Burning Arrow Chain Reactions // 30m DOT DPS // Faceroll all content

"
frost21 wrote:
"
burtoncliff wrote:
"
In generel i do have ~4,5k life... and still getting one-shotted a lot. I switched to Greater Multi, Ball, CWDT. I don't know - if I would have to rethink this build as a leaguestartet--> I wouldn't recommend it. 9ex BOW, 12Ex Clusters and they arent good, Helmet 1Ex, Chest 1 Ex, Quiver 2Ex...

Same here. My gear is not ideal yet but I feel like I'm too squishy.
When I'm getting hit by a lot of mobs that deal low damage is fine, like I can do ultimatums no problem.

But I'm getting one shot A LOT. Ofc I try to avoid mechanics on bosses but even mapping I just die, can't even see what hit me.

Maybe chaos res too low?

I 100% agree, the build is too squishy endgame. That might be a problem with a ton of builds this league though with how much stuff has been nerfed/ how strong ultimatum feels?

I'm sure some variants of this build are tankier, but also cost a lot more to get to that level without sacrificing too much damage.

My issue is sitting at 4.2k hp, I'm just too prone to one shots. I'm sure if I cleaned up my gear I could get closer to 4.5-5k hp possibly but that'd prob cost quite a bit and likely still not fix my issues of random one shots in t15-t16 ultimatums.

I think it's realistic to say you can easily sink 10-20ex+ into this build and still struggle defensively endgame. It was still quite a fun build (I played the variant that grabs the unwavering stance node).

How can you expect to not get one-shot running around with 4.2K HP? Doing T16 maps, guardians, delirium, and now ultimatum? Don't compare yourself against top builds on poe.ninja who are going total glass cannon to farm bosses and don't care about losing XP. If you do care about grinding more levels and not dying, then you need to build defensively and that's been described in great detail by many people in this thread.

As for people complaining about costs, consider playing something else to farm currency. Nobody said this was a cheap build. There many other Elementalist builds with similar clear speed and much lower gear costs.

Nobody promised that this would be a cheap, league-starting, kill everything, one-stop solution to the game. If you thought it was, let me disabuse you of that notion now with a 3.14 pros/cons:

Pros:
- Top-tier clear speed
- Top-tier boss damage
- Can do all map mods including 70% avoid ailments if you run GMP and esp with Dying Sun
- Good defenses for a bow character with right gear

Cons:
- Expensive this league
- Poor league starter
- Not optimal for Ultimatums b/c unlike Rituals, you need to dodge damaging shit you can't just burn down like environmental effects, raging skulls, unkillable monster chasing you, etc.

Take it or leave it... there are good reasons to go either way, but there's no need to jump on this thread and complain about not getting the product you paid all that money for... it was a free build guide.
"
rAx wrote:
Does anyone know how to get multiple golems to work in PoB? Whenever I swap in the 3 golem jewels + Primordial Chain, my BA dot damage actually goes down (the jewels are replacing fire dot multi jewels).

Surely these items are supposed to make damage go up? I'm not sure PoB is accounting for having 8-9 golems up at once.

Bump. Halp.
I'm only up to white maps atm, but ive had no issues with using this as a league starter. Been upgrading pieces as I go and its been quite fun and quite impressive damage wise.

I did listen to a few other suggestions and used CWDT+BL+GMP which does help quite a bit and i'm doing all the ultimatums easily now.

I'm sure i'll hit some more major bumps along the way as I need to upgrade my gear, but i'm getting currency at a good rate and more importantly having fun.
"
Esspay wrote:
If youre struggling in ultimatiums use something like this,, its a life saver.

i can facetank minotaur with 5k life using it.

easy to make too dont spend much on it.

do you have stun immunity, or its not necessary?
"
Having trouble sustaining mana any tips on how anyone else is doing it?

use endurance eteral mana flask until you have decent dps
"

How can you expect to not get one-shot running around with 4.2K HP? Doing T16 maps, guardians, delirium, and now ultimatum? Don't compare yourself against top builds on poe.ninja who are going total glass cannon to farm bosses and don't care about losing XP. If you do care about grinding more levels and not dying, then you need to build defensively and that's been described in great detail by many people in this thread.

As for people complaining about costs, consider playing something else to farm currency. Nobody said this was a cheap build. There many other Elementalist builds with similar clear speed and much lower gear costs.

Nobody promised that this would be a cheap, league-starting, kill everything, one-stop solution to the game. If you thought it was, let me disabuse you of that notion now with a 3.14 pros/cons:

Pros:
- Top-tier clear speed
- Top-tier boss damage
- Can do all map mods including 70% avoid ailments if you run GMP and esp with Dying Sun

Cons:
- Expensive this league
- Poor league starter
- Not optimal for Ultimatums b/c unlike Rituals, you need to dodge damaging shit you can't just burn down like environmental effects, raging skulls, unkillable monster chasing you, etc.

Take it or leave it... there are good reasons to go either way, but there's no need to jump on this thread and complain about not getting the product you paid all that money for... it was a free build guide.

Nowhere did I say I didn't expect to not get one-shot at 4.2k hp, I was saying that was my issue. Not sure how I can really increase my hp to 5k without losing a lot of damage or spending a ton more since I'd have to replace my rare slots and lots of those slots are expensive.

I'm not complaining, not sure why you got so defensive as if people are trashing the builds. I'm just giving my opinion of the build and what I'm struggling with, I even mention the other variants of it being tankier if you don't mind swapping stuff around/spending more.

As well as I mentioned that I found the build fun, so just chill on thinking everyones attacking the build. (I thought you were OP with how upset you seemed lol).

Also the rest of your post, giving info on the pros and cons of the build is very useful for most players thinking of starting the build or not.

I may try to make the build tankier for my liking if I don't find something else I'm interested in playing this league.
How important are the flasks for damage? I've heard a lot of people talk about survivability issues so I'm thinking of going defensive flasks instead, but I don't know how much damage I'd be losing.

Side question, where do we get bleed immunity / removal, if any?
"
frost21 wrote:
"

Pros:
- Top-tier clear speed
- Top-tier boss damage

Cons:
- Expensive this league
- Poor league starter

Nowhere did I say I didn't expect to not get one-shot at 4.2k hp, I was saying that was my issue. Not sure how I can really increase my hp to 5k without losing a lot of damage or spending a ton more since I'd have to replace my rare slots and lots of those slots are expensive.

I'm not complaining, not sure why you got so defensive as if people are trashing the builds. I'm just giving my opinion of the build and what I'm struggling with, I even mention the other variants of it being tankier if you don't mind swapping stuff around/spending more.

As well as I mentioned that I found the build fun, so just chill on thinking everyones attacking the build. (I thought you were OP with how upset you seemed lol).

Also the rest of your post, giving info on the pros and cons of the build is very useful for most players thinking of starting the build or not.

I may try to make the build tankier for my liking if I don't find something else I'm interested in playing this league.

Sorry, I meant to direct those comments at multiple people and not you in particular. There are many people on this thread saying gear's too expensive, they're too squishy, it's not a good starter, can't do Ultimatum waves, etc. and the sentiment is directed at them.

About your issue, yeah the bottom line is that's too little HP not to be one-shot, for just about any build, and there's nothing to do really but get more HP sacrifice DPS and just grind till you have a few of the defensive components like phys taken as ele damage, auto endurance charge generation, and stuff like the blind nearby enemies armor. For your situation the quickest cheapest defensive upgrade is probably to craft or buy a small cluster jewel with Enduring Composure, give up some damage nodes to slot it in, and run CWDT/immortal cry.

EDIT -- I should add, many "one-shots" are really "two-shots" where you get stunned and have like 5-10% health after the first shot then the second shot kills you an instant later. If you were not stunned you could've avoided the second shot, thus I would advise reviewing the conversation on this thread about investing in Unwavering Stance or running 50% stun avoidance Cinderswallow + harvest crafting multiple 10% stun avoidance implicits on your jewels.
Last edited by TakenNotGranted on Apr 27, 2021, 3:51:53 PM
Do we get 100% stun avoidance on this build? I can only find the 50% from the cinderswallow, maybe I'm missing something? Or is stun avoidance just not that important for this build?

Also is there any consideration for divergent BA? Losing 10% fire dot multi doesn't seem like much to me and it would free up an influence mod on the boots for say tailwind or elusive.
"
Do we get 100% stun avoidance on this build? I can only find the 50% from the cinderswallow, maybe I'm missing something? Or is stun avoidance just not that important for this build?

Also is there any consideration for divergent BA? Losing 10% fire dot multi doesn't seem like much to me and it would free up an influence mod on the boots for say tailwind or elusive.

I went for the 80% stun avoidance boot enchant alongside Cinderswallow stun avoidance roll until I manage to harvest enchant my jewels with some stun avoidance. At that point I'll probably roll the boot enchant to something more beneficial like dodge or regen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info