Fyregrass' Comprehensive Storm Brand Assassin Guide - Currently Dead Build. Revisit in 2 weeks.

Hello, I would recommend swapping one of the large clusters to:
Prismatic Heart, Thunderstruck, Widespread Destruction

At the minor cost to the DPS, Prismatic Heart provides 10% ele res (makes gearing up a bit easier), while Thunderstruck makes monsters (and most map bosses) move away from you. Widespread Destruction stays unallocated, not needed at all.
"
radiostar01 wrote:
Leveling from a10 to storm brand capable (80-83) feels pretty tedious. Heist and delve kills me, breaches kill me, cant do more than 1 ultimatum wave. And barely make a dent on metamorphs.

Any tips for someone crawling to 83?

Edit: Nvm. Switched to storm brand early.

Hey there just wanted to let you know that the LightningSlinger set up is a league starter tool and not something you should be running mid league unless you are new to the game, just like most other league starters that get to red maps on a 4 link, it's not really supposed to excel at league mechanics, although I did take it to red maps on stream this league to show others how to do so. For the sake of feedback, did I not make this clear in the PoB section? How could I better inform people of this?

______

"
Sartherus wrote:
Hey,

Started clearing t15s with ease once i switched to corrupted soul version. Just a few questions :

How much better/worse is to have inspired learning in corrupted soul version? Im guessing its better to have it for mapping and worse for bossing.

Lightning pen or controlled destruction? And which gem upgrade (awakened/divergent/anom) should i focus on first?

Thanks in advance, most fun build I've played in 4 years :)

Inspired Learning makes ultimatums really easy and you're only giving up 4 points to grab it so it doesn't make bossing that much worse honestly.

Lightning Pen/Controlled Destruction will be better for different builds based on which watcher's eye you ran and how much Penetration you have, you should check for yourself to see what is better for you as there isn't a one size fits all answer but theyre both close.

I would recommend awakened lightning pen first because it is cheap and a large boost to damage that you can start levelling right away, after that I would get Divergent Inspiration, Divergent Swiftbrand and Anomalous Assassin's mark as your next priorities.

______

"
GBattaITA wrote:

Hi everyone, I am currently at lv87, trying to 5 or 6 link Inpulsa to get Void Batteries. I am struggling a little bit since i starting red maps, i don't have any life/es sustain and even though the guide is really precise, i'm feeling a little bit loss about what are my next steps....can anybody help?

I will leave you my PoB too:
https://pastebin.com/K7VCNgGn

I would just get a Cinderswallow to upgrade from your quartz flask but thats it. You already have high level Vitality and a Life Flask. Cinderswallow is the last thing you can do to help here, although it improves sustain in combat quite a lot. Upgrading the rest of your gear will also help alot too, as killing mobs faster will reduce the amount of hits you take and lower your need for sustain also.

______

"
Omnisic wrote:
Fantastic build guide.
Haven't played brand since Betrayal and your in depth guide feels very good.

Thank you for linking the filters and saving the additional work in finding similar items.

2 days with it, level 82, looking forward to min maxing it.

I really appreciate it, good luck and if you ever get stuck hit me up on stream or on discord for help!

______

"
radiostar01 wrote:

Really? Because I'm 81 and I'm having a dreadful time mapping and leveling. I'm really not convinced I should commit to the 20ex version, never mind the 40ex and beyond levels.

Edit: Well I'm an idiot. Turns out I kept elemental overload the whole time. Main things needlessly painful for myself.

You can contact me at any time for help. We have stream viewers who cleared the entire game and earned a HH in their first league thanks to this build, I can personally promise you its worth sticking with. But for real, if you have troubles, I am more than happy to lend you a hand. As we find on stream every night, alot of people get the build 90% correct, but the 10% they get wrong costs them upwards of 60% of their potential DPS and after 10 mins of tweaking their PoB we fix their builds. I'd love to offer you a hand too.

______

"
bcutter wrote:

Loving explosions of Asenaths and Inpulsa.

Bottled faith is coming soon
+1 Powercharge rings are ridiculous expensive

I fail for see the next best upgrades, can someone guide me please?

Help please :)

PM me your PoB on discord! It's harder to help without access to your tree

______

"
Sheams wrote:
Hello for begin thank you for the build, ill enoy it!

Question : I have this jewel
can i apply IGNITE at 100% with spell critical, or ill must use a flat spell fire damage for the 10% dps on cinderwallow flask?

You NEED the spell fire flat damage from a jewel. Ignite chance is completely irrelevant since it still requires fire damage and we derive our ignite chance from crit chance anyway.

______

"
Jst_1994 wrote:
Hey,
following your build since a few days.
Upgraded some gear, and for some reason, my gems use all mana reservation.
How can i fix that?

Send me your PoB on discord :)

______

"
ForsakenAbdu wrote:
One of the best guides ever made for POE starters,
am completely new to poe and i am managing to do tier 15 and 16 maps now after following your guide.

not only that but you helped me a lot through your stream.

thank you for this awesome guide, one thing that i am afraid am stuck with your guides :D i cant follow any other guide now because they feel lacking. really great job.

looking forward to other guides from you awesome Fyre.

Hey, awesome to see you on here too Forsaken! I really do appreciate all the kind words

______

"
seaside wrote:
for anyone who's using it: is it worth it giving up a brand loyalty/grand design cluster for a curse one?

I know others answered you but I just wanted to chime in and say yea, it's probably worth it. I removed it from my guide because it was confusing too many players and so many people pursued it when it wasn't worthwhile for their build but yea, as long as you don't mind losing the brand attachment, go for it. Although, I highly recommend Blind/Cull over Unnerve/Cull

______

"
Sartherus wrote:
Hey,

loving the build so far,one of the best I've played.

Just a question regarding progression, am currently on 'Mind over Matter Storm Brand Transition' full build and am in process of transitioning to 'Corrupted Soul Transition ' .

Does the transition only work once I have all the items or can I gradually put item by item as I acquire them.

Thanks!

The transition part is basically dropping your mana investment at the MoM junction onwards + the 18/20% mana nodes for cluster jewels since once you get a Replica Soul Tether, you no longer want/need Mind over Matter and can re-allocate those points towards offensive purposes.

Void Batteries are pretty much the only things that work between those two set ups off the top of my head.
Thanks OP for your reply. Right now I'm just in the grind phase until I get to 90+, plus I'm waiting to sell a 7ex ish item so I can start crafting the BiS helm.

If there's any help I need right now, it's how to deal with stun locks because it's stuns that kill me the most. Well, I suppose that's simply linked to having not enough DPS to deal with ultimatum rares and multiple bosses that out last me.
Last edited by radiostar01 on May 9, 2021, 11:16:47 PM
Can i switch Concentraded Effect for (Awa)Controlled destruction ?
I've dropped Hand's of the High Templar for Culling Gloves, and manually applying 2 curses through Awakened HexTouch and HydroSphere as I don't need the clear DPS. If I were to upgrade further beyond Culling Gloves, what would I Awaken Orb the culling gloves with? I was thinking maybe Unnerve or something.
Thanks you Fyregrass, for your answer and for the build, poe trade links etc..

Have a nice day.
My shop : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/281932
Fyregrass, your guide and filter are just awesome, thank you a lot !!!

Just a question : i can buy 2 void battery, but i dont know if it's worth without any other change.

Can you help me about this point please?
My profile is public.

Thank you again for your great job !!
Hey man,
if you could check out my PoB and see where I can improve next, it would be great.
I'm kinda lost now, as the improvements seems quite expensive lmao.
https://pastebin.com/PJufFKqy
"
Fyregrass wrote:

______

"
bcutter wrote:

Loving explosions of Asenaths and Inpulsa.

Bottled faith is coming soon
+1 Powercharge rings are ridiculous expensive

I fail for see the next best upgrades, can someone guide me please?

Help please :)

PM me your PoB on discord! It's harder to help without access to your tree

______

here is my POB
https://pastebin.com/yMb7rf3C
still saving up for bottled faith :(
Last edited by bcutter on May 10, 2021, 3:29:09 PM
Greetings,

I loved the guide. It is super detailed and the equipment part helped a lot.

I reached level 88 and I don't know what to focus on next purchases.

My current budget is 140 chaos and my pastebin is
https://pastebin.com/SzRFu4VY

obs: I'm trying to get 3 red sockets on wand to link CWDT
Last edited by sinagoga on May 11, 2021, 12:46:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info