Do you guys prefer solo play or group play if you could choose either without disadvantages?

One of the main reasons why I love PoE is that I can play on my own and achieve my goals without having to deal with people.

I quit WoW because I couldn't stand dealing with brain-dead noobs unable to learn simple game mechanics. Guild drama, wipes, afkers, DKP, being forced to sit on TS and listen to them talk... /puke
Solo one of these days a mirror will drop and I want it to be mine.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
solo. If they gonna force multiplayer in any way im out.
If any of my RL friends played this game, group play.
But I have been SSF for ages.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Last edited by DoubleU on Feb 26, 2021, 9:35:39 PM
group for profits or exp only (carrys, rotas)
cookies
Always been a solo player, except when I played WoW and raided. But even then other than raiding, did everything else solo. Reason is I like to go at my pace (which is usually pretty slow), and if I get side-tracked, no-one gets butt-hurt.
100% solo player.

I have no guild.

and I don't want to drag RL friends into this game for alot of reasons.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
If I had to pick between both, I'd rather solo.

That said, one of the VERY few things D2 and D3 got right was group play. There's quite literally near zero fun playing with friends in PoE; screens are exploding with one attack, and someone is easily miles ahead in seconds.

Group play is actually a huge point of why I'm excited for D2R. Sure someone could be on their sorc and portin around, but otherwise it doesn't feel like my friends and I are hindering ourselves just to play together.
I've already chosen solo play, as it offers no disadvantages in PoE.
"
I find it a bit odd that a multiplayer game like POE is encouraging solo play aside from trading.

So, in an ideal game world where you could choose between the two types of playstyle, if there weren't benefits or disadvantages of either or, would you choose solo play style or group playstyle? (personally, I prefer group)

I would 100% play in group if we had an option to hide skills effects from others players, or I mean, show native ones only.

For now ... it's like watching screen vomiting.
Hf :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info