Massive RIP to PoE.

as a console pleb I will try out the D2 remaster. I never actually played D2, I wasn't much into gaming back then. So I'll give it a go. Blizzard can get one thing right with their games and that is performance. I will actually play hardcore in that too, which is just not do-able for poe console.
Last edited by Anton__Chigur on Feb 21, 2021, 8:32:59 PM
Part of that "smooth" you want removes the tactical nature of PoE. The reason other games are so smooth is that they're only simulating the combat. The outcome has nothing to do with you, the player. PoE you create packets of damage that may or may not affect their target. Other games don't do that.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I want some of what they're smoking if they think $75 is a fair price.

What's 75$? D2R is $39 if that's what you're talking about.
Check back 6 or 7 posts.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I want some of what they're smoking if they think $75 is a fair price.

Hahahaahah and yet have you seen the prices in this game?

I think this is a classic bait post, you got me though I confess.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Why this thread has so much misinformation is beyond me.

Reskin is ~40 bucks it seems.

Did you try turning it off and on again?
"
kaepae wrote:

Yeah it's what I said they LITERALLY said it's the same game all they did was put a filter on it that runs onto the engine that's it that's literally it people think it's some new generation shit and it's like have you not played d2 or what? You play it in sessions just like in PoE same shit hahahha

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Part of that "smooth" you want removes the tactical nature of PoE. The reason other games are so smooth is that they're only simulating the combat. The outcome has nothing to do with you, the player. PoE you create packets of damage that may or may not affect their target. Other games don't do that.

That is one layer of it. The other layer is that everything about those packets require a server handshake to combat cheating. You can have all that stuff entirely in the client but that enables cheating/duping/etc. So yeah this is why you technically never had a an SoJ or 40/15 jewel dupe extravaganza because PoE learned from D2 and other games and architected PoE the way they did: every single game calc or mechanic authenticated by the server. That is now most likely PoEs biggest bottle neck, unfortunately. The more they throw at the game the worse it gets. What you think may be graphics and fps lag is typically the server choking and your graphics card is just fine.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
"
"
kaepae wrote:

Yeah it's what I said they LITERALLY said it's the same game all they did was put a filter on it that runs onto the engine that's it that's literally it people think it's some new generation shit and it's like have you not played d2 or what? You play it in sessions just like in PoE same shit hahahha

cross play cross save with all systems (except Mac lmao) and in the modern era, it'll open it up for people who never played it
but let's be real no one's quitting PoE
if D2R is the graphic upgrade only, no bullshit new feature. I think it will be good. Modders will handle new content.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info