Texture Streaming in Echoes of the Atlas

Yay! The game just insta crashes everytime. Nice
Your texture streaming give a lot of crash it seems
Didn't have any problems with textures before 3.13(!)

Pictures below show what I experience now (in addition to freezes, fps drops down to zero in any fight with mobs, of course if you see this mobs, etc). Thank you for explaining to me that it's an "improvement"...

As an actual low-end PC user, sometimes it takes up to a minute to load a scene for me, compared to 10-15 sec stated by other people.

Don't have any energy to describe all the issues, most of them already pointed out in details by other people.

More beautiful pics...

Spoiler

Considering current situation, question about QA/QC arises...
Sadly it doesn't work well.
I would much rather have the option to pre-load the textures & shaders rather then have them load on the fly. A short load time prior to starting a map is much more preferable to having issues while in the middle of fights.
Thinking about the crash and stalls, it almost seems like when GC runs it has to purge a lot of stale data. With your texture streaming with the buffering is the GC getting overwhelmed by the cleanup?
How is it possible that the same acts from the beta somehow loads slower and performs worse on a PC that’s like 5x as fast, has an SSD instead of an HDD and has 4x the memory of what I had back then?

Use some of that Tencent money and hire some engine experts to sort this mess out. Because whatever you’re doing is not working, and it’s getting worse every league.
Ninja.
Last edited by la_blue_girl on Jan 28, 2021, 10:26:24 AM
"
_JoWie_ wrote:

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X (3,4GHz ~ 4.9Ghz, 16 core)
32 GiB DDR4-3600
GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 Windforce 8G
Samsung 860 PRO 1TB (sata)

Yeah, I doubt it. I've got:

Ryzen 3600
16 GB DDR4-3200 CL14
RTX 2070 Super
Samsung 970 Evo NVME

I have significant performance issues in 3.13. My solution is not more cores from an $800 processor. I know that isn't a solution for me because I've been playing this game on-and-off for many, many years. The game has never fixed its fundamental performance issues, despite now running a much faster computer than I had then, years ago. I was rarely significantly adversely affected, until now; this new texture-related one is awful.

The engine or netcode or whatever is simply bad. It hasn't improved enough over the years. This performance & behavior wasn't acceptable for Cyberpunk, and there's no reason it should be acceptable here.
I highly appreciate the transparency!
Keep up the good work.

This is a together, not a solo, and certainly not an against each other.

<3
.-. .. -.- ..- -.- .-.. .- -.-- - --- -.
Although we understand this tech is needed for PoE2 this shouldn't have gone into the 3.13 release. It's as simple as that and i'm actually surprised you're sticking with it and hoping to improve it with upcoming patches during this league (while many face the consequences daily).

At the very least this should have been optional like for instance Vulkan. A lot of users like myself, who have good gaming computers, were very happy with the 3.12 performance. For us this is a large set back in performance, visuals and crashes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info