Beta

"
Wittgenstein wrote:
I hope you're just looking for people who will invest ungodly ammounts of time into the game at the detriment to both family/work. If so, I'm your man.

Haha as am I!
Same here ! Wanna help to improve this game !
Will the remaining characters be announced before the beta begins?
KnockKnock lvl67 marauder
"
Sotee wrote:
Will the remaining characters be announced before the beta begins?

Here is the answer from chris (one of the developers) to that topic which he gave us in another thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/443 (page 3)

"
Chris wrote:

We're currently not letting the status of the character classes affect when we enter beta. At the moment, they can all be played (for gameplay/balance testing), with the art borrowed from another class.

We could have rushed an announcement of the fourth character class by now, but we'd rather improve the highest priority areas of gameplay based on tester feedback. That helps get the beta ready sooner.

We actually had the Witch ready at the end of November. We announced her in mid December (had to make the video and such). We only added her to the alpha two weeks ago because we wanted to do a major rebalance when adding her.

The other classes will be announced in good time. They're not a great metric for scoring our progress towards beta though. It's better to try and pick up clues from the alpha testers to see what's not finalised yet - vendors, for example.

Let's not try to obsess over a specific date that the closed beta begins. At the moment we're adding people very slowly to the alpha test. This rate may speed up. The initial beta test is just a continuation of this - we'd add some fraction of the community each wave. We don't need to assign strict deadlines and dates to a process that has already started.
"
Chris wrote:
Active community members will definitely have extra chances of getting into the early rounds of beta invites. We love you guys :)

I am posting in this thread to show Im active. :-P

Im cleaning the toilet, while simultaneously vacuuming and playing another MMO. Soooo active.
Hello!

Will it be possible to invite ppl into the beta? I already participated on diverse closed betas and in 2 of them it was possible (Quake Live, Starcraft 2). Would be nice to get some friends to join beta, testing community features and team related stuff would be easier (while being connected through a voice tool like teamspeak).
DMT:

Load universe into a gun.
Aim at brain.
Fire.
"
Hartbrot wrote:
Hello!

Will it be possible to invite ppl into the beta? I already participated on diverse closed betas and in 2 of them it was possible (Quake Live, Starcraft 2). Would be nice to get some friends to join beta, testing community features and team related stuff would be easier (while being connected through a voice tool like teamspeak).

I have my whole family (almost) that'd like to try this game, so this would be great. Although the way I see it, why give more than one key to anybody when they could be given to other people who'd like them and have taken the time to sign up on the website.
"
resira wrote:
Although the way I see it, why give more than one key to anybody when they could be given to other people who'd like them and have taken the time to sign up on the website.

True. Thought Hartbrot does have a point. Giving people two keys and allowing them to invite a friend would absolutely increase the likelihood of people playing together as a party. Of course, you would also get the people who would just give their extra key away.
Forum Sheriff
a good question is how many people have currently access to the alpha and how many closed beta keys will be given?:)
"
innoruuk wrote:
a good question is how many people have currently access to the alpha and how many closed beta keys will be given?:)

My guess it is still the 57 initial alpha accounts (including the devs, friends and family) and the two selected people from the forums in January (including Oasisbhrnw) and maybe they let in a couple of others since, but I doubt it :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info