[Archived] Archmage Hexblast | 4M+ Ignite DPS | Budget Options League Start to Endgame

"
Taedus wrote:
"- active playstyle, it is not a brain-dead one-button build"

That's very much a pro. If there is something that quickly kills a game it's brainless one-button builds.

It is subjective so I've included it in both pros and cons. I personally enjoyed it too!

This build has especially quite a lot going on. You have to keep up your Fortify and Arcane Cloak, cast Storm Brand here and there and do your Flammability/Hexblast rotation right so that you cast Hexblast with maximum doom.
Updated for 3.14
Is this build playable on SSF? Or a private league with a little players to trade items.
Last edited by ShadowLN on Apr 14, 2021, 7:59:48 AM
"
Is this build playable on SSF? Or a private league with a little players to trade items.

No, unfortunately, it is not.

Most of the uniques are not mandatory, but you need at least the Vixen's gloves - so that is one unique that you would have to farm. You could replace them, in theory, by using hextouch support but you would lose one curse.

Then there is a lot of uniques that make the build stronger but are not really required for it to function: Cloak of Defiance (hard to get in SSF), Crown of the Inward Eye, Omeyocan, Atziri's Foible, Essence Worm.

Due to how many uniques are used, it is also starved for resistances that would be also hard to get in SSF (together with life and mana).

The last thing being alternate quality jewels. They give a lot of power to the build and you cannot really count on them in SSF.

Overall, you could probably play a worse version of this build if you drop a lot of the uniques and expect to perform much worse, but I wouldn't recommend it.

EDIT: I just remembered that someone made an SSF Trickster version: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3036718
Last edited by GimbO on Apr 14, 2021, 9:07:14 AM
I'll be league starting with your build, thanks ! :)
amazing post, stuff is very well explained
Hey, I want to start a Scion this league and yours fit perfect. Looking at the PoB at Endgame tree you remove MoM, it's correct ? Not necessary with Hierophant ? Thnx in advance
"
Hey, I want to start a Scion this league and yours fit perfect. Looking at the PoB at Endgame tree you remove MoM, it's correct ? Not necessary with Hierophant ? Thnx in advance

Yes, I unallocate Mind Over Matter, but only because we get it from the unique body armor Cloak of Defiance. So we will get all benefits from Mind Over Matter and save a passive point at the same time.
My bad, not readed properly all the guide before asking, gear faulted. Thanks for your fast and kind response. In a couple of weeks i'll tell you how far i get with it.
I am newer and have been eyeing this build as a league starter. I am hyped for this one. Thanks for updating it!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info