[3.13] Cospri's Malice CoC Ice Nova Inquisitor.
Welcome to my build guide.
This build works similar as traditional Assassin Cospri's Malice CoC Ice Nova but it's way more tanky and cheaper. With changes to Righteous Providence in 3.13 it's realy easy to get 100% Critical Strike Chance as Inquisitor.
100% Delirum Burial Chambers
Path of Building.
About this build
1. Explosions from Herald of Ice :D
2. Tanky and safe playstyle.
3. Immune to elemental ailments.
4. Fast clear.
5. Great boss killer.
6. Cheap to start.
7. Can do all content in the game including 100% delirum T16 maps (without headhunter) all bosses and Maven's Invitation: The Feared.
1. To do elemental reflect maps or Uber Atziri you need to switch one ring for Sibyl's Lament and take Soul of Yugul pantheon.
2. For no regen maps you have to switch one flask for Enduring mana flask. (It's easier to avoid this mod).
1. Cospri's Malice
2. Corrupted Soul + Pious Path
3. Righteous Providence
Corrupted Soul Keystone split non-chaos damage you take to 50% be taken as Life and other 50% as Energy shield. For example if you get hit by 1000 dmg you lose 500 life and 500 energy shield instead of losing 1000 energy shield in regular case. It's worthy mention that because of split damage received you don't benefit if you ES>Life.
Pious Path add your life regen to you ES regen. In our case if we have 800 life regen we will also get 800 ES regen. With Corrupted Soul we always lose equal amount of life and ES when dealing with non-chaos damage and in this case we always utilize our double regeneration rate.
Righteous Providence gives us over 500% increased critical strike chance which allows us to always have 100% Critical Strike Chance.
Here you can find explanation about attack speed and cooldown recovery of CoC and Cospri's Malice: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/e5pyr8/the_cyclone_cast_on_critical_strike_cooldown/
Gear, Jewels and Flasks
1. Cospri's Malice
2. Replica Soul Tether or Glorious Vanity in the name of Doryani
3. Shaper's Touch (+1 to socketed gems to ugrade Enlighten or +2 to AoE gems for our Auras)
4. Astramentis (anoint Utmost Might or Tranquility when you cap you crit chance without Utmost Might)
1. First ring - Circle of Fear with 2 out of 3 affixes:
- Herald of Ice Has #% reduced mana reservation - this one is very important early when you don't have Enlightment lvl. 4. or even lvl. 3.
- Increased cold damage while affected by Herald of Ice
- Herald of Ice has #% increased buff effect
2. Second ring - The Taming because we freeze, shock and ignite either way so we got full benefits. Other than that you can use any other ring with resistances and life.
3. Helmet - Blizzard Crown - free +cold dmg because with Inevitable Judgement Ascendancy it has no downside. The best will be warlord+shaper with +1 maximum power charge and nearby enemies take 6% increased elemental damage.
4. Body Armour - can be any chest with life, ES and resistance. The best would be explosive chest with Attack have +#% to Critical Strike Chance and resistance. Preferable Vaal Regalia or Sadist Garb. Vaal Regalia is better with Glorious Vanity Timeless jewel and Sadist Garb is better with replica Soul Tether. There is also an extremely useful syndicate craft "Gain 10% of your life as Energy Shield".
5. Boots - movement speed, life and resists.
6. Shield - Light of Lunaris or any shield with spell damage and resistances.
1. Cinderswallow Urn with Increased Critical Strike Chance or Regenerate 3% of Life per second.
2. Rumi's Concotion or Quartz Flask.
3. Atziri's Promise.
4. Basalt Flask.
5. Quicksilver Flask.
1. Large Cluster Jewel +12% cold damage (8 passives). Ideally you want 3 good skills from the list but any 2 out of 3 will be good enought:
- Prefix: Cold to the Core, Prismatic Heart, Sadist.
- Suffix: Doryani's Lesson, Disorienting Display, Widespread Destruction. (I prefer Doryani's Lesson because of life leech)
This is a tricky part because you only need good 2 out of 3 skills but depends on which one you get they might be located in different order on your jewel. For example I currently use jewel with Cold to the Core, Doryani's Lesson and Snowstorm which is useless for me but it's located on the opposite side of the cluster jewel so I can skip it and still have the good ones Cold to the Core and Doryani's Lesson. You can check how cluster jewel will look with a certain skills in PoB.
2. Medium Cluster Jewel +10% Area Damage (4-5 passives)
- Vast Power
3. Medium Cluster Jewel +10% increased Effect of Non-Damaging Ailments (4-5 passives)
- Cold Conduct
4. Abyss jewel with life and +fire damage to spells if you using Cinderswallow Urn for additional 10% increased damage taken by enemies.
5. Frozen Trail (Ideally with corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you but you can have anti-bleeding flask instead).
6. Watcher's Eye with +#% critical strike chance while affected by Hatred.
7. Thread of Hope with Large radius.
8. One normal jewel with increased life and some critical strike multipliers.
9. Unnatural Instinct - there are few sockets around our passive tree where this jewel gives us a lot of good stuff.
All jewels except Unnatural Instinct are mandatory at some point but you can start without them and start using them when you progres your character. The only jewel you we need to use at the begining is Frozen Trail but it is a quest reward so it should not be a problem to obtain it.
Recommended upgrade order:
Frozen Trail x2 > Medium Cluster Jewel +10% increased Effect of Non-Damaging Ailments > Large Cluster Jewel +12% cold damage (with at least one good passive on the road to sockets) > Watcher's Eye >
Thread of Hope (you replace one Frozen Trail with it) > Medium Cluster Jewel +10% Area Damage > Large Cluster Jewel +12% cold damage (with 2 good passives on the road to sockets).
Meanwhile we use normal jewels with increased life/ES and some damage or even to cap our resistance. When you get Cinderswallow Urn then you change one normal jewel with Abyss jewel +life and +fire dmg to spells.
Medium Cluster Jewel +10% increased Effect of Non-Damaging Ailments
1. Buy this type cluster jewel with 4-5 passives and at least ilvl 68.
2. Metalic Fossil or Harvest reforge rare with lightning.
Large Cluster Jewel +12% cold damage
1. Buy this type cluster jewel with 8 passives and at least ilvl 68.
2. Frigid Fossil or Harvest reforge rare with cold until you get Cold to the Core with Prismatic Heart, Sadist or Snowstorm.
3. After that you have to remove suffixes or at least have one open. You can do that with Harvest reforge keeping all prefixes.
4. If you have 2 open suffixes you can use Harvest augment life twice and you'll be guarantee to get Doryani's Lesson and life regen. With one open suffix you can agument life and then use remove add life until you get Doryani's Lesson. Remove add variant might cost more because Doryani's Lesson is pretty rare.
IMPORTANT!!!! It's worth notice that if you roll jewel with Blanketed Snow instead Cold to the Core don't reroll it. It's a very good passive for Assassin's CoC build and if you finish it as this one you should be able to sell it for a big profit.
There are probably many ways to create good armour for this build. I will describe the cheapest one.
1. Buy ilvl 100 6-linked Vaal Regalia/Astral Plate/Sadist Garb with hunter influence.
2. Buy crusader explo chest with only one influence modifier.
3. You can force +#% attack crit with augment attack in harvest so it's better to go with other hunter mods to awaken it. I recommend +9-12% increased maximum life. It's easy to craft with Pristine Fossils.
4. Make sure explo mod and increased maximum life are the only influenced mods on the items.
5. Use Awakener's Orb on the explo chest and use it on 6-linked hunter chest with increased life.
6. Depends on result chest you might need to remove one prefix and suffix.
7. On an open prefix you craft Gain 10% maximum life as ES which is Syndicate Veiled mod.
8. On an open suffix you use Augment attack in harvest and because it is only attack mod you are guarantee to get Attack have +#% Critical Strike Chance. You might be unlucky as I was and roll T2 mod but later you can use remove add attack in harvest to try again.
Perfect Blizzard Crown should have +1 to maximum Power charges and nearby enemies take 6+% increased elemental damage with life and resistance. If you don't need a lot of resistance on you helmet you can go for Warlord's mods like Crit multi or Life regen. Depends on the awakening you can also be able to roll for Phys dmg from hits taken as fire dmg or shaper's mod cold dmg to spells.
1. You need to buy Blizzard Crown ilvl 85+ with good enchant. Recommended enchants are: Ice Nova Damage, Ice Nova AoE, Aura has reduced reservation cost, movement skill QiL enchants.
2. You need to get Warlord's Exalted Orb, Awakened Orb and shaper helmet ilvl:85+.
3. You use Warlord's Exalted Orb on your Blizzard Crown and roll "+1 to maximum power charges" on it by using Alteration Orbs. Make sure you roll only one warlord mod on it.
4. Roll with alteration orbs or buy shaper's helmet ilvl 85+ with "nearby enemies take 6% increased elemental damage".
5. Once more make sure those are the only influence mods on the items.
6. Use Awakener's Orb on shaper's helmet and than on Blizzard Crown to combine them into double influence Blizzard Crown with both mods.
7. Because we combine prefix and suffix mods the item might be not able to upgrade even this harvest. If you got unlucky and can't roll anything good like life or resists on it I recommend to just sell the helmet and start over. I was able to sell this way 2 not great helmets for 10ex each and do it again.
IMPORTANT!!! You might go for elevated "nearby enemies take 9% increased elemental damage" but because of step (7) I recomment this only to people who have a lot of currency to use.
Crafting guides on youtube
2. Awakened Cast on Critical Strike
3. Ice Nova
5. Awakened Added Cold Damage (Increased Critical Strikes before Watcher's Eye)
2. Ice Nova
3. Ice Bite (Power Charge on Critical Strike before you get cluster jewel with Cold Conduct + Stormrider)
You can change Ice Bite for added cold damage support or any other support which gives you more damage.
Shaper's Touch with +2 to socketed AoE gems or +1 to all socketed gems:
2. Herald of Ice
4. Flesh and Stone
3. Arcane Surge (around lvl. 6)
4. Culling Strike or Unbounded Ailments.
1. Immortal Call(20)
2. Cast When Damage Taken(20)
1. Dash or Flame Dash
2. Second Wind
1-links: Vaal Righteous Fire, Precision (just to cap you accuracy, it should be around lvl. 11), Vitality
Notice if you will have in 3-link Cast When Damage Taken and Vaal Righteous Fire both at lvl. 20 then your CWDT will activate your regular Righteous Fire skill when you get hit. You need to unlink that item or use Vaal Righteous Fire with at least one level higher than CWDT (for example VRF lvl. 21 and CWDT lvl. 20). Also look out to not support precision with anything to not higher it reserved mana cost.
Recommended upgrade order:
Enlighten lvl. 3 > Awakened Added Cold Damage Support > Enlighten lvl. 4 > Awakened Cast on Critical Strike > Anomalous Ice Nova > Divirgent/Phantasmal Cyclone > Other alternative quality gems
I didn't level this character as intended to be CoC build. I just respec to it from Hierophant at level 90. But in my opinion you should be able to level it as a generic Spell Crit Inquisitor with Storm Brand or any other spell. At level 70 you can start using Cospri's Malice and go full CoC build.
League start possibilities:
It might be possible to league start with this build but as Mjolner instead Cospri's Malice. The main concept of the build will remain the same but Mjolner should be significant cheaper than Cospri's Malice in the first week of a new league. You can switch later to Cospri as soon as you can afford it.
1. Core items and Flasks (Life flask in place of Cinderswallow Urn)
2. Circle of Fear with Herald of Ice has #% reduced mana reservation and one of "Increased Cold damage" or "Herald of Ice increased buff effect".
3. Other cheap items and jewels life + one multiplier mod whenever you need them.
4. Enlighten level 3.
4. Watcher's Eye with +#% Critical Strike Chance while affected by Hatred.
5. Awakened Added Cold Damage, Thread of Hope, basic cluster jewels and Cinderswallow Urn. In no particular order, they all should be at the similar prices so buy whatever you want.
7. Explo chest with "Attacks have +#% to Critical Strike Chance".
8. More expensive Large Cluster Jewel (3 good passives or 2 on the right spots) and Enlighten level 4 and better normal jewels.
9. Awakened Cast On Critical.
10. Alternative quality gems.
IMPORTANT!!! DO NOT start this build with buying Awakened Cast On Crit. It's a waste of money at the beginning. If you already bought it but you still don't have other important items/jewels/gems than sell it and buy them. It's extremely important in the case of Watcher's Eye. You want it as soon as you can afford it.
I've added leveling tree to PoB up to level 51. It's a basic tree which I would use to level most of my Templar characters. Depends what spell you would like to use you can take different Walker skill or add brand passives if you would use brand skill. Everything what you like should be close to this tree and you shouldn't have any troubles to expend it in any direction you what. You also would have easy transition to final CoC build with Cospri's Malice.
1. Righteous Providence
2. Inevitable Judgement
4. Pious Path
1. Righteous Providence
3. Pious Path
4. Inevitable Judgement
Depending on how good you would feel with your damage.
Pantheons and Bandits.
You can go with Alira but I choose to kill'em all.
You can use any of Major Pantheon.
Brine King if you feel you have problems with stuns.
Lunaris for mapping.
Solaris for bosses.
Arakaali for more Life/ES regen.
Gruthukul for mapping.
Ryslatha or Garukhan for bosses.
Shakari if you expect chaos damage.
Yugul for Uber Atziri and Maven's Invitation: The Feared.
Q: How do I get 100% Critical Strike Chance?
A: Look at Upgrade order. There is a reason why I places Watcher's Eye and explo chest with +#% Attack crit so high on it. Before you buy Watcher's Eye you might use Increased Critical Strike Support Gem in you CoC setup. Also +1 to maximum Power Charges passives are extremely important, don't skip them.
Q: I have problems with mana.
A: Check if your Enlighten is at least level 3 or if your Dash/Flame Dash is linked to second wind, it shouldn't. Also reduced mana reservation passives in Sovereignty node are very important and should not be skipped for lone skills like Amplify or left-most jewel socket. You can use Shaper's Touch with +1 to socketed gems instead of +2 to AoE which gives you Enlighten +1 level and will lower the auras mana reservation cost.
Q: I spend a lot of currency into this build and it doesn't work.
A: You probably didn't follow the Upgrade order I wrote for this build. Most common mistake is to start this build with Awakened CoC and BiS Large Cluster Jewel and skip Watcher's Eye and explo chest. If you can't afford whole build than the Upgrade order matters.
Q: Is abyss jewel with +fire dmg to spell important?
A: It's important if you want to use Cinderswallow Urn or The Taming because it gives you buff to damage. Other than that you can change it to regular life+multi.
Q: I'm dying a lot and don't know why.
A: How much Life/ES do you have? It's easy to have 10k+ effHP with this build. If you have around 4k life + 2k ES you probably did something wrong. You should use as you body armour Vaal Regalia with +life and craft mod "Gain 10% of your life as Energy Shield". It's worth mention that using replica Soul Tether gives you 6% life as ES and also saves you at least 2 skill points which can be invested in something else.
Q: How this build compare to Assassin's variant?
A: Templar variant is way more tanky than Assassin. You can easily reach 10k+ effHP and 1.5k+ life/ES regen. You get ailments immune for free thanks to Pious Path.
Q: How do I get Consecration Ground all the time?
A: Templar Ascendancy Skills Sanctuary and Pious Path create Consecration Ground every time you are stationary and than attached it to you for 4 seconds when you are moving. To have 100% upkeep on Consecration Ground you only need to use your movement skill every 4 second. It's not rare at all to even refresh Consecration Ground with Cyclone when you change direction.
Q: How I can deal with stuns or get stun immunity?
A: The best will be to craft implicit "10% chance to avoid being stunned" on all jewels. It will gives you 90% stun immunity. Second layer of stun resistance is to have big life pool which reduces chances to get stunned.
Q: My boss damage is low, am I doing something wrong?
A: Make one thing clear. This build can kill bosses/guardians in few second but not in 1-2 seconds. If you feel your single target damage is not good enough you need to check few things: attack crit chance, hit chance, attack speed and Cospri's/CoC breakpoints. Cinderswallow Urn might lower your dps because it gives you Onslaught buff which increase your attack speed. You might want to change it for boss fight for Bottled Faith or something else or just use it as defensive flask. If you have to high attack speed even without Cinderswallow Urn than you should swap Ice Bite for Awakened Added Cold Damage to get rid of frenzy charges.
Last edited by the1and0nlyHugoN on Feb 27, 2021, 11:10:44 AM
Last bumped on Mar 1, 2021, 6:46:18 AM
on Feb 10, 2021, 3:12:12 PM
I asked this man a few days ago a lot of questions about his build since I saw him on PoE ninja and was interested in it.
He was super helpful and answered all my questions, so I decided to try his build.
I made minor modifications to fit my playstyle more but I can attest that this build works, and is way tankier than the assassin variant!
I definitely recommend this build if you want to play CoC. Great fun
on Feb 10, 2021, 3:25:16 PM
I will try this one
I am looking for a nice build for my HC character this league and i got my eye on CoC Ice nova Inquisitor.
Got a few characters pulled on Poe.ninjas will see how it goes.
Is there any obvious change you'll do to make it HC ?
Since I'm pretty sure I'll miss something and die a couple time -_-
And I'm not used to playing a build with just Poe.ninja stuff as reference.
on Feb 10, 2021, 5:24:05 PM
I never played HC so I don't consider myself as good advisor at that matter.
From SC perspective the only what this build is lacking is chaos resistance but this can be easily solved by changing Circle of Fear ring or belt for something with resistance to make room for chaos resistance on other items. On build passive tree you are close to many life/regen nodes like Quick Recovery, Combat Stamina or whole Scion life node. You can also take Glancing Blows with Sanctuary and craft shield with life/ES on block. At some point I was testing running two small cluster jewels +life with Surging Vitality which allows me to sustain righteous fire all the time but you can use it just as defence mechanism.
I have also mention that Flesh and Stone is extremely important for your survivability and I would prioritize it in aura setup even by sacrifice Vitality gem level before you get enlighten lvl. 3/4 or by taking some mana node like Deep Thoughts.
on Feb 11, 2021, 2:39:55 AM
How do you deal with stun? All i can see in POB is 10% stun avoidance on watcher's eye.
on Feb 13, 2021, 4:02:08 AM
What did you use to level with? Frostbolts self cast or?
on Feb 13, 2021, 7:33:43 AM
Does the Taming apply shock and ignite even if we mainly do cold? How to get full benefits from Taming?
on Feb 13, 2021, 7:57:59 AM
Shock is apply by cluster jewel with Cold-Conduct and Stormrider. Cold-Conduct shock chilled enemies and Stormrider gives you 10% chance to generate power charge when you shock chilled enemy.
Ignite you apply with abyss jewel with fire damage to spells. It's also works with Cinderswallow Urn. You can skip this jewel if you decide to go full righteous fire mode.
on Feb 13, 2021, 8:36:31 AM
on Feb 13, 2021, 8:43:55 AM
I'm not stun immune. I try to roll that implicit you mention on all my jeweles evry time I have opportunity for that which in theory can gave me 90% stun avoidance. Other than that I just have 5.5k life which increase stun threashold and 1.6k-2k regen per second.
I'm also not sure how it's work but I found comment from years ago made by GGG dev that
And because of Corruption Blood we always have at least 1ES so it should gives us 50% to "dodge" a stun.
Actually I didn't level this character because I league start as Hierophant and than I respec to this one around lvl. 90. I think you have to do the same what you do as an assassin and just level as generic spell crit character and at level 70 switch to cospri CoC. At the league start there is also a way to first start with Mjolner which should be significant cheaper than Cospri and you should satisfy it's str and int requirements pretty easily.
on Feb 13, 2021, 9:02:01 AM