Does "Your Hits Permanently Intimidate Enemies on Full Life" work with totems

Does "Your Hits Permanently Intimidate Enemies on Full Life" work with totems?

For example:
If Im using Ancestral Warchif build with Scion and choose Champion Ascendancy will the "Your Hits Permanently Intimidate Enemies on Full Life" work with totems? I know the taunt works and so does the fortify.

thanks for the help.
Last bumped on May 22, 2018, 9:56:34 AM
"
Akathor wrote:
Does "Your Hits Permanently Intimidate Enemies on Full Life" work with totems?

For example:
If Im using Ancestral Warchif build with Scion and choose Champion Ascendancy will the "Your Hits Permanently Intimidate Enemies on Full Life" work with totems? I know the taunt works and so does the fortify.

thanks for the help.

Nope. "Your hits" means you, not totems, traps or minions.
thanks for the feedback :)
Nonsense. Totems use your skills.

I haven't tested it in game but there is no reason it wouldn't work with totems. Unless TheBagman has tested it in game and found that it doesn't work, I would ignore their assertion.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"

It would mean that Totem builds would not need Resolute Technique "Your hits can't be Evaded.
Never deal Critical Strikes." Since it says "Your hits"?

Can anyone give any more information in regards to this subject?

Thanks!
I've never testet it, but my guess is that @TheBagman is right. 'You' means you and not your minions, totems or whatever. Compare it to the wording in some of the Hierophant nodes: 'If you or your totems kill an enemy', 'killed by you or your totems', ...
"
Akathor wrote:
"

It would mean that Totem builds would not need Resolute Technique "Your hits can't be Evaded.
Never deal Critical Strikes." Since it says "Your hits"?

Can anyone give any more information in regards to this subject?

Nice example. Resolute technique does of course work with totems, as do any other things that say 'your hits'. For example, Southbound gloves. It's easy to test those in game. Also, worthy Foe works with totems as well, although that's much harder to test.

Anyway, it's obvious that "Your Hits Permanently Intimidate Enemies on Full Life" will work fine with totems if you understand the mechanics of totems, how your stats work, and what words like 'you' and 'your' mean in path of exile. If you read enough adghar, Vipermagi and Abdiel_Kavash posts you will soon build this knowledge up and see why it will obviously work with totems. I'm hoping one of them posts here so I don't have to try to explain it myself though since it's kind of confusing! XD
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:

Anyway, it's obvious that "Your Hits Permanently Intimidate Enemies on Full Life" will work fine with totems if you understand the mechanics of totems, how your stats work, and what words like 'you' and 'your' mean in path of exile. If you read enough adghar, Vipermagi and Abdiel_Kavash posts you will soon build this knowledge up and see why it will obviously work with totems. I'm hoping one of them posts here so I don't have to try to explain it myself though since it's kind of confusing! XD

I'm out of practice, as I've been hopping from game to game :P

It's been maddeningly difficult to find the post where the Big Mark explains how the "you" distinction doesn't exist, although I have managed to find something close:

"
Mark_GGG wrote:

"
Redblade wrote:
Also, if the logic is as we've been told before where the totem/trap/mine is the entity doing the killing and not you why is the Assassin's "Poison you inflict with critical strikes..." exempt from this as opposed to Chieftain's "Gain 20% of physical damage as fire if you've killed recently"?
The first is affecting your skills, and your totems use your skills, not their own. The second is checking state about your character (whether you've killed recently or not).
On-kill and on-hit descriptions are planned for a rework to make them more clear in the medium term, but other things have more priority at the moment.

Original gangsta citation which is still relevant if you comb through the Mark's posts in the big mechanics thread:

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Basically, totems use your stats when using your skills, and use their own stats for things that aren't skills (being hit, etc).

So the distinction isn't you/your, it's whether a modifier attaches to a Skill or not. Elemental Equilibrium is what I usually like to cite, because it clearly says "Enemies you hit" and you can very clearly see the purple glowy debuff effect under enemies when a Totem hits enemies with elemental damage while you have Elemental Equilibrium.

As for the original poster's question - all I can do is agree with dudiobugtron that it should work in theory. I'm at work right now, so I can't hop in-game to take a look myself, but if Intimdate has a debuff visual like with Elemental Equilibrium, then it should be pretty easy to test. If not - it'd be a lot more work to test. We could also hope Mark will come out of his work cave to give an authoritative answer on the issue.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Thanks for all the feedbacks.
But indeed it will be very difficult to test since there is no visual debuff.
Lets hope Mark can help us with this question
Adding more ammunition to the "yes" salvo:

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Re Champion: If your totems inflict taunt, does that count as "taunted by you"

"Xed by you" when referring to debuffs or other ongoing effects applied to enemies is shorthand for "while affected by X applied by your skills, enemies have...". It's a modifier which affects your skills, and totems are using your skills.

Source

So "Your hits" means "Hits by your skills", which indeed applies even if your skill is cast by a proxy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info