[3.14] Cospri's Malice CoC Ice Nova Inquisitor - League Starter.
Welcome to my build guide.
This build works similar as traditional Assassin Cospri's Malice CoC Ice Nova but it's way more tanky and cheaper. With changes to Righteous Providence in 3.13 it's really easy to get 100% Critical Strike Chance as Inquisitor.
TLDR: Slightly less life and life regen. Maybe we could use Petrified Blood and Pain Attunement for more damage.
Patch notes where kind to us.
1. The only real adjustment which has to be made is reduction of lvl. of used Vitality or using Helmet Lab enchantment which reduce reservation of one of your auras.
2. You can change Magnifier for Powerful Assault in Area Damage cluster jewel but Magnifier should still be just fine.
3. Harvest changes don't really affect this build, only chest and Helmet crafting will be significant worst but not a game breaker. Of course the endgame perfect items will not be available anymore but build works perfectly fine without them. I'll updated crafting guide for it.
4. Vaal Righteus Fire nerf don't really affect this build. It has so much regen and leech that 60% life/ES loss is nothing and 19% more spell damage still is relevant.
5. It might be some gearing problems because of lost of Harvest but nothing special because most of gear is unique anyways. You might be just force to use Glorious Vanity instead of Replica Soul Tether to open belt slot for more life/resists and that should be all.
6. Huge buff to Vaal Ice Nova can make this build a great Legion farmer which was something it was lacking before.
7. Overall I think this build is a big winner of Patch Notes and the nerfs to almost all better meta builds people might go with this one which should makes some items more expensive.
Day 1 gear Mjolner Tier 16 Atoll
Day 1 gear Mjolner Shaper
100% Delirium Burial Chambers
Path of Building.
There are 2 item sets in it. One endgame Cospri's Malice and one with core items replacements for early mapping with Mjolner.
You need current version of PoB Community Fork to work.
About this build
1. Explosions from Herald of Ice :D
2. Tanky and safe playstyle.
3. Immune to elemental ailments.
4. Fast clear.
5. Good boss killer.
6. Cheap to start.
7. Can do all content in the game including 100% delirium T16 maps (without headhunter) all bosses and Maven's Invitation: The Feared.
1. To do elemental reflect maps or Uber Atziri you need to switch one ring for Sibyl's Lament and take Soul of Yugul pantheon.
2. For no regen maps you have to switch one flask for Enduring mana flask. (It's easier to avoid this mod).
1. Cospri's Malice
2. Corrupted Soul + Pious Path
3. Righteous Providence
4. Power charge generation.
Corrupted Soul Keystone split non-chaos damage you take to 50% be taken as Life and other 50% as Energy shield. For example if you get hit by 1000 dmg you lose 500 life and 500 energy shield instead of losing 1000 energy shield in regular case. It's worthy mention that because of split damage received you don't benefit if you ES>Life.
Pious Path add your life regen to you ES regen. In our case if we have 800 life regen we will also get 800 ES regen. With Corrupted Soul we always lose equal amount of life and ES when dealing with non-chaos damage and in this case we always utilize our double regeneration rate.
Righteous Providence gives us over 500% increased critical strike chance which allows us to always have 100% Critical Strike Chance.
Here you can find explanation about attack speed and cooldown recovery of CoC and Cospri's Malice: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/e5pyr8/the_cyclone_cast_on_critical_strike_cooldown/
This build generate power charges by using Medium Cluster Jewel with Cold Conduct and Stormrider. One will shock chilled enemies and other will gives you 10% chance to gain power charge when you do it.
There is a lot of ideas in comments about using new gem Petrified Blood so I want to add some of my thoughts about it.
On paper Petrified Blood makes you less tanky to one shots but more tanky to many smaller hits. For example:
1. You have 5001 life and 5000 ES.
2. You take 10k hit.
3. Without Petrified Blood you live with it you die.
1. You have 5001 life and 5000 ES.
2. You take two 5k hit with at least 1 sec between them.
3. Without Petrified Blood you take overall 10k dmg. With it you take overall 9,5k dmg.
In example above it reduced effective HP by 17% (from 10k to 8,3k). If you can survive damage it will give you around 5% reduced damage FROM HITS. This exclude things like ground effects and Shaper's Kamehameha.
All calculations were made for lvl. 20 Petrified Blood and 50% life reserved.
Other benefits of being on low life:
1. Pain Attunement keystone gives you 30% more spell damage.
2. With Prism Guardian it should be easier to use all needed auras.
3. There are at least 2 good items with interesting benefits for low life:
- Lori's Lantern - it gives you +20% elemental res, +20-25% chaos res, +6-8% movement speed and Damage from Enemies Hitting you is Unlucky while you are on Low Life. You can easily replace The Taming with it.
- Starkonja's Head - it give you just a lot good stuff, attack speed, crit chance, life, dex, evasion and big one 50% reduced Damage when on Low Life. You loose a lot of damage if you replace Blizzard Crown with it but what is worth mention it gives you 50-70 dexterity which could allows you to drop Astramentis for some other amulet with gives more damage.
With Starkonja's Head you might use Pandemonius as your amulet and you could switch to damage penetration variant with this changes:
1. Double curse with Frostbite, Elemental Weakness and Frost Bomb exposure in Cospri's Malice.
2. Switch Inevitable Judgement for Augury of Penitence.
3. Pandemonius will blind enemies so you could switch Flesh and Stones for some other aura.
Gear, Flasks and Jewels
1. Cospri's Malice
2. Replica Soul Tether or Glorious Vanity in the name of Doryani
3. Shaper's Touch (+1 to socketed gems to ugrade Enlighten ̶o̶r̶ ̶+̶2̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶A̶o̶E̶ ̶g̶e̶m̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶A̶u̶r̶a̶s̶)
4. Astramentis (anoint Utmost Might or Tranquility when you cap you crit chance without Utmost Might)
1. First ring - Circle of Fear with 2 out of 3 affixes:
- Herald of Ice Has #% reduced mana reservation - this one is very important early when you don't have Enlightment lvl. 4. or even lvl. 3.
- Increased cold damage while affected by Herald of Ice
- Herald of Ice has #% increased buff effect
This item is kinda mandatory in 3.14 because of increased Flesh and Stone mana reservation cost.
2. Second ring - The Taming because we freeze, shock and ignite either way so we got full benefits. Other than that you can use any other ring with resistances and life. The best rare ring will be +Assassin's Mark on Hit with life, resists and -3 mana cost for channelig skills.
3. Helmet - Blizzard Crown - free +cold dmg because with Inevitable Judgement Ascendancy it has no downside. The best will be warlord+shaper with +1 maximum power charge and nearby enemies take 6% increased elemental damage.
4. Body Armour - can be any chest with life, ES and resistance. The best would be explosive chest with Attack have +#% to Critical Strike Chance and resistance. Preferable Vaal Regalia or Sadist Garb. Vaal Regalia is better with Glorious Vanity Timeless jewel and Sadist Garb is better with replica Soul Tether. There is also an extremely useful syndicate craft "Gain 10% of your life as Energy Shield". We still don't know the values of new explo mod and it still might be worth to have, we will see. But you can skip the explo mod entirely and go Hunter influence armor with +#% attack crit and a double life mod which should be easy to craft with fossils. Last but not least Inpulsa might be good source of explo mod. With Cold Conduct from medium cluster jewel enemies will be always shocked so Inpusla will work.
5. Boots - movement speed, life and resists.
6. Shield - Light of Lunaris or any shield with spell damage and resistances.
1. Cinderswallow Urn with Increased Critical Strike Chance or Regenerate 3% of Life per second.
2. Rumi's Concotion or Quartz Flask.
3. Atziri's Promise.
4. Basalt Flask.
5. Quicksilver Flask.
1. Large Cluster Jewel +12% cold damage (8 passives). Ideally you want 3 good skills from the list but any 2 out of 3 will be good enough:
- Prefix: Cold to the Core, Prismatic Heart, Sadist.
- Suffix: Doryani's Lesson, Disorienting Display, Widespread Destruction. (I prefer Doryani's Lesson because of life leech)
This is a tricky part because you only need good 2 out of 3 skills but depends on which one you get they might be located in different order on your jewel. For example I currently use jewel with Cold to the Core, Doryani's Lesson and Snowstorm which is useless for me but it's located on the opposite side of the cluster jewel so I can skip it and still have the good ones Cold to the Core and Doryani's Lesson. You can check how cluster jewel will look with a certain skills in PoB.
2. Medium Cluster Jewel +10% Area Damage (4-5 passives)
- Vast Power
3. Medium Cluster Jewel +10% increased Effect of Non-Damaging Ailments (4-5 passives)
- Cold Conduct
4. Abyss jewel with life and +fire damage to spells if you using Cinderswallow Urn for additional 10% increased damage taken by enemies.
5. Frozen Trail (Ideally with corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you but you can have anti-bleeding flask instead).
6. Watcher's Eye with +#% critical strike chance while affected by Hatred.
7. Thread of Hope with Large radius.
8. One normal jewel with increased life and some critical strike multipliers.
9. Unnatural Instinct - there are few sockets around our passive tree where this jewel gives us a lot of good stuff.
All jewels except Unnatural Instinct are mandatory at some point but you can start without them and start using them when you progress your character. The only jewel you need to use at the beginning is Frozen Trail but it is a quest reward so it should not be a problem to obtain it.
Recommended upgrade order:
Frozen Trail x2 > Medium Cluster Jewel +10% increased Effect of Non-Damaging Ailments > Large Cluster Jewel +12% cold damage (with at least one good passive on the road to sockets) > Watcher's Eye > Thread of Hope (you replace one Frozen Trail with it) > Medium Cluster Jewel +10% Area Damage > Large Cluster Jewel +12% cold damage (with 2 good passives on the road to sockets).
Meanwhile we use normal jewels with increased life/ES and some damage or even to cap our resistance. When you get Cinderswallow Urn then you change one normal jewel with Abyss jewel +life and +fire dmg to spells.
Medium Cluster Jewel +10% increased Effect of Non-Damaging Ailments
1. Buy this type cluster jewel with 4-5 passives and at least ilvl 68.
2. Metalic Fossil or Harvest reforge rare with lightning.
Large Cluster Jewel +12% cold damage
1. Buy this type cluster jewel with 8 passives and at least ilvl 68.
2. Frigid Fossil or Harvest reforge rare with cold until you get Cold to the Core with Prismatic Heart, Sadist or Snowstorm.
3. After that you have to remove suffixes ̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶o̶p̶e̶n̶. You can do that with Harvest reforge keeping all prefixes.
4. If you have 2 open suffixes you can use Harvest augment life twice and you'll be guarantee to get Doryani's Lesson and life regen. With one open suffix you can augment life and then use remove add life until you get Doryani's Lesson.Augment Life should still works because it's not a influence item. R̶e̶m̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶ ̶v̶a̶r̶i̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶m̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶D̶o̶r̶y̶a̶n̶i̶'̶s̶ ̶L̶e̶s̶s̶o̶n̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶r̶a̶r̶e̶.̶
IMPORTANT!!!! It's worth notice that if you roll jewel with Blanketed Snow instead Cold to the Core don't reroll it. It's a very good passive for Assassin's CoC build and if you finish it as this one you should be able to sell it for a big profit.
There are probably many ways to create good armour for this build. I will describe the cheapest one.
1. Buy ilvl 100 6-linked Vaal Regalia/Astral Plate/Sadist Garb with hunter influence.
2. Buy crusader explo chest with only one influence modifier.
3. Use Jagged Fossil or alteration orbs to craft +1-1.5% to Attack Crit mod. ̶Y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶c̶e̶ ̶+̶#̶%̶ ̶a̶t̶t̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶c̶r̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶[̶b̶]̶a̶u̶g̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶a̶t̶t̶a̶c̶k̶[̶/̶b̶]̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶h̶a̶r̶v̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶o̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶h̶u̶n̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶w̶a̶k̶e̶n̶ ̶i̶t̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶r̶e̶c̶o̶m̶m̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶ ̶+̶9̶-̶1̶2̶%̶ ̶i̶n̶c̶r̶e̶a̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶m̶a̶x̶i̶m̶u̶m̶ ̶l̶i̶f̶e̶.̶ ̶I̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶e̶a̶s̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶c̶r̶a̶f̶t̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶[̶b̶]̶P̶r̶i̶s̶t̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶F̶o̶s̶s̶i̶l̶s̶[̶/̶b̶]̶.̶
4. Make sure explo mod and +#% Attack Crit i̶n̶c̶r̶e̶a̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶m̶a̶x̶i̶m̶u̶m̶ ̶l̶i̶f̶e̶ are the only influenced mods on the items.
5. Close your eyes
6. Use Awakener's Orb on the explo chest and use it on 6-linked hunter chest with +#% Attack Crit i̶n̶c̶r̶e̶a̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶l̶i̶f̶e̶.
6̶.̶ ̶D̶e̶p̶e̶n̶d̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶u̶l̶t̶ ̶c̶h̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶m̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶f̶i̶x̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶s̶u̶f̶f̶i̶x̶.̶
7. On an open prefix you craft Gain 10% maximum life as ES which is Syndicate Veiled mod.
8̶.̶ ̶O̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶o̶p̶e̶n̶ ̶s̶u̶f̶f̶i̶x̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶[̶b̶]̶A̶u̶g̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶a̶t̶t̶a̶c̶k̶[̶/̶b̶]̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶h̶a̶r̶v̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶a̶t̶t̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶g̶u̶a̶r̶a̶n̶t̶e̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶[̶b̶]̶A̶t̶t̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶+̶#̶%̶ ̶C̶r̶i̶t̶i̶c̶a̶l̶ ̶S̶t̶r̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶C̶h̶a̶n̶c̶e̶[̶/̶b̶]̶.̶ ̶Y̶o̶u̶ ̶m̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶u̶n̶l̶u̶c̶k̶y̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶r̶o̶l̶l̶ ̶T̶2̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶l̶a̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶[̶b̶]̶r̶e̶m̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶ ̶a̶t̶t̶a̶c̶k̶[̶/̶b̶]̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶h̶a̶r̶v̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶r̶y̶ ̶a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶.̶
Perfect Blizzard Crown should have +1 to maximum Power charges and nearby enemies take 6+% increased elemental damage with life and resistance. If you don't need a lot of resistance on you helmet you can go for Warlord's mods like Crit multi or Life regen. Depends on the awakening you can also be able to roll for Phys dmg from hits taken as fire dmg or shaper's mod cold dmg to spells.
1. You need to buy Blizzard Crown ilvl 85+ with good enchant. Recommended enchants are: Ice Nova Damage, Ice Nova AoE, Aura has reduced reservation cost, movement skill QoL enchants.
2. You need to get Warlord's Exalted Orb, Awakened Orb and shaper helmet ilvl:85+.
3. You use Warlord's Exalted Orb on your Blizzard Crown and roll "+1 to maximum power charges" on it by using Alteration Orbs. Make sure you roll only one warlord mod on it.
4. Roll with alteration orbs or buy shaper's helmet ilvl 85+ with "nearby enemies take 6% increased elemental damage".
5. Once more make sure those are the only influence mods on the items.
6. Close your eyes
7. Use Awakener's Orb on shaper's helmet and than on Blizzard Crown to combine them into double influence Blizzard Crown with both mods.
8. Because we combine prefix and suffix mods the item might be not able to upgrade even this harvest. If you got unlucky and can't roll anything good like life or resists on it I recommend to just sell the helmet and start over. I was able to sell this way 2 not great helmets for 10ex each and do it again.
IMPORTANT!!! You might go for elevated "nearby enemies take 9% increased elemental damage" but because of step (8) I recommend this only to people who have a lot of currency to spend.
Cheap Blizzard Crown is just Warlord's influenced. Warlord have many good mods for this build. Those are +1 maximum power charges, inc ele dmg, crit multi, life regen, accuracy equal to your strength and even physical taken as fire is ok.
1. Buy base Blizzard Crow as in Perfect Crown guide.
2. You can craft it with fossils (pristine + prismatic) or in harvest by spamming life/any element reforge until you get good life roll with some resists and some good Warlord's mods. ̶g̶o̶o̶d̶ ̶(̶r̶e̶m̶o̶v̶a̶b̶l̶e̶)̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶h̶a̶r̶v̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶c̶r̶a̶f̶t̶i̶n̶g̶.̶
N̶o̶w̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶o̶p̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶c̶e̶ ̶g̶o̶o̶d̶ ̶W̶a̶r̶l̶o̶r̶d̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶s̶
3̶.̶ ̶W̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶2̶ ̶o̶p̶e̶n̶ ̶s̶u̶f̶f̶i̶x̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶f̶i̶x̶e̶s̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶c̶r̶a̶f̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶c̶r̶a̶f̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶b̶e̶n̶c̶h̶ ̶f̶l̶a̶t̶ ̶l̶i̶f̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶g̶e̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶a̶u̶g̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶l̶i̶f̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶c̶e̶ ̶#̶%̶ ̶l̶i̶f̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶g̶e̶n̶.̶
4̶.̶ ̶I̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶o̶p̶e̶n̶ ̶s̶u̶f̶f̶i̶x̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶c̶e̶ ̶+̶c̶r̶i̶t̶ ̶m̶u̶l̶t̶i̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶a̶u̶g̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶c̶r̶i̶t̶i̶c̶a̶l̶.̶
5̶.̶ ̶W̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶o̶p̶e̶n̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶f̶i̶x̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶3̶ ̶s̶u̶f̶f̶i̶x̶e̶s̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶u̶g̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶c̶e̶ ̶p̶h̶y̶s̶ ̶d̶a̶m̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶t̶a̶k̶e̶n̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶e̶.̶
Crafting guides on youtube
2. Awakened Cast on Critical Strike
3. Ice Nova
5. Awakened Added Cold Damage (Increased Critical Strikes before Watcher's Eye)
2. Ice Nova
3. Ice Bite (Power Charge on Critical Strike before you get cluster jewel with Cold Conduct + Stormrider)
You can change Ice Bite for added cold damage support or any other support which gives you more damage.
Shaper's Touch with ̶+̶2̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶o̶c̶k̶e̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶A̶o̶E̶ ̶g̶e̶m̶s̶ ̶o̶r̶ +1 to all socketed gems:
2. Herald of Ice
4. Flesh and Stone
3. Arcane Surge (around lvl. 6)
4. Culling Strike or Unbounded Ailments.
1. Enligthen lvl.4
2. Precision (just to cap you accuracy, it should be around lvl. 11)
1. Immortal Call(20)
2. Cast When Damage Taken(20)
1-links: Flame Dash, Vaal Righteus Fire.
Notice if you will have in 3-link Cast When Damage Taken and Vaal Righteous Fire both at lvl. 20 then your CWDT will activate your regular Righteous Fire skill when you get hit. You need to unlink that item or use Vaal Righteous Fire with at least one level higher than CWDT (for example VRF lvl. 21 and CWDT lvl. 20). Also look out to not support precision with anything to not higher it reserved mana cost.
Recommended upgrade order:
Enlighten lvl. 3 > Awakened Added Cold Damage Support > Enlighten lvl. 4 > Awakened Cast on Critical Strike > Anomalous Ice Nova > Divirgent/Phantasmal Cyclone > Other alternative quality gems
TLDR: It will be a transition build. You will be leveling as self-cast Inquisitor and later you switch to CoC setup, either Mjolner into Cospri or straight to Cospri.
Another general tip might be to go for Instruments of Virtue as 3rd or even 1st Acendancy to boost your damage early on. You can even take Augury of Penitence as your 4rd Ascendancy for that reason. You can always respec to Sanctuary and Pious Path later. It depends how would you feel about your damage/survivability ratio. Pious Path is a big deal after you get Corrupted Soul keystone.
League start possibilities:
1. Ice Nova self cast with respec to Cospri CoC Ice Nova in maps.
2. Arc self cast with respec to Mjolner CoC Ball Lightning in maps and later to Cospri CoC Ice Nova.
3. Storm/Arcanist Brand with respec to Cospri (or Mjolner into Cospri) CoC in maps.
Frostbolt & Ice Nova combo
You level as a self cast Frostbolt & Ice Nova. You will cast multiple Frostbolts with Ice Nova which were cast on those Frostbolts instead of you. It's usually a Hierophant build with Pledge of Hands. You don't need to go as far but it should works throughout campaign and early mapping easily. Core of the passive skill tree will be the same as in leveling section in PoB. You only have to take few really good staff nodes which all are directly around the main path. Later it can be easily respec with like 15 respec points when you decide to go CoC with it.
1. Ice Nova + Spell Echo + Intensify + Controlled Destruction + Hypothermia + Inc AoE/Conc Effect
2. Arcanist Brand + Assassin's Mark + Sigil of Power + Frost Shield + Cold Snap + Bonechill
Frostbolt + Arcane Surge lvl. 9 + Faster Casting + Greater Multiple Projectiles
Aura and defensives are the same as in main build with exception to Vitality which will be skipped until we get Shaper's Touch and Corrupted Soul.
You will be leveling as Arc self cast, you can mostly follow Enki's Arc Witch guide but with Inquisitor leveling tree from this build PoB. The only real change is to skip Elemental Overload and to go for Constitution from the left-strength side. Anything else is in Enki's build guide.
You can level with Strom Brand and switch into CoC build in maps. There is a guide for that.
The main concept of the build will remain the same but Mjolner should be significant cheaper than Cospri's Malice in the first week of a new league. You can switch later to Cospri as soon as you can afford it.
As Mjolner variant you will be replacing some skills:
1. In Mjolner: Arc -> Added Lightning Damage -> Control Destruction.
2. CoC setup: Cyclone -> CoC -> Ball Lightning -> Increased Critical Strike -> Slower Projectile -> Elemental Focus/Inspiration
3. Auras: Zealotry for Hatred, Herald of Thunder for Herald of Ice (or you can keep Herald of Ice it's still good).
4. Skip Vitality until you get some reduced mana reservation.
5. Vortex setup can be replaced with something like Arcanist Brand -> Assassin's Mark -> Culling Strike.
1. Mjolner instead Cospri's Malice of course.
2. Circle of Regret for Circle of Fear if you decide for switching to Herald of Thunder.
3. You can change Astramentis for any rare amulet with life/resist and stats but Astramentis should be quite cheap even on a day one at it still be really good. It can be replaced later because with Mjolner you don't need as much stats as with Cospri which have additional Dex requirement.
Core items upgrade order
2. Mjolner or Cospri's Malice
3. Oskarm - cheap replacement for Shaper's Touch in first few days of a league.
4. Shaper's Touch
5. Corrupted Soul - no matter with Replica Soul Tether or Glorous Vanity.
6. Cospri's Malice - if you go with Mjolner first.
1. Core items and Flasks (Life flask in place of Cinderswallow Urn)
2. At least one Ice Nova lvl. 21. (I don't know why but Vaal Ice Nova is cheaper than corrupted Ice Nova)
3. Circle of Fear with Herald of Ice has #% reduced mana reservation and one of "Increased Cold damage" or "Herald of Ice increased buff effect".
4. Other cheap items and jewels life + one multiplier mod whenever you need them.
5. Enlighten level 3.
6. Watcher's Eye with +#% Critical Strike Chance while affected by Hatred.
7. Awakened Added Cold Damage, Thread of Hope, basic cluster jewels and Cinderswallow Urn. In no particular order, they all should be at the similar prices so buy whatever you want.
8. Explo chest with "Attacks have +#% to Critical Strike Chance".
9. More expensive Large Cluster Jewel (3 good passives or 2 on the right spots) and Enlighten level 4 and better normal jewels.
10. Awakened Cast On Critical.
11. Alternative quality gems.
IMPORTANT!!! DO NOT start this build with buying Awakened Cast On Crit. It's a waste of money at the beginning. If you already bought it but you still don't have other important items/jewels/gems than sell it and buy them. It's extremely important in the case of Watcher's Eye. You want it as soon as you can afford it.
I've added leveling tree to PoB up to level 51. It's a basic tree which I would use to level most of my Templar characters. Depends what spell you would like to use you can take different Walker skill or add brand passives if you would use brand skill. Everything what you like should be close to this tree and you shouldn't have any troubles to expend it in any direction you what. You also would have easy transition to final CoC build with Cospri's Malice.
1. Righteous Providence
2. Inevitable Judgement
4. Pious Path
1. Righteous Providence
3. Pious Path
4. Inevitable Judgement
Depending on how good you would feel with your damage.
Pantheons and Bandits.
You can go with Alira but I choose to kill'em all.
You can use any of Major Pantheon.
Brine King if you feel you have problems with stuns.
Lunaris for mapping.
Solaris for bosses.
Arakaali for more Life/ES regen.
Gruthukul for mapping.
Ryslatha or Garukhan for bosses.
Shakari if you expect chaos damage.
Yugul for Uber Atziri and Maven's Invitation: The Feared.
Q: How much currency I need to start this build?
A: I started playing this build in red maps with all core items plus Circle of Fear and 6-link chest. My all others items where just generic life/res rares. It cost me 6ex in 1-2 week of the league which 4.5ex was just for replica Soul Tether. Later in the league initial cost should be like 1-2ex. At this point you should be able to do all red maps and some endgame bosses like Shaper/Elder/Sirius(on lower Awakening levels). It might feel squishy but it is possible. From this point you can make many small investments accordingly to Upgrade Order section.
Q: Can I use this build for Mjolner instead Cospri's Malice?
A: Yes, you can. There is a section of Mjolner variant in leveling->league start. It was design as a transition to Cospri's Malice but you can stick with it to the end game. The only change in endgame setup is you will have to change 4 Ice passives (Hearth of Ice, Breath of Rime, Snowforge, Cold to the Core) for lightning passives (Hearth of Lightning, Lightning Walker etc...). Also you have to replace Watcher's Eye Hatred mod with something else but it shouldn't be a problem. Also as a Mjolner build you can go for Mjolner corruption "chance to get Fortify on melee hit" which gives you permanent Fortify.
Q: Is this build HC viable?
A: I never played HC so I'm not familiar with it but this build is pretty tanky and it looks like it could be all right. My concerns are only about gearing this character. I'm not familiar with HC economy and how easy is to buy items there and this build require a lot of specific unique items to work at his full potential. Don't having corrupted soul, watcher's eye or awakened gems may reduced you damage and survivability significantly.
Q: How do I get 100% Critical Strike Chance?
A: Look at Upgrade order. There is a reason why I places Watcher's Eye and explo chest with +#% Attack crit so high on it. Before you buy Watcher's Eye you might use Increased Critical Strike Support Gem in you CoC setup. Also +1 to maximum Power Charges passives are extremely important, don't skip them.
Q: I have problems with mana.
A: Check if your Enlighten is at least level 3 or if your Dash/Flame Dash is linked to second wind, it shouldn't. Also reduced mana reservation passives in Sovereignty node are very important and should not be skipped for lone skills like Amplify or left-most jewel socket. You can use Shaper's Touch with +1 to socketed gems instead of +2 to AoE which gives you Enlighten +1 level and will lower the auras mana reservation cost.
Q: I spend a lot of currency into this build and it doesn't work.
A: You probably didn't follow the Upgrade order I wrote for this build. Most common mistake is to start this build with Awakened CoC and BiS Large Cluster Jewel and skip Watcher's Eye and explo chest. If you can't afford whole build than the Upgrade order matters.
Q: Is abyss jewel with +fire dmg to spell important?
A: It's important if you want to use Cinderswallow Urn or The Taming because it gives you buff to damage. Other than that you can change it to regular life+multi.
Q: I'm dying a lot and don't know why.
A: How much Life/ES do you have? It's easy to have 10k+ effHP with this build. If you have around 4k life + 2k ES you probably did something wrong. You should use as you body armour Vaal Regalia with +life and craft mod "Gain 10% of your life as Energy Shield". It's worth mention that using replica Soul Tether gives you 6% life as ES and also saves you at least 2 skill points which can be invested in something else.
Q: How this build compare to Assassin's variant?
A: Templar variant is way more tanky than Assassin. You can easily reach 10k+ effHP and 1.5k+ life/ES regen. You get ailments immune for free thanks to Pious Path. You will deal less damage than assassin but you can still reach damage to kill endgame bosses in few seconds fairly cheap (on 30ex budget).
Q: How do I get Consecration Ground all the time?
A: Templar Ascendancy Skills Sanctuary and Pious Path create Consecration Ground every time you are stationary and than attached it to you for 4 seconds when you are moving. To have 100% upkeep on Consecration Ground you only need to use your movement skill every 4 second. It's not rare at all to even refresh Consecration Ground with Cyclone when you change direction.
Q: How I can deal with stuns or get stun immunity?
A: The best will be to craft implicit "10% chance to avoid being stunned" on all jewels. It will gives you 90% stun immunity. Second layer of stun resistance is to have big life pool which reduces chances to get stunned.
Q: My boss damage is low, am I doing something wrong?
A: Make one thing clear. This build can kill bosses/guardians in few second but not in 1-2 seconds. If you feel your single target damage is not good enough you need to check few things: attack crit chance, hit chance, attack speed and Cospri's/CoC breakpoints. Cinderswallow Urn might lower your dps because it gives you Onslaught buff which increase your attack speed. You might want to change it for boss fight for Bottled Faith or something else or just use it as defensive flask. If you have to high attack speed even without Cinderswallow Urn than you should swap Ice Bite for Awakened Added Cold Damage to get rid of frenzy charges.
Last edited by the1and0nlyHugoN on Apr 27, 2021, 4:24:00 PM
Last bumped on May 10, 2021, 11:45:43 AM
on Feb 10, 2021, 3:12:12 PM
I asked this man a few days ago a lot of questions about his build since I saw him on PoE ninja and was interested in it.
He was super helpful and answered all my questions, so I decided to try his build.
I made minor modifications to fit my playstyle more but I can attest that this build works, and is way tankier than the assassin variant!
I definitely recommend this build if you want to play CoC. Great fun
on Feb 10, 2021, 3:25:16 PM
I will try this one
I am looking for a nice build for my HC character this league and i got my eye on CoC Ice nova Inquisitor.
Got a few characters pulled on Poe.ninjas will see how it goes.
Is there any obvious change you'll do to make it HC ?
Since I'm pretty sure I'll miss something and die a couple time -_-
And I'm not used to playing a build with just Poe.ninja stuff as reference.
on Feb 10, 2021, 5:24:05 PM
I never played HC so I don't consider myself as good advisor at that matter.
From SC perspective the only what this build is lacking is chaos resistance but this can be easily solved by changing Circle of Fear ring or belt for something with resistance to make room for chaos resistance on other items. On build passive tree you are close to many life/regen nodes like Quick Recovery, Combat Stamina or whole Scion life node. You can also take Glancing Blows with Sanctuary and craft shield with life/ES on block. At some point I was testing running two small cluster jewels +life with Surging Vitality which allows me to sustain righteous fire all the time but you can use it just as defence mechanism.
I have also mention that Flesh and Stone is extremely important for your survivability and I would prioritize it in aura setup even by sacrifice Vitality gem level before you get enlighten lvl. 3/4 or by taking some mana node like Deep Thoughts.
on Feb 11, 2021, 2:39:55 AM
How do you deal with stun? All i can see in POB is 10% stun avoidance on watcher's eye.
on Feb 13, 2021, 4:02:08 AM
What did you use to level with? Frostbolts self cast or?
on Feb 13, 2021, 7:33:43 AM
Does the Taming apply shock and ignite even if we mainly do cold? How to get full benefits from Taming?
on Feb 13, 2021, 7:57:59 AM
Shock is apply by cluster jewel with Cold-Conduct and Stormrider. Cold-Conduct shock chilled enemies and Stormrider gives you 10% chance to generate power charge when you shock chilled enemy.
Ignite you apply with abyss jewel with fire damage to spells. It's also works with Cinderswallow Urn. You can skip this jewel if you decide to go full righteous fire mode.
on Feb 13, 2021, 8:36:31 AM
on Feb 13, 2021, 8:43:55 AM
I'm not stun immune. I try to roll that implicit you mention on all my jeweles evry time I have opportunity for that which in theory can gave me 90% stun avoidance. Other than that I just have 5.5k life which increase stun threashold and 1.6k-2k regen per second.
I'm also not sure how it's work but I found comment from years ago made by GGG dev that
And because of Corruption Blood we always have at least 1ES so it should gives us 50% to "dodge" a stun.
Actually I didn't level this character because I league start as Hierophant and than I respec to this one around lvl. 90. I think you have to do the same what you do as an assassin and just level as generic spell crit character and at level 70 switch to cospri CoC. At the league start there is also a way to first start with Mjolner which should be significant cheaper than Cospri and you should satisfy it's str and int requirements pretty easily.
on Feb 13, 2021, 9:02:01 AM