[Archived] Archmage Hexblast | 4M+ Ignite DPS | Budget Options League Start to Endgame

A few reasons for that - I'd be losing a few stats on a staff, I haven't found one with a decent mana roll yet, I already have a 5-link chest and I'm not seeing significant DPS problems in white maps. It's already killing bosses pretty fast; the main problem I'm seeing is getting stun-locked and running out of mana in Ultimatums. Otherwise there aren't too many concerns.
"
EpixOtto wrote:
@GimbO

Hey man

I've been leaguestarting with your build and been having a rough time, but fun time atleast. I've tried to work my way around getting stunned and killed in Ultimatum and finally figured to try and get block capped.

Now im trying to use the Ancestral Call Support + Vigilant Strike, but I don't see how it fit in ? I am currently using a wand + shield, so it does not count as a melee weapon.

Any suggestions?

Hey, I'm looking at your character and I've noticed several things out of place.

You can use the Vigilant Strike (either self-cast or with General's cry) only if you have a melee weapon, so you need either a scepter and shield or a staff. If you use wand and shield, you can still use the Shield Charge setup for fortify, but not the Vigilant Strike.

Your defences are very weak because this build defence realies HEAVILY on Mind over Matter and Agnostic. You have modified the build a little too much.

You have went for Low Life using The Ivory Tower but you kept archmage and Mind over Matter and removed Agnostic. This way you try to scale energy shield and mana + mana regen at the same time which is simply too much, at least on a budget.

My advice is to drop the energy shield scaling completely and scale mana and mana regen much more than you do now by doing several things:

- Change Occulist to Hierophant ascendancy.

- Allocate Agnostic. It gives you a lot of recovery if you can sustain the mana degen.

- Get Arcane Capacitor for a lot of mana regen. You will have to drop Glancing Blows for now probably (or check rozakk's character: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/rozakk/characters he plays max block with Glancing Blows version of this build)

- Get the cluster with Evil Eye notable. It blinds every enemy and it will help you survive.

- Get rare jewels with mana/burnig damage and probably resistances (life is expensive right now)

- Get the budget version of a damage cluser jewel 1 time.

- Drop Clarity completely.

- Activate Malevolence ONLY IF you can keep it in the Essence Worm ring. You have to have 100% of your mana unreserved, you will need if for defences.

- Get a 6-link. I would advice you to get a 6-link staff, because you will need to switch to unlocked cloak of defiance later in your progression, but you can get a 6-link body armor too if you wish.

- Get Dance of the Offered Carnal Boots.

- Change your flasks. You need one enduring mana flask, granit, basalt, quicksilver and quartz flasks.

- Generally change your rare gear to have life and mana (instead of life and energy shield). You can take inspiration from my character: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/GimbO/characters (I'm currently still in white maps so most of the gear is quite budget-friendly. Character name if RemoveHexproofPls).

To solve the stun issue you can do a few things:

- Get Soul of the Brine King and upgrade it at least once. That will prevent chain-stuns and get you some stun recovery.

- Get the flask modifier "(40–60)% increased Block and Stun Recovery during Flask effect" on some of your flasks.

- If you have it, you can craft the stun avoidance unveil modifier "(20–30)% chance to Avoid Elemental Ailments (20–30)% chance to Avoid being Stunned" on your rare body armor.

- The biggest upgrade would be getting the boot enchant "80% chance to Avoid being Stunned if you've Killed Recently". If it is expensive, you can get it yourself in the lab. If you decide to farm it yourself, prepare another pair of boots and a helmet where you put any good enchant that you might get while farming for yours and sell them for profit.

General advice for surviving ultimatums is:

- Never stop moving.

- Spam your flasks.

- If you notice your mana going down rapidly. Dash away, let Agnostic do its thing to recover and then get back in the fight.

This build has amazing recovery with mana regen + Agnostic. Use it to your advatage.

I'm working on the tanky version of your build. I have hard time in ultimatum like all of you ( stun maybe ).
I have ~3khp and ~7k mana 75% Ele res and 70% Chaos res and ultimatum still random destroy me, i don't understand the ultimatum dmg i think :(.
I destroy early red map but random ultimatum white map can kill me XD.
If i get the currency for Skyforth i update my thoughts for you !

I love your build i try my best to achive the tanky version ! ( sorry for my bad english )
Hey there,

Trying your build, and must admit it s fun ! :)

But i have quite a trouble as soon as the monster is Hexproof (in particular there is a guy from Betrayal who is hexproof...)

What do you suggest as a second source of damage when you re facing an hexproof ? Do you consider the burning from other trash will do the stuff ? do you have another spell combo ?

Thanks
"
I'm working on the tanky version of your build. I have hard time in ultimatum like all of you ( stun maybe ).
I have ~3khp and ~7k mana 75% Ele res and 70% Chaos res and ultimatum still random destroy me, i don't understand the ultimatum dmg i think :(.
I destroy early red map but random ultimatum white map can kill me XD.
If i get the currency for Skyforth i update my thoughts for you !

I love your build i try my best to achive the tanky version ! ( sorry for my bad english )

Hey, the tanky version relies heavily on some expensive items, unfortunately. For it to perform well you need these three things: Stubborn Student 4 times, Glorious Vanity for Divine Flesh (very expensive) and the Determination Watcher's Eye. It was really only meant for reaching high levels once you have every other upgrade.

I think that until you can get all of these things, you might have a better time with the normal version of this build. You will lose some defences, but you will also kill stuff much faster and you might get carried by the mana recovery on kill.

Also, until you can get 4 times Stubborn Student, Arcane Cloak will be MUCH better for your defences than Molten Shell because it scales with mana and not armour so try switching that for now.

Ultimatums are just rough. Getting stun avoidance enchant on boots and stun avoidance on rare gear (or as an unveil modifier on your flask if you can afford it - Cinderswallow is still expensive) will make you stun immune which should also help a lot.

What I want to test once I get to high tier maps is to use two defensive curses (Temporal Chains and Enfeeble) instead of Elemental Weakness and Despair. Once your gear is good enough, this setup could still have enough damage to kill ultimatum mobs and have the defensive layer of 2 curses. I haven't tested this yet, so I'm not sure how it will turn out.

EDIT: Also Omeyocan or Dance of the Offered boots could help you. They give perma Onslaught - that means more cast speed - less time standing still - lower chance of dying. Omeyocan also give 20% dodge chance for attack and spell hits.
Last edited by GimbO on Apr 21, 2021, 6:31:30 PM
"
Arakillikara wrote:
Hey there,

Trying your build, and must admit it s fun ! :)

But i have quite a trouble as soon as the monster is Hexproof (in particular there is a guy from Betrayal who is hexproof...)

What do you suggest as a second source of damage when you re facing an hexproof ? Do you consider the burning from other trash will do the stuff ? do you have another spell combo ?

Thanks

Hey, there is no real counterplay to Hexproof unfortunately. There exists one chest piece, but it is not worth using.

Hexproof mobs can still be cursed (even though the curses have no effect) and they gain doom so just play as you normally do. Curse the enemy, wait for max doom and cast Hexblast. Your damage will be much lower, but once you get to the endgame setup, you will kill even hexproof enemies pretty quickly.
Rolling an occultist is probably the only reasonable way of getting around hexproof in this case, but that would come at a pretty steep cost in terms of damage.
Do you think Essence of Delirium on ring can be good for us ? +5 doom is that good ?
ya hexproof isnt really an issue, just makes some rares take a bit longer to kill but we still keep ~50% of our damage thanks to the doom effect. Even ele reflect isnt the end all, u can use a sybils + yugul pantheon, or you can just use hexblast without curse (but not recommended). I havent tried reduced recovery/no regen yet, but i think it is doable with some tedious flask management.

i think the nonstarter for this build is 'chance to avoid elem ailments'. at high awakener level red maps this is like 85-90% which makes rares/bosses so long to kill its not worth it.
Does the budget still apply? It seems Elementalist ignite builds are quite popular right now so I wonder if that affects it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info