[3.13] ❄️ Peak Performance Ice Shot Deadeye ❄️ | Deceivingly Tanky | Starter>Endgame

"
Habibin wrote:
I don't think chained arrow from HS deal damage.
Visually it seems hit same enemy. but It wouldn't deal damage at all, also cone wouldn't proc.


I went around and captured the mechanics in a GIF, will put it inside the guide for clarity.

If the chain didn't work for you then maybe you're outside of the chaining range, shouldn't be a problem when your hydrosphere is right besides the enemy though.

Ice Shot cone proc. & Chained projectile off Hydrosphere dealing damage
https://imgur.com/a/YNqriOr

Couldn't find a way to link the gif image properly inside the post, sorry about that.
Last edited by mantol456 on Jan 31, 2021, 12:29:21 AM
"

I went around and captured the mechanics in a GIF, will put it inside the guide for clarity.

If the chain didn't work for you then maybe you're outside of the chaining range, shouldn't be a problem when your hydrosphere is right besides the enemy though.

Ice Shot cone proc. & Chained projectile off Hydrosphere dealing damage
https://imgur.com/a/YNqriOr

Couldn't find a way to link the gif image properly inside the post, sorry about that.


Ah yes cone will proc for direct hits
But chained projectile from sphere to the enemy is not proc hit effect
(If you hitting boss and sphere some time)
I think this mean second projectile does not deal damage
Cone Itself can overlap, So technically you can double-dip the damage
But you needs astenath's for track moving boss
In this way barrage support deals way more damage
Greetings, thank you for posting the build!
I wonder how tanky it actually is though, for example can you reliably farm high lvl heists or blight maps without dying to some weird arrow from offscreen?
Also, a video of map clear and boss kill would be much appericated.
"
Habibin wrote:
"

I went around and captured the mechanics in a GIF, will put it inside the guide for clarity.

If the chain didn't work for you then maybe you're outside of the chaining range, shouldn't be a problem when your hydrosphere is right besides the enemy though.

Ice Shot cone proc. & Chained projectile off Hydrosphere dealing damage
https://imgur.com/a/YNqriOr

Couldn't find a way to link the gif image properly inside the post, sorry about that.


Ah yes cone will proc for direct hits
But chained projectile from sphere to the enemy is not proc hit effect
(If you hitting boss and sphere some time)
I think this mean second projectile does not deal damage
Cone Itself can overlap, So technically you can double-dip the damage
But you needs astenath's for track moving boss
In this way barrage support deals way more damage


Ah crap you're right, couldn't really test when both projectile hits, but wiki also saying the same thing that same source multiple projectile will only chain but not actually damage them.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Chain

But I typically play by placing the Hydrosphere on top of the enemy and abusing tankiness for Point Blank, so maybe only the projectile and cone overlaps.

Thank you for the clarification, will fix that part of the build. But cone overlapping is still a 2X DPS.

"
chuzik wrote:
Greetings, thank you for posting the build!
I wonder how tanky it actually is though, for example can you reliably farm high lvl heists or blight maps without dying to some weird arrow from offscreen?
Also, a video of map clear and boss kill would be much appericated.


Farmed Heist & Blighted maps without any issue, but as mentioned, evasion build is still an evasion build and you still need to get out of the way for those big hits. Just that this variation is much tankier than average.

Would love to record a video, if somebody could point out a decent free recording software. Still looking for one at the moment.

Edit: Updated hydrosphere section + POB link
Last edited by mantol456 on Jan 31, 2021, 12:00:05 PM
If You use double-dip mechanics I recommend to get at least +2 pierce.
Which can easily obtain through using Anomalous Barrage Support.
With 8 projectile Iceshot-barrage.
You can double-dip Base-hit from sphere and 2.4 of chained projectile from wall hits some enemy.
Means You have 130% more damage at best case.
I confirmed reflected projectile can hit and damaging enemy which already hit some enemy.
Note:Extra Projectile from sniper's mark can't reflect, and sphere is not count as terrain.
"
Habibin wrote:
If You use double-dip mechanics I recommend to get at least +2 pierce.
Which can easily obtain through using Anomalous Barrage Support.
With 8 projectile Iceshot-barrage.
You can double-dip Base-hit from sphere and 2.4 of chained projectile from wall hits some enemy.
Means You have 130% more damage at best case.
I confirmed reflected projectile can hit and damaging enemy which already hit some enemy.
Note:Extra Projectile from sniper's mark can't reflect, and sphere is not count as terrain.


I still think pierce functions poorly in this build and it's better to let it track via chain. Currently testing gem swapping for single target boss Barrage support and Dying Sun to replace 2nd life flask, I'd say it's doing much better so might include the changes in the build.

Against most bosses however the typical ice shot + void shot + culling hydrosphere works well enough to function.
Played around with video recording, managed to record a gameplay showcase. Will try to build up some more showcase videos.

Elder guardian + Elder down.

Got into Poeninja top characters list:
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/mantol456/PanahGalvanik?i=0&search=name%3Dpanah

Pretty good day tbh.
Update: Did some endgame contents today and uploaded the video. Build is running very smoothly.
Last edited by mantol456 on Feb 2, 2021, 5:26:58 AM
Thanks for the guide. I'm using a Global Crit multi bow and Bottled Faith, with only 4k life at level 91 i've done;

Shaper(With Maven)
Elder(With Maven)
All Guardians(With Maven)
All Breachstones(With Maven)
A9 Sirus
Cortex(No maven, got it from Zana mission)

"
Miyokard wrote:
Thanks for the guide. I'm using a Global Crit multi bow and Bottled Faith, with only 4k life at level 91 i've done;

Shaper(With Maven)
Elder(With Maven)
All Guardians(With Maven)
All Breachstones(With Maven)
A9 Sirus
Cortex(No maven, got it from Zana mission)



Cheers, great to hear the build is working out for you.

Anyway update for today, hit challenge target 24 with this build which is my league target for ritual, will probably start playing other builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info