Blizzard Crown

How does Blizzard Crown works with Mines?

It says
Adds (75–85) to (115–128) Cold Damage
Your Hits treat Cold Resistance as 10% higher than actual value

Mines counts as "Your Hits"?
Last bumped on Jan 28, 2021, 11:18:09 PM
up
i'd be interested to know this too, whether it applies to totems for example
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
"
D3izhistory wrote:
i'd be interested to know this too, whether it applies to totems for example

That is a great question too!
tested it and the flat damage does apply to totems, not sure about the res mod but unlikely with totems since those hits arent cast by the player
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
sure they use your hits

much more interesting question would be what the other part of the mod actually means.. I would read it as "actual_value * 1.1" which would mean resist goes gown in case actual_value is negative

and what is actual_value? is it the value monster has in a map or value after applying all resist mods and debuffs?
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Jan 28, 2021, 1:09:24 PM
I would assume its simple actual value% + 10%
"An it harm none, do what you will"
Based on this it seems like it will apply to mine/totem hits
How i understand it is if something is being "returned" as a result of a hit then mines/totems count as a separate entity where that something is being returned to, like leech or on kill effects or reflect. When something is applied to an enemy your hit is the same as mine/totem hit for the sake of applying a debuff or checking stats on an enemy that may modify that hit. Hope that makes sense..
This mod is good for cold to fire conversion builds, and for "cold ignite" builds like Elementalist ascendancy.

For cold damage hits, I don't think you can benefit from first mod without the downsides of second.
Last edited by 6_din_49 on Jan 28, 2021, 6:33:15 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info