[3.13] Peak life Necromancer -- 12k life, 7k+ regen/sec, delete everything

"
Could some one double check these?

Looks good, I'd recommend nabbing a Glorious Vanity timeless jewel (with Ahuana) to take advantage of overleech for the massive leech this build provides if you want to be super tanky. Make sure you get strength on the slots for rares, and % strength or % attributes where available. The sky is the limit for the prices on those rares though, so you might not want to go all out until you're sure you like the build. For jewels that aren't unique, strength/life/resist jewels are nice, especially if you can get inc 5% minion damage implicit. Abyssal jewels with life and minion attack speed rolls are good alternative for dps... and for the abyss slot on belt. With that ex to burn, you should fill out the Awakened Physical Damage Support (10% intimidate chance with quality), and Awakened Brutality Support (10% dr overwhelm with quality). Those are nice little boosts to... about 8ex together. If you end up hating the build, reselling the awakened gems is pretty quick since it's a fast market for them.

See placement for the timeless jewel,

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAASzBkkI9AthDF8NzQ48ES0UIBRxFScWbxiRGjgcpxzOHNwi9CSqJy8qmCtQLJwy0TbpOQs6UjrGPC09_EVHRZ1HhUqfTLNNrFBHU1JTpVXGWGNZ81qRXz9i9GO7ZlRmnmdxZ5toZWjyakNqrGvbbAttGXGycg9yqXLFdqx713yDggeDX4PMiECMsYzPjr6PGpAzkFWSwZMnlG-a4KDmoS-iAKasqH2qqayqrY2uPq9sr6e3PryfvOq-ir-XwGbCbMT2xq7JPc9-0B_Tj9P72L3ZC9le2XzfsONq5FHqGOvu7IPsiu8O7-vwH_Ie8932SPcy-Ov60v4K_lT-gQ==?accountName=Lemabelle&characterName=LydiaRigorRider

"
mouzzli wrote:
100% delirium, simulacrum viable?

Viable, but the clear speed will be sluggish when HP gets 100% delirious high. I think the build tops out around 3.5-4m dps at around 40ex investment. With some significant modification using Saqawal's Nest, you can pump the DPS up significantly, but you do lose a lot of the the life that makes this build relaxing.
"
Lemabelle wrote:
"
Since we are not using a curse in the build, should we throw a Vulnerability on Hit curse gloves on the AG?

I know he won't hit much but it seems like a freebee and might be decent against bosses.

You can easily get vulnerability on a spectre. Mervails Retainer is popular for the AoE vulnerability she casts. I found she kept dying and she wasn't very reliable, so I switched her for a Whipping Miscreated, which is a more durable and has vulnerability on hit. She reliably curses whatever is tough enough not to be immediately destroyed by the zombies. You can still take vulnerability on hit for your AG, but I'd rather just lump more defenses on him to protect that kingmaker.

Thanks!

I noticed you are not using Blood Magic for your specters which I assume also means you are not using the Frenzy/Power charge apes...?

I would like to use the apes because the amount of damage the charges add in POB is significant, although I realize the trade off is a big one because I need to remove minion life from my AG.

With out minion life, my AG will be at 60k life and I am going to be using the powerful Mask of the Stitch Demon helmet coupled with special armor mod.

Do you think this is a bad idea and AG will die too easily? Or is Minion Life more important for Specters now to live given the recent specter changes this league?

What 2 specters do you use besides Whipping Miscreant?
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Mar 2, 2021, 11:57:38 AM
"
Lemabelle wrote:
"
Could some one double check these?

Looks good, I'd recommend nabbing a Glorious Vanity timeless jewel (with Ahuana) to take advantage of overleech for the massive leech this build provides if you want to be super tanky. Make sure you get strength on the slots for rares, and % strength or % attributes where available.

I was reading through your discussion on this along with the addition of Maim + Flesh and Stone.

These both look very powerful and I will be adding the unset ring to the build to cover Flame Dash.
"
fhpt wrote:
"
Since we are not using a curse in the build, should we throw a Vulnerability on Hit curse gloves on the AG?

I know he won't hit much but it seems like a freebee and might be decent against bosses.

I'm using self cast vulnerability in an unset ring. Aside from the extra damage, it also helps direct your minions.

Thank you for the suggestion. When I get to end game I will see if I can squeeze in a second unset ring once my strength and resists are set.

May I ask why you are using a mana flask? The build appears from the outside to have plenty of mana available after auras to use Flame Dash, Convocate and Vulnerability so I may be missing something basic here.
"
I noticed you are not using Blood Magic for your specters which I assume also means you are not using the Frenzy/Power charge apes...?

Along with the Whipping Miscreated, I am using carnage and host chieftains currently, and without blood magic, the frenzy and power charges are unreliable. I've been considering dropping them for They of Tul for defense and maybe testing out an Arena Master for the awesome attack and move speed buff they can give. Arena Master also uses mana, but is less reliant on it from what I've heard. They give a 40% attack and move speed buff, that lasts about 4 seconds, and cast every 8 seconds with blood magic (so about 50% uptime). It's slower without BM, but since there is a fixed cooldown, they have some time to regen mana and it shouldn't slow them down too much. I won't really know until I try though.

That mask you've got should make your AG tough enough to go for blood magic, but it is a gamble, and you're gambling about 4.5ex instead of 1ex on the life of your AG. That's a fine gamble to make when you can afford to lose it. I might consider it soon myself now that I can actually afford to lose that kind of currency. Spectre's are a concern. I've had them die occasionally to various mechanics. The apes are tanky enough that it's rare. The last time I had an ape die was a juiced up vaal temple map from the bosses's OP blood spikes rain thing. Without life support, they'll die more often, and replacing a spectre is annoying. My AG has not died yet. I've heard people have AGs die on awakened 8 Sirus. I didn't have trouble in awakened 4, but I haven't been to 8 yet.

EDIT: Apparently Arena Master buff is nerfed to 20% attack and move speed at some point, which is still pretty huge. Blood magic no longer helps him and the buff seems to be fixed to happen every 12 seconds, so about 1/3rd uptime. I still want to try it out.
Last edited by Lemabelle on Mar 2, 2021, 1:58:12 PM
"
"
fhpt wrote:
"

I'm using self cast vulnerability in an unset ring. Aside from the extra damage, it also helps direct your minions.

Thank you for the suggestion. When I get to end game I will see if I can squeeze in a second unset ring once my strength and resists are set.

May I ask why you are using a mana flask? The build appears from the outside to have plenty of mana available after auras to use Flame Dash, Convocate and Vulnerability so I may be missing something basic here.

The mana flask is enduring, so it keeps going even at full mana, therefore I get curse immunity for the full duration. Also, it's qol for no-regen maps, or if I want to spam vulnerability curse, resummon zombies, etc. It has enough uses for pretty much permanent uptime.

For spectres, I'm currently using arena master (attack/move speed buff), ruins hellion (rallying cry) and bristle matron (enemy speed debuff). I stopped using apes as you hardly get charges without blood magic. Also, they of tul was nerfed this league, so it's not worth using either.

Edit: arena masters only give 20% now, not 40%

Last edited by fhpt on Mar 2, 2021, 2:00:22 PM
"
fhpt wrote:
For spectres, I'm currently using arena master (attack/move speed buff), ruins hellion (rallying cry) and bristle matron (enemy speed debuff). I stopped using apes as you hardly get charges without blood magic. Also, they of tul was nerfed this league, so it's not worth using either.

Aaaaah sad! I was going to try out They of Tul after seeing so much hype for it in other threads. Ruins Hellion sounds fun.
great information guys!! Thanks so much for sharing.

I think I will take a risk on the AG with blood magic as I want my charges for the apes:).

If AG does die then oh well, I will go more tanky with next version. I can afford to lose the cost of the helmet (the rest of the gear is very cheap).

Also, if I see the specters are dying every 3rd map, then I will likely have to change as well.

I love that idea of the constant immunity using the Enduring Mana flask. I may try that out if I don't like my other flask choices.
Has any one play tested Death Attunement in place of Golem's Blood for the amulet anointment?

Trading life for an extra zombie, extra specter and a little more minion attack speed....
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Mar 2, 2021, 8:48:31 PM
"
Has any one play tested Death Attunement in place of Golem's Blood for the amulet anointment?

Trading life for an extra zombie, extra specter and a little more minion attack speed....

Death Attunement is the best dps option for anoint. I've considered making the swap. I can tolerate the loss of regen, but the loss of 10% life is a sacrifice. I suspect Golem's Blood is the better choice early on, and then once you're feeling very tanky, a swap to Death Attunement makes sense. I expect I'll make the switch eventually, but I've got some decisions to make on where I'll go next gear-wise.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info