Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

#IHopePatch3.14IsAPerformancePatchOnly
lmao. ggg can fkn nerf destroy harvest but they cant fix this nosense clutter crap item drop for years.
fk archnemesis.
I am extremely disappointed with this change.

Being a full time employee, the (somehow) deterministic crafting possibilities allowed me to keep on progressing and reach some goals this league with limited play time.
Those crafts weren't cheap or easy to get, but it gave me a possible path to crafting the item I want.
Every map, gave me this hope of getting another shot at crafting a complex item without just gambling away 5K chaos on an hypothetic result. It just feels completely unreachable.

This league has been the league where I played the most. The league content was decent, and the expansion content was amazing. But I do not think I would have stayed that long if not for the possibilities harvest gave me.

I fully understand that this tool may be too powerful in the hands of a few select players with no life or work that are able to spend 18 hours per day on the game, but for the others 99.5% players, it is a way of steadily progressing in the game and keep it enjoyable.

I truly hope you reconsider this change, or at least provide other deterministic crafting method that help us actually craft and not purely gamble the whole item away. This game should not be balanced around the 0.5%.
"
trepcsuit wrote:
Absolutely worse - again, more nerfs that support the 1%. I do not think you understand how people play your game.

The community said BIND HARVEST CRAFTED GEAR, like, everyone. And what do you do? You absolutely kill crafting. Eff!

No one crafts with exalts unless they are trying to record a troll video to show how a 30 chaos boot takes 250 exalt to make. You just don't get it. Just... wow...

Have you seen the Bleed Bow Crafting Session of MB, where he has invested over 500 Ex in crafting and ended with a less powerfull Bow? Who doesn't want that every day? I mean, Exaltis are raining like nothing in PoE... Ok, I'll stop sarcasm now.
I mean to be fair after I dunno 400+ maps this league I have found 8 harvests total 1 from zana that's it... 60% higher chance sounds nice but only reason I want it is to remove a life roll and try to roll a higher life roll. Sounds like my only reason in endgame to want a harvest to spawn is getting removed so that sucks. Now if they take away the socket coloring harvest crafts it will be completely pointless while leveling too.
Last edited by heyfunny on Mar 11, 2021, 11:09:37 AM
"
Silence4tw wrote:
lets be honest here, its a gentleman move by chris. Blizzard pass over lots of their playerbase by the immortal desaster and now, chris the gentleman that he is, gives it all back in the possible D4 release year. its crazy how fast u moved from the voice of the playerbase to 100% disconnected from it. i guess the epic quote from that blizzcon youtube video still stayed until today: no king rules forever. you had a good run it was nice to be part of it, thx for all the good memorys and see you all in D4.

+1, really nice of you Chris to push half your player base away to give D4 a chance.

Here I was thinking D4 didn't stand a chance after Ritual, Echoes and the return of \\Harvest//, guess I was wrong.
"
Giammafix wrote:
"Why would I use a regular Exalted/Divine/Annul Orb when I can get one through Harvest that has a deterministic result?"

Because EVERY SINGLE TIME I used one of those damn Annul orb I bricked my items...didn't even take 3 annuls, just every first one I used on some good item with a rare mod, had to choose THAT mod among the other 4...
that doesn't feel good at all.
The nerf would be "good" if you could allow people to store the craft in some orb (like Einhar's bestiary orb) and make harvest crafting and trading safer and integrated in game.
At that point, nerfs would make more sense.

Completely relate. Every goddam annul takes the mod I want to keep. It's like they target the rarer options. But sure use them to get recked.
Why not just make harvest crafted items account bound? This solves all of the discord problems. Just let us enjoy the game by crafting items for more builds. I just don't understand what are you thinking. Exalt slam a double influence weapon looking for a specific mod? That's how we are supposed to do it to "enjoy" the game? No thank you.
Harvest was a mistake and should never have gone core.
what? nobady ask for that. again u ruin crafting methods.
so we cannot craft critical mod on influence item (body armour) ???!!!!
so now add influece mod will cost like 10 exalt orbs on TFT discord or even more.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info