[3.13] Peak life Necromancer -- 12k life, 7k+ regen/sec, delete everything

"
ZHescv wrote:

For now, I can't get it out of the enlighten because the mana is not enough for 4 aura. How can i solve the mana problem? If i can figure it out somehow, i will transfer the gems in the chest to gloves.

It looks like you're going the Saqawal's Nest route to make use of Avian, which is a very powerful combination. It's a significant departure from the OP's build, but is the path forward to get more damage.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Aul%27s_Uprising

This amulet can make pride Aura free, allowing you take more auras as you see fit. Saqawal's Nest has a huge all attribute bonus, giving you tons of dex to play with. In that case, you might consider ditching the hammer for a similar bow. That lets you use a quiver with lot of strength, life, and resists, making the rest of your gear more flexible and recovering some of the life you sacrifice by going with Saqawal's nest.

I'd recommend checking out this player's setup, as it's looks to be in line with what you're aiming for,

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/ko44a/coviddancer?i=5&search=skill%3DRaise-Zombie%26sort%3Dlife

If I had known about that setup earlier in the league, I would have aimed for it. I'm focused on hitting 24 challenges now, and then maybe I'll see about giving it a try... although I'm also wanting to try some other weird stuff before league end, so idk, but I definitely feel like utilizing Saqawal's Nest and Avian is a winning combination.
Here is tonight's survival report for those interested.

I spent many hours today mapping.

95% were T16. Chiseled and alched. Sextants and 4 scarabs used each run.

I did a ton of shaper guardians, elder guardians and some conquerors.

By far, and like not even close, the two hardest sections were the following:

1) Simulacrum Wave 20: I just could not survive. I gave up after losing 3 portals as it was not going to happen. Levels 1 through 19 went with out issue. My minions had no issues here, it was me. Probably mostly due to my lack of skill but it was really hard.

2) Infused Harbinger - holy hell. It deleted 3 of my specters, the golem lasted about 10 seconds and for the first and only time all day, I actually saw the AG's health bar move a tiny bit. He was getting swamped but it looked like he was healing through his Helmet as fast as he was getting clobbered. For fun I let him get swarmed while I hid like a baby and he was unkillable. It is going to take an act of god, as long as I stay out of Acid Caverns, to kill him with the set up I have on him.

The Golem is by far the weakest minion. He dies every so often when mapping hard items. He got insta nailed in a 40% Delirious T16 map when I woke up a legion general (not the smartest thing in the world, I know).

Personally, it looks like this build struggles the more dense every thing gets. However, if you just want to happily alch and go T16's and do constant Sirus runs, this build feels well suited to that.

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Mar 5, 2021, 2:23:41 AM
"
Lemabelle wrote:

I'd recommend checking out this player's setup, as it's looks to be in line with what you're aiming for,

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/ko44a/coviddancer?i=5&search=skill%3DRaise-Zombie%26sort%3Dlife

His zombie gem set up is really interesting.

He uses feeding frenzy in the zombie setup, which means he is trading a ton of damage for them being aggressive. I wonder if that is worth it....The Golem keeps the feeding frenzy buff by himself normally so all he is gaining is "aggressive" from what I can tell.

"

Here are some things to consider

1) Move Pride, Enlighten, Dread Banner and Generosity to gloves

2) Buy unset ring and move Flame Dash to it.

3) Now you have your entire chest free. You can use that for a very powerful 6 link skeleton setup, if you don't mind summoning them all the time. They add a ton of damage. You could also consider using a Carrion Golem as well here but that requires lots of changes to the tree and jewels so that you can get as many golems as possible summoned. The Skeletons will require almost no change to our general setup.

4) Enlighten is the easiest way to deal with having all the auras so stick with it.

5) Replace minion life with blood magic (no reason for minion life unless you want extra protection for animate guardian). I use the following specters:

Host Chieften, Carnage Chieften, Merveil's Retainer, Arena Master
This group gives power and frenzy charges, vulnerability curse and periodic attack and movement buffs to your gang.

6) With the 50ex, get all the awakened gems. They add large dps boost, especially Awakened Multistrike

Thank you for your answers.

I think I will continue with this plan. I'll use bow and quiver later because no mana pride amulet is a bit expensive for now :D
Last edited by ZHescv on Mar 5, 2021, 4:12:12 AM
How does this build handle Cortex + Shaper + their Degen pools?
"
He uses feeding frenzy in the zombie setup, which means he is trading a ton of damage for them being aggressive. I wonder if that is worth it....The Golem keeps the feeding frenzy buff by himself normally so all he is gaining is "aggressive" from what I can tell.

I think that setup is angled towards map clear speed, which aggression would help a lot with. If they want to maximize their single target DPS for a very tanky boss, they could swap feeding frenzy with their awakened minion damage support gem in the boots, but I expect they just hit that Vaal Summon Skeletons in the boots and use that to burst down bosses most of the time. They'd only be gem swapping for the very tough multi-phase bosses. They've got over 1500 strength and 12 zombies. They've got Vaal Haste and Flesh Offering helping DPS as well, so I don't losing a link for aggression is bad trade to make 99% of the time for that setup. I've watched that profile for a while along with a few others in that top 100 zombies lineup. This profile was using overleech for a while, but at some point that gave that up for Lethal Pride. The karui passive adds a bunch of strength to each of the nodes I think, which is what helped them over the top.

"
Personally, it looks like this build struggles the more dense every thing gets.

That's a weakness of the build it seems. The zombies do AoE with slam which has a cooldown. The AoE dps is significantly lower than the single target DPS, only good for clearing the fodder. If you get a dense pack of something tough, it can take a while to chew through, which is why 100% delirious maps and wave 20 simulacrum are stretching the limits. I see a lot of the top zombie builds using Vaal Summon Skeletons to compensate. Some of them even have a whole chest link setup for the skeletons instead of working in a bunch of auras.

I think I'm probably done advancing this build for the league. I'm working through challenges now to hit 24 and then maybe I'll try some wild stuff with my currency. This was my third character this season. I'd have gotten a lot farther if it was my first, but I like a bit of variety. Next league I want to try out a different minion build... maybe elementalist carrion golems, which gets an easy 8m+ dps for about the same investment and has a sturdier defensive layer... but lacks that amazing baron leech we get. I'll see how that feels. If I don't like it, it would be relatively easy to swap back. I do feel like baron zombies are more versatile. Of course, who knows what the next league will do, so that's all up in the air.
Last edited by Lemabelle on Mar 5, 2021, 8:48:46 AM

I wanted to share a small update, I would give some ideas for those who want to do this build.

I just got 87 level. I killed A8 Sirus deathless. I killed Maven by dying 2 times, but it was completely my fault.
I don't know if I'll spend more money on this build but if I do I'll switch to the bow and quiver variation.
"
ZHescv wrote:

I wanted to share a small update, I would give some ideas for those who want to do this build.

I just got 87 level. I killed A8 Sirus deathless. I killed Maven by dying 2 times, but it was completely my fault.
I don't know if I'll spend more money on this build but if I do I'll switch to the bow and quiver variation.

I have switched over to this as well with a similar set up (couple of gem differences).

I have to say I really like this version. I have less life but I actually feel much safer. Sending the skeletons into the pack feels so much safer than charging in myself to get the zombies to follow.

I have done a bunch of T16 maps and just did a 10 man boss fight which was SUPER easy.

I can see why the version with the bow and quiver is so popular. I don't have the money to make the switch to that version until I get some sales, but I am going to keep playing this to see if I continue to like it.

It is a shame that Multistrike does not work with the Vaal portion of Summon Skeletons but I guess it would be way too OP if it did.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Mar 5, 2021, 7:14:44 PM
Works like a charm, thanks!
Thanks for the guide, even tho I find it very "minimalistic" sometimes.

Lacks some info I'd like to know, for instance for flasks you just say karui + quicksilver. What about freeze and curse/shock immunity? (Bleed it's ok so we don't need that, corrupted blood jewel is enough).

Also, what about stun? What pantheon do you use?

Last question, why do I have only 3 spectres? Gem is lvl 21 socketed in Baron + Unnatural Strenght ascendancy point.
Last edited by Pheu on Mar 7, 2021, 6:28:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info