Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

my 2 pieces from harvest

edit: forgot my belt that is not done :(

poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
Last edited by spaceace7373 on Apr 15, 2021, 4:35:34 PM
There are a lot of players angry about these changes. So am I.

See you all in Last Epoch! :)
no tft nerf?
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
alex_disp wrote:

And I had a great laugh on all this butthurt with harvest nerf. :)
You can believe that it wasn't justified or done badly - your choice, my opinion - game has just got much better than before.

If you don't like harvest, don't use it, simple. You're not playing against other players in this game. Unless you're one of those inferiority complex losers who needs to show off his items to feel better about his "no" life, then only you think you are playing against other players. I play to grind my character to perfection, and without harvest 3 month leagues isn't enough if you're not an "unemployed" streamer or one of the aforementioned gambling addicts.

"
Saristas wrote:
If you don't like harvest, don't use it, simple. You're not playing against other players in this game. Unless you're one of those inferiority complex losers who needs to show off his items to feel better about his "no" life, then only you think you are playing against other players. I play to grind my character to perfection, and without harvest 3 month leagues isn't enough if you're not an "unemployed" streamer or one of the aforementioned gambling addicts.

very well said :)
poe is going down fast. Diablo 4 and Baldur's Gate 3 have no performance issues. play them instead
It's pretty clear that not a single Dev actually plays the current version of PoE.

Sure, I remember back in the day when you used eternal orbs / exalted orbs to craft your endgame equipment. But for the most part, that gear was very close to the powerful uniques at the time and so crafting endgame rares that way was really just min/maxing.

BUT that was also a much much much smaller game, and took far less time to create builds that could conquer all content. Nowadays, you basically need the tippy tippy top of the line gear to even do the endgame content of each new league. Harvest was the biggest and BEST fix for all the casual players that can only spend 2-3 hours max per day (if that) playing the game. A broader playerbase could access content on their own during the 3-month league schedule.

It seems like Chris only cares about the streamers and ultra-wealthy, no-life gamers that play PoE 12+ hours every single day. I mean the current league fiasco proves this even furhter. But they are actively breaking their own game to cater to the end-end-end-game that 90% of players will never ever get to reach without easier crafting and deterministic outcomes.

Biggest mistake of any game is continuously focusing only on the endgame and doing nothing to help out the early/mid/early-late gamers which are the vast majority of the player base. Making more powerful items accessible and craftable for more players is a GODDAMN GOOD THING. F Your philosphy, it makes no sense
Just dropped in too say Thank you Chris! Iam Very glad you lowered the ceiling and raised the floor! Iam all ready getting better items... I bought the top supporter pack and Mavin's Atlas devise :) Hopefully Iam not the only main stream player that is very pleased with everything you have done to make the game so much more fun THX AGAIN!!!
It's alright, I guess
Last edited by FiniteCrux on Apr 19, 2021, 2:49:35 PM
"
jsuslak313 wrote:

It seems like Chris only cares about the streamers and ultra-wealthy, no-life gamers that play PoE 12+ hours every single day.

And they base patches and nerfs around those players. Not the other 95% of the players that play this game and struggle.
Like I've said before and many others have said, they are so disconnected with the player base it's unreal.
In their eyes it would take the regular player 2+ full solid months of 10 hour days to achieve a max potential build and gear. But now we have to resort to builds with just ok gear and hope for the best.

Yeah that's how you win over players and keep them on the hook.... /s
The Harvest nerfs are even worse than they mentioned in the Manifesto.

It feels genuinely depressing seeing the Grove in a map now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info