[Update in Progress] Luna's Guide to Blazing Salvo Miner |All Content Viable| Cheap Boss Melting

"
Bogdanovici1 wrote:
So we good? did a quick test and loved it so far

It's fun, and as someone who has played most mine skills even before chainbreaker (legion) or divergent/WoC, mine skills are in a great place and whatever you socket works.
[reserved4leaguestart]
░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄░░░░░
░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌░░░░
░░░▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█░░░░
░░▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌░░░
░▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄░░ We Miss U Le Toucan
Hello,

I’m trying to find a starter build and really having a hard time deciding. I’m a seasoned player but did take last league off.
I was really thinking about starting as a miner. Is it still viable to clear maps fairly quickly and melt bosses to farm currency?

I was thinking glacial cascade but I see a lot of blazing salvo builds. Something I’m not familiar with at all. Is blazing salvo just better than glacial cascade?

Are miners going to be decent in 3.14?

Thank you
Nice Build Luna!

Unfortunately snakepit does only fork one Blazing Salvo projectile, not all.

Blazing Salvo Level 1 has 4 Projectiles:

With Fork support, it has 6:

I assume that only the ground effect can hit the same enemy multiple times.

Why 6:
Of the four initial projectiles, one projectile will hit the enemy and continue flying. The hit will fork two additional.

My Test Results:
I could kill an enemy without for support. In 60sec, with fork support (10less DMG) in 50.
"
WamboOS wrote:
Nice Build Luna!

Unfortunately snakepit does only fork one Blazing Salvo projectile, not all.

Blazing Salvo Level 1 has 4 Projectiles:

With Fork support, it has 6:

I assume that only the ground effect can hit the same enemy multiple times.

Why 6:
Of the four initial projectiles, one projectile will hit the enemy and continue flying. The hit will fork two additional.

My Test Results:
I could kill an enemy without for support. In 60sec, with fork support (10less DMG) in 50.

So, after doing some testing on my own, I think there are two potential explanations for this. The first is that with the low projectile count and the wide angle of the initial cast of the blazing salvo, only one projectile in your examples were actually hitting the enemy. The other is that the skill can only fork once on each enemy (which should be consistent with how fork works on other skills, since they can only actually hit an enemy once with a projectile, it's possible that blazing salvo can't hit a target multiple times with the PROJECTILES, but can with the subsequent AoE). Example, if another projectile were to hit a different enemy, that one would fork since the skill had not forked from that enemy yet. Assuming either of those scenarios are true, I think Snakepit/fork is still incredibly good for the build because of how much more consistent it makes clear and the fact that it still functions as +2(or of the first case is true, many more) projectiles for bosses.

Thank you a lot for the science and feedback though, it's greatly appreciated.
"
Assuming either of those scenarios are true, I think Snakepit/fork is still incredibly good for the build because of how much more consistent it makes clear and the fact that it still functions as +2(or of the first case is true, many more) projectiles for bosses.

Y, it is still very strong.

Without fork BS has 7 Projectiles, with Snakepit it has 9
=> Snakepit is 28.57 more Damage with just one fork
=> With the inc Spell Dmg of the ring, its around 35% More Damage.

=> With active Dying Sun it should be around 29% More Damage
Still Best in Slot ;)

Y, very great against Big Packs!

BTW, Im playing this build this league ;)
Last edited by WamboOS on Apr 17, 2021, 2:00:40 PM
Is concentrated effect any good for bosses, or does it reduce shotgun?
"
Firo wrote:
Is concentrated effect any good for bosses, or does it reduce shotgun?

Because of the random nature of the skill, I'm not entirely sure if it would lower the shotgunning, but it definitely would make it less consistent. I wouldn't recommend swapping links for bosses and, honestly, you don't need to, the build is already an insane boss killer.
Hello, can you take a look at my gears please? I am struggling in red maps :(
Hello. Ty for guide. I wanna use tremor rod for now, and it has 4 links. Which gem should i go for ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info