Development Manifesto: Harvest Crafting

Do you guys don't exalt slam?

is this the new version of "you guys not have phones?"

This is a really bad change honestly

As a semi-casual player (that never trades for anything but uniques and currency) I have never ever used exalts and annuls on any item (and I've played since beta) before Harvest league because the odds of getting a decent item was horrible.

Harvest Craft allowed for me to finally have the opportunity to craft items and enjoy crafting items.

I would seriously want you to reconsider and figure out a way of dis-incentivize harvest craft trading instead of nerfing the whole thing, preventing me from crafting items ever again.
One post a day, keeps the Death away
Last edited by BDtetra on Mar 10, 2021, 10:15:49 PM
Removal of the item editor is great. It will remove all of the bads from the game.

The only side effect that this will bring is children who might be able to see their dad, because every gaymer dad quit.
As a full time worker and new full time dad, harvest was a blessing this league. I play softcore and many times was able to craft my own items or upgrade items which felt really good. Even then, it took an immense amount of grinding to even do that, and I use immensely as loosely as I can since my time each day is now limited.

I do think perhaps aspects of it were overpowered for some players, especially those on the 24/7 grind, but I think these changes should have been implemented differently.

Why not make harvest crafting bound to items not recently traded to you or something? I'm positive that would take a bunch of effort to code but its progressive thinking. Nerfing harvest like this seems like major regression and feels a bit bad to most average players, I'd assume.

Really a shame, I feel like Harvest is what semi kept this league alive for me. Knowing in future leagues that some walls will feel grindy to get over again will probably leave me with that same old feeling many of us have been having for years after the first month or so of a league.
The ultra rich will just use what you give them to still make mirror items. Nothing will change except for the mid and lower level players who will now have one less way to make money.

I have been playing since BETA but you guys keep forcing everyone to run solo (more efficient) and cut alternative ways to make money. I don't want to run 100% deli maps all day to get an item if I did I would keep playing BDO.

Make the game get decent FPS in groups and find a way to make group play viable without lagging everyone out. Speed of play and mob density are out of control. This is why we all quit after 2 weeks.
This next league that you are planning has to be really good, to compensate for these nerfs that you give to everything. I hope so, because many players will stop playing this shit, just like in this Ritual league, the league is half over and most players have stopped playing. Alloy pretty useless.
boo this man!!
This makes no sense. Instead of recognizing what people are enjoying about the game and applying that design to other areas (other crafting techniques) you take away the thing that made the game more enjoyable. Yikes!

I love this game for a million different reasons... The random crafting lottery is the one thing I hate.

I can't come back to the game if they continue going down this path. And PoE 2? Likely just doubling down on this terrible design philosophy.
"
modernica wrote:
124 pages in such a short time. Amazing.

I hope this change comes with some real changes to trade. It is extremely outdated in its current form.
It would actually be closer to 150 if the mod's hadn't been deleting so many of the not so favorably posts.
Yeah not going to lie, I don't post often, and I wasn't going to this time either, but this is stupid.

I've only played this league for as long as I have because for once I don't have to invest hundreds of hours in one league to min-max my build without breaking my stash.

I don't agree at all with the idea that players "love" the feeling of throwing an exalt at an item in hopes of rolling a modifier with 0.2% chance. That's not a thing, no one every said that was a thing.

All this odes is create a gap between dedicated players players and the 0.001% that can afford to exalt/annul and invest ridiculous amounts of currency into an item to make their item great.

You seriously need to re-assess this decision, it's not the right way to go about it, at all.

EDIT: Worth mentioning, this is the FIRST TIME in 1600 HOURS I've actually enjoyed crafting to the extent of spending most of my time looking forward to doing it. This. Is. Not. The. Answer.
Last edited by BumBadaBing on Mar 10, 2021, 10:19:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info