Do you guys prefer solo play or group play if you could choose either without disadvantages?

"
696Gamer wrote:
Guys, do you realy know what a multiplayer game is?
League of legends IS a multiplayer game, a DnD game IS a multiplayer game, a game that force you to create a character that fits in a team, to be a carry, a healer, a tank a spellcaster, and without that team, you can't progress through the game.

In a game like POE and like every other aRPG, where you have to create a character that can solo handle everything, this is not an option.

Yes it could be great to be a part of a team and have a specific role in it, but in this game I can't see how anyone can do that.

On the other hand, multiplayer in this kind of games, end up to be some short of "services", where you have to "pay" someone to level you up, to gain some chalenges, or like some others do to gather resources for crafting.

If we are talking for this kind of multiplayer, then no thanks, I would like to play the game and not watching someone else play the game for me and then brag about my lvl 100 char, my 40/40 chalenges, and my dream items.

Original inferno D3 did. That's why a lot of ppl hated it and could not progress nor understand it. The devs borrowed heavily from WoW since it made them billions of dollars and thought it could work in arpg.
Git R Dun!
I like both, but would never play PoE group mode as it is now. It's horrible in every way imaginable. Now, if they made a grouping system like D3's - that would be far better and more enjoyable.
I've been wanting to play PoE with my buddies for a long time now. Other than the weird teeter-totter of game difficulty (too easy in the beginning, brick wall, not too bad at the end) I've felt that the multiplayer aspect of PoE was its weakest link.

I'd rather group play of some sort but I don't want it to come at the cost of ruining solo play.

I'd be happy with some QoL features and some extra settings in private leagues so players can tune a private league to group play for those that wish to play that way.

There are a lot of hurdles to adjust for that though.
without the shadow of a doubt: multiplayer

aside from the below average combat system, the lack of multiplayer is the only other severe negative aspect about this game. it is so much more enjoyable to play games with friends, your guild or just random folks from the opposite corner of the world.

I played starcraft for years, I played diablo for years, I played some mobas for years. almost exclusively with other friends and guild/alliance/whatever members. multiplayer for me is the core of gaming. I grew up with those games and the first affordable internet flatrates in the late 90s and early 00s.

single player games are forgotten after 20, 50 or at best 100 hours. multiplayer games stay for years and years, especially if they have a competitive aspect.

I really wish ggg would acknowledge this at least partly and try to move away from this overblown effect combat where one player oneshots several screens and where there really is no room at all for any meaningful team effort aside from dumb aurabots.
Last edited by grogzor on Mar 5, 2021, 8:56:03 AM
I used to play in groups a bit back in the day, in closed beta and the first few leagues, but the game has become such a joke that I don't see the point anymore. I prefer solo anyway.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Last edited by CrazylikE on Mar 5, 2021, 10:13:56 AM
I almost exclusively play with my wife. We're really disappointed by the disadvantages we face in 2-player groups. Don't even get me started on challenges, and being forced to do them separately. I love PoE but only 2 things make me want to quit it constantly:
1-shot mechanics and lack of co-op incentive
I only like playing solo

I like doing my own thing, I go afk a lot and not waiting for someone else to be ready to start another map. Plus playing in parties makes frames much worse for console peasants like me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info