Burning Arrow Chain Reactions // 30m DOT DPS // Faceroll all content

I see so LEthal pride Kaom can give that fire damage etc same as the other one gives +minion damage etc. gotcha.

Brand okay, will know thanks.

oh yes thats the point was thinking if without clusters its possible to easily farm white/yellow maps, so its okay. great.

and yeeees now I get about the damage, amazing node to be fair.

I made few trees for myself for leveling, can you by any chance check it, just a quick look as I just unspec it step by step - https://pastebin.com/XrCv7wdF

Regarding weapon on leveling as far as I remember, you suggest to switch to burning after first lab, so any bow works that has high phys damage with ele or whatever, just tons of flat damage, nothing else? I mean do I look for something specific if I get lucky by any chance, something fancy.

Also as u mentioned dex + accuracy, dex is mostly easy, unspec one hp nod grab second +30 and 20ish~ more on jewels, what about accuracy its 78% now, what should I look for (90? 100?).
"
I am curious about one thing in the PoB though: Spellslinger - Flame Wall - Searing Bond - Burning Damage

"
Would you mind recording a video of your character at the point you made the transition? I see you character is level 71, would be nice to see what level of clear and boss dps we can get with just the bow and boots.
And how good is the slinger on sh*t gear onto red maps?

Searing Bond was for bossing. It should plant a totem and generate a fire line between the totem and us. The idea is that if we run away from harder bosses, they'll follow us down the entire length of the line. Flame Surge is much easier to use for most other enemies.

There was no such transition; I played it up to Uber Lab/Act 10. The character in my profile (Fierel) cleared noticeably slower than 2 Obliterations, no Abberaths, (see offhand) and SS. For rare packs in Blood Aqueducts, I had to spam not just BA but also WoC multiple times vs just Frenzy once for SS. I then imported it to PoB and gave BA a 5L, then a 6L (no clusters). It was still less DPS unless I committed full piano. Then it reversed; full piano BA was roughly twice the damage of spellslinger when I checked "enemy is Shaper" or "enemy is Sirus".
Finally there was budget consideration: https://pastebin.com/MnxR2fyc. Unequip items except the Obliterations (4c total) and check "enemy level: 83" and "Standard Boss" => 313k DPS (272k Searing Bond => Flame Surge). Reduce all gem levels to 17 => 215k DPS (196k Flame Surge). In practice, it's actually better because of explodey, and you can't buy Abberath's or Berek's at such a low budget.

Edit: Looks like Asmodeus was right...they did forget to nerf Scorching Ray. Probably means nothing, since it'd need Spell Totem for QoL and doesn't hit for Hextouch (this build is socket starved).
--nologo -ns
Last edited by Foeglas on Apr 14, 2021, 4:51:02 PM
one question, do you lose experience with this clear? on the video sometimes it seems mob died very far away, i remember playing once with a friend and the exp gain ratios seems really small, just wondering.
Pretty sure I am playing this build. Should I start with the flameslinger first and transition at red maps? Or will this be strong enough/fast enough?
???
I saw this comment in youtube from someone who use the build in 3.13:

"I dont recommend burning arrow elementalist as league starter. At the end I did invest around 20ex on my build and it still does struggle on bosses and defense in high end content. Getting res cap is pretty hard with that build and getting your blizzard crown will be much more difficult with ritual being more rare now. Really recommend starting as e.g. fireball or firewall elementalist and respeccing once you have a bunch of exalts... burning arrow is quite expensive"

Is he honest on the advice?. Is this build a not good starter?. Are we going to suffer starting with this build without items and a lot of money?
Last edited by yissus on Apr 14, 2021, 7:09:10 PM
Dude literally builds an ultra budget version PoB to share, posts the dmg you can expect, and you can easily review defensive capabilities. Would definitely suggest you take rando YouTube comments with a grain of salt.

I literally built this in 20 minutes on standard with a 5L bow and tabula, no jewels, literally 0 flasks, no other unique like ring or belt, and none of the support skills. Had the auras, 4 golems. Cleared yellow maps fine. Didn't try more, cuz that was good enough for me.
Last edited by DasWiggles on Apr 14, 2021, 7:56:00 PM
"
DasWiggles wrote:
Dude literally builds an ultra budget version PoB to share, posts the dmg you can expect, and you can easily review defensive capabilities. Would definitely suggest you take rando YouTube comments with a grain of salt.

I literally built this in 20 minutes on standard with a 5L bow and tabula, no jewels, literally 0 flasks, no other unique like ring or belt, and none of the support skills. Had the auras, 4 golems. Cleared yellow maps fine. Didn't try more, cuz that was good enough for me.

good to hear coz that comment also made me worry. But if so then great. Maybe you also could suggest a leveling way? I thought to go with arma brand or do I just switch to burn arrow as soon as I got first lab?
Leveling and playing with arma brand until you get at least the xoph bow would be my recommendation.

The more experience you have with the build, the more you know which corners to cut, what really is necessary etc, which makes it easier to switch early. But since it's your first time with it, I think continuing with arma brand is safer.
Track your map runs: http://pathofmaps.com (retired)

Retired item indexer: https://github.com/niuage/poexplorer
hey guys, nice build !

Regarding quiver craft changes, is it still possible to craft generic dot and fire dot on it ? after 3.14 patch i mean

HAve a nice day !

EDIT
Quivers can no longer roll the "Global Critical Strike Chance", "Global Critical Strike Multiplier" or "Global Damage over Time Multiplier" modifiers. Instead, they can now roll "Critical Strike Chance with Bows", "Critical Strike Multiplier with Bows" and "Damage over Time Multiplier with Attacks" modifiers. Existing items cannot obtain the newer modifiers through Divine Orbs.
Hunter-influenced Quivers can no longer roll the Global Physical, Fire or Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier modifiers. Instead, they can now roll Physical, Fire or Chaos Damage over Time with Attack Skills modifiers. Existing items will be updated to the newer versions.

Still works the same for burning arrow !
Last edited by doppelski on Apr 15, 2021, 5:09:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info