Do you guys prefer solo play or group play if you could choose either without disadvantages?

I group whenever I can, which is less often than I'd like, becaue my pc is a potato and this game is not optimized even under the most advanced hardware conditions.

Probably the most fun I've had in ages was half the ED/C noobs in 820 trying to help a guy with a super juiced temple Atziri, tag teaming in to spray mustard gas in her face before we got cooked.

(Curse reflect is a bitch, don't do it if there's other people in the room. Take that shit out and put a wither gem in instead. YOU maybe tempchains immune but Joe McCheap might not appreciate it)

Since a lot of stuff is gated behind individual access (map device, atlas, delve chart) you need to do some solo and that's fine, but when the majority of a long and endgame-fundamental grind is locked behind a solo wall, it sucks.

I did ssf in Synth and again in Delirium. It was ass. Deli especially because the entire mechanic was about map juice and xp and packsize and there's no better setup for big party play.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
"
group play really sucks in this game
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
I saw a mathil vod once he was saying when an aura bot joined his party for a trade and 8x his dps. Someone really trying hard to make this a MP game but lets face it DPS is not the problem when we one shot screens. I guess the tippy top earners like emperian play groups but it not like it's needed. Until then solo all the way. no sheduling issues, waiting, performance issues etc. Some games require synergy like WoW raids. Not this one.
Git R Dun!
"
crunkatog wrote:
I group whenever I can, which is less often than I'd like, becaue my pc is a potato and this game is not optimized even under the most advanced hardware conditions.

Probably the most fun I've had in ages was half the ED/C noobs in 820 trying to help a guy with a super juiced temple Atziri, tag teaming in to spray mustard gas in her face before we got cooked.

(Curse reflect is a bitch, don't do it if there's other people in the room. Take that shit out and put a wither gem in instead. YOU maybe tempchains immune but Joe McCheap might not appreciate it)

Since a lot of stuff is gated behind individual access (map device, atlas, delve chart) you need to do some solo and that's fine, but when the majority of a long and endgame-fundamental grind is locked behind a solo wall, it sucks.

I did ssf in Synth and again in Delirium. It was ass. Deli especially because the entire mechanic was about map juice and xp and packsize and there's no better setup for big party play.

What difference does it make with an explosive mechanic and HH which makes it even easier more powerful maps are? Long as you got a enough DPS to kill whites in one shot everything else exlodes. And as rares get high numbers thats more stacks for your HH which makes power exponential. I farmed sex deliriums with a 8m base CoC DPS jug (see fire on the mountain). As long as he could get rolling nothing was off limits.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 25, 2021, 7:06:17 PM
Solo.

PoE for me has always been a single player game, with the option to play with others
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
I prefer to play in group. The best ARPG experience I had mostly involved group play.

I play also Fornite also exclusively in group, usually with friends. I only plaed solo for the first few weeks i started. Once I hgot a few Victory royale& started joining group, I never looked back. It is so much better.

Quin69 asked Christ during Exilecon if they have intension to improve MP, & the TLDR answer is things will stay similar to current.

I played a few MP games, because a forend told me its a good way to level up fast. I never went back again. I would rather isist a dentist, watch Tik Tok then to play MP in PoE.

Playing with a friend is okay. Everyone else, I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole.

PoE is & will be a mostly single player online game, & that is fine for me. I have otehr games to fill MP need. that is unless theer is a arpg game that has strong MP & great customisation, then well. Good to know you.
Last edited by kiadaw on Feb 26, 2021, 3:07:30 AM
singleplayer. if youre honest most randoms in multiplayer are incompetent and hostile persons.
idk maybe i played games for too long but i dont feel like scheduling, planning and working out groupplay with a bunch of strangers these days anymore.
if a game has content gated behind groupplay (even worse if it doesnt have groupfinder) i wont play it.
Was fine when i was 14 maybe, with 28 i wanna use my free game time efficiently tbh...

not even gonna start how PoE will never be centered around multiplayer. Reasons are just too obvious.
It's pretty much a solo game for me, but with multiplayer chat and trading - I prefer to set my own pace/schedule. My son is the same - we sit next to one another and still prefer not to group up and just do our own thing.
Guys, do you realy know what a multiplayer game is?
League of legends IS a multiplayer game, a DnD game IS a multiplayer game, a game that force you to create a character that fits in a team, to be a carry, a healer, a tank a spellcaster, and without that team, you can't progress through the game.

In a game like POE and like every other aRPG, where you have to create a character that can solo handle everything, this is not an option.

Yes it could be great to be a part of a team and have a specific role in it, but in this game I can't see how anyone can do that.

On the other hand, multiplayer in this kind of games, end up to be some short of "services", where you have to "pay" someone to level you up, to gain some chalenges, or like some others do to gather resources for crafting.

If we are talking for this kind of multiplayer, then no thanks, I would like to play the game and not watching someone else play the game for me and then brag about my lvl 100 char, my 40/40 chalenges, and my dream items.
What, is there a group play in PoE?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info