
I have been playing with this quite a bit over the past two days.
For a mobility spell, it is amazing. Great for escaping gangs. As a damage spell, it is completely lacking.
1) It only hits with primary hand, even though it seems to indicate a dual strike. Damage appears to be much less than what a normal single weapon strike would be.

2) I have 85% accuracy according to screen, but attacks miss even large groups about 50%. It can take 3 minutes to kill a unique using just this move.

3) I have never seen a critical strike go off. I have 11.5% with either weapon. And use it exclusively in large mods with a unique in the middle. Never ever seen a crit.

4) It has the most horrid DPS I could ever imagine,

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info