Mechanical Questions Thread

"
Illviljan wrote:
I was wondering about Glitterdisc and its chance to Avoid Fire Damage. How does it work?
When calculating a hit of damage against you, if it would deal fire damage, you have a chance to not have that damage happen.
"
Illviljan wrote:
Is it similar to dodge but works against secondary damage as well?
It's quite dissimilar to dodge - dodge prevents hits, avoiding damage stops some of the damage of a hit. You still will be hit (even if only for 0 damage). They apply in different ways, at different times. It applies to any hit.
"
Illviljan wrote:
How are you categorizing these mechanics that averts damage (evade, dodge, avoid, etc.)?
I don't know what you mean by this.

"
Lordsidro wrote:
Why does Melee Damage on Full Life not actually scale "melee" damage. It currently only scales Melee "physical" damage. Shouldn't the support be renamed Melee "Physical" Damage on Full Life? Alternatively make it scale all melee damage on full life. It would be really fun and cool to do melee elemental CI attackers.
Support names are indicative in general of what they do. They are explicitly not supposed to be full descriptions of exactly how they work. That's what the stat descriptions on the support are for.

"
AllDevourer wrote:
I heard that monsters do have some amount of base armor, even without the blue "Armored" mod. Is that true?
Yes.
"
AllDevourer wrote:
Could we know how high is it?
Not really. That depends on all kinds of factors. If I tried to list armour values for every monster at each level they could spawn at, the list would be out of date before I finished it.
"
AllDevourer wrote:
Does any type of a monster have some kind of % increased armor, so that for example, the 300-350 additional base armor it gets from a Skullhead if it's raised as a Spectre is in reality something more
Not inherently, no.

"
AllDevourer wrote:
Do monsters have passive trees of their own?
No. Monsters do not have passives.
"
AllDevourer wrote:
For example, do Undying Grapplers have something like "200% increased life, 100% increased lightning damage" from their tree, and as such the damage they deal with Discharge is at it's highest when Power Charges are being Discharged?
Monster's skills may have such damage modifiers. In addtion, monsters get increased life and damage (among other modifiers) for being magic/rare/unique, and get increased life based on the number of players in the party.

"
Ruisleipa wrote:
Does "Singularity" unique items hinder effect boost detonate dead damage?
Yes.
"
Ruisleipa wrote:
DoesIf so, is it only for initial hit or also double dip from burn?
Only the hit. Modifiers that are conditional on some state of the enemy cannot affect damage over time.
"
Starfires wrote:
What is the radius on "nearby" part of Singularity?
The radius of the Sigularity item aura is 25

"
Starlight85 wrote:
i'm playing around with the new 'ascent from flesh' belt.

When my energy shield recharge starts, I do gain the dodge / movespeed buff. I dont visibly gain any phasing buff however - either visually (like phase run), or as an icon that represents phasing at the top of the screen.

I use no skills / cwdt set up that would disable phasing.

Is it just that the phase run granted from this item doesn't have an icon, or am i missing something?
You seem to be confused. This item does not grant Phase Run. Phasing and Phase Run are different things.
Phasing is the state of being able to pass through enemies. It's granted by lots of things, including the Quartz Flask effect, the buff from the Phase Run skill, and several passive skills. Some of those things also grant visual effects (such as the flask effect and the buff from Phase Run, which each have their own different visual effect).
Phase Run is a specific skill, which adds a buff to the player. This buff grants multiple bonuses, one of which is Phasing, and also applies a visual effect to the character.

"
fatbrick wrote:
Why totem attack and cast speed nodes dont work with flame/spell totem ?
They do. They won't affect cast speed as shown on your character screen, because that can only show the speed your character would use the skill at.

"
Cymril wrote:
How does Navali dole out Prophecies? Is it based on character level, location, etc? (Difficulty is a factor, obv.)
Only character level and difficulty matter.

"
BadPixel wrote:
With the "Projectile damage increased by arrow pierce chance" mod on Drillneck, is there any way to achieve more than 100% increased projectile damage? Same question regarding "critical strike chance increased by arrow pierce chance" node from the deadeye ascendancy.
No. The chance to pierce cannot be higher than 100%.
"
BadPixel wrote:
Does Infractem's "arrows always pierce" mod grant 100% pierce chance
Yes.

"
tempismaster wrote:
Does Occultist Vile Bastion node trigger for my character if my totem gets a kill?
No.

"
Activation of Blasphemy aura with Cast When Damage Taken, is it actually intended mechanic?
No. Auras should not be triggerable. This will likely be fixed in future, but is not high priority.

"
gato8344 wrote:
I understand Item Rarity Support does affect mines and traps but, does it affect when a mob is killed by poison ( caused by Poison Support ) from that mine or trap?
Yes. Whenever a skill creates degen, it stores the relevant IIQ/IIR modifiers in that degen so they can be used if that degen gets assigned the kill.

"
Madhibikii wrote:
I'm wondering why the change to spell totem damage reduction is not applying to Ranged attack totem ?
Because they are different gems with different balance.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jun 28, 2016, 8:42:10 PM
"
grepman wrote:
Why doesn't Magma Orb work with slower projectiles support ?
Because that projectile is not affected by projectile speed modifiers, so that support can't apply.

"
Apanauc wrote:
Does damage taken from heartbound loop count as 'Your Hits'?
I would need to know in what context to answer this conclusively, but probably yes.

"
Estoa wrote:
If i sweep in a porcupine pack, my CWDT has a 1000 damage threshold and the porcupine's spikes deal 900 damage, my CWDT set up will never trigger, or will trigger when i get hit by a second spear?
It will trigger on the second hit, and then reset the skill's damage count.
Note that each skill tracks damage separately (and does not count damage recieved while on cooldown) so it's not technically correct to say the CwDT setup has a damage threshold. The support is separately supporting each individual skill by giving that skill it's own threshold.

"
XaHyPuK wrote:
Does Deadeye's Powerful Precision "Projectile Critical Strike Chance increased by Arrow Pierce Chance" and "Projectiles have 100% additional chance to Pierce targets at the start of their movement, losing this chance as the projectile travels" interact as expected i.e. you get ~100% incresed crit chance at point blank range?
Yes.
"
XaHyPuK wrote:
If so is it implemented in a similar way to Assasins Mark?
No, it's very different from assassin's mark - it's an increase to your critical strike chance, just like it says. Assassin's mark is an addition to the enemy's chance to be critically struck.
"
XaHyPuK wrote:
Is the range over which the projectiles loose the crit chance same as Point Blank's 1.5x to 0.5x?
No. See this post for more details.

"
menhowca wrote:
I have questions regarding the interaction between Lightning Warp and Remote Mine. Does the cast speed modifier still works or the mine overrides that status and make the cast instant?
Mines (and traps) do not cast things instantly. All cast speed modifiers still apply.
"
menhowca wrote:
Also, what run speed base does it uses?
Yours. It's casting your lightning warp skill, so uses your speed.

"
Fuego_Fiero wrote:
I have some questions about the reflect mechanics for The Chieftain notable Tukohama. This is reflected damage and as such does not benefit from any increases or decreases to player damage. I would guess it doesn't benefit from increases to Totem damage as well.
Correct. Reflected damage is spearate from you, it isn't calculated with your stats, so isn't affected by them.
"
Fuego_Fiero wrote:
But does elemental penetration affect it? I'm pretty sure Flammability should increase its damage, but does Fire Penetration Support do anything to this damage?
No. Reflected damage does not have your offensive stats, so cannot be affected by them.
"
Fuego_Fiero wrote:
How about ignite? Can it ignite from Chance to Ignite and can that be affected by Increased Burning Damage supports and passives? Could that ignite Proliferate? (Checking the Wiki makes this one seem unlikely as well)
Reflected damage cannot cause on-hit effects.
"
Fuego_Fiero wrote:
How big is the area affected by the reflect and can it be increased by Support Gems, Gear, or Passives?
The base range is 12. Since it originates from the totem, not you, and is not part of your skill being used by the totem, it will only be affected by the totem's modifiers to area, not yours - currently I don't believe there's any way to give them any such modifiers.
"
_DavidAegis_ wrote:
Context: Basicly we can choose a League Mod on the Map Device in our hideouts, that opens up and we can chance league specific unique items with an orb of chance.

When we meet a Zana , or doing our Zana Daily Mission, she opens up Maps with the Mods of
"4 additional Exiles" or
"beyond monster".

Are those mods the same we got on our map device?

Can I go Zanas Mission Map and start chancing Agate Amulets for Volls devotion when I read "4 additional Exiles" ?
No. The daily mod only does what it says. It doesn't apply a league.
"
_DavidAegis_ wrote:
How can I make only show up the Posts of Mark?
From the "Gameplay Help and Discussion" subforum, click on the "GGG" Icon beside this thread to see only posts from GGG staff. This works on any thread with GGG posts. Note that because of my very large reply which encompassed several pages of questions, this may take some time to load - I'm making one replay per page for now to reduce this effect.

"
RePoE_Man wrote:
Could you please explain how Growing Agony (viper strike threshold jewel) works? Does the per poison mechanic a) increase damage dealt by the player or b) increase damage taken by the enemy? I have the same question regarding The Taming + Emberwake combo.
They both say "increased damage", not "increased damage taken", and that's what they apply to. Anything affecting the damage taken by an entity, rather than damage dealt, says "taken" or "take".

"
PathOfOtter wrote:
This could probably be answered with a little testing, but: with the Guardian and Necromancer "Auras You Cast Grant X" notables, are these benefits scaled by increased Effect of Auras you Cast?
Yes. The auras are granting that bonus as part of their effect, so it's affected by things that modify the effect of the auras.

"
holytimes wrote:
I found a possible bug with Unstable Payload and Zero duration Traps. For the people who do not know If you use a sunblast belt and two Cheap Construction jewels you have zero duration on your traps. This means that after they have armed they trigger and go off.
Unstable payload effect is "x% Chance for Traps to Trigger an additional time". Sunblast's effect is "Traps Trigger at the end of their duration". So our key word here is trigger. Since we have zero duration we know that the moment they are armed they trigger and the jewel should give us a chance to trigger a second time. But it doesn't work.
Unstable payload by it self works if a mob or another player triggers the trap although so i know the problem isn't just the jewel not working.
This is not a bug. After a trap's duration is up, it can't persist, so it can't last long enough to re-arm and wait to trigger again - You only reach the end of your duration once, and then your duration is up and you can't do more. This was discussed in the past and the wording on Unstable Payload is likely to be improved at some point to make it more clear how it works.

"
Redblade wrote:
If totems, traps and mines aren't counted as "You/You've" why is it that I get corrupting blood stacks when killing corrupted bloodlines monsters with my mines?
Because of a known issue where degen kills from temporary objects need to be assigned to you since the traps/mines/totems might not exist at the time the kill occurs. This will be fixed in the long term.
"
Redblade wrote:
Also, if the logic is as we've been told before where the totem/trap/mine is the entity doing the killing and not you why is the Assassin's "Poison you inflict with critical strikes..." exempt from this as opposed to Chieftain's "Gain 20% of physical damage as fire if you've killed recently"?
The first is affecting your skills, and your totems use your skills, not their own. The second is checking state about your character (whether you've killed recently or not).
On-kill and on-hit descriptions are planned for a rework to make them more clear in the medium term, but other things have more priority at the moment.

"
Bored01 wrote:
Is Star of Wraeclasts Illusory Warp skill considered a cold skill? What other tags does it have? Movement? Duration?
It is a Spell, Movement, Duration, Cold, and Area skill.
"
sanddemon wrote:
http://poedb.tw/us/unique.php?n=Hrimburn

Is the burn damage from this cold based or fire based? Say I hit a mob for 100 cold damage and it burns - what happens if I use frostbite? flammability?
Ignite (and other burning) always deal fire damage.

"
Hi Mark, I am aware that reducing duration of dots (poison, bleed) does not strictly increase damage as its per second.

On that note though, suppose poison was reduced to 0.69 seconds, would it just do 69% of a tick damage?
Damage over time does not "tick" in the way you describe. It's constantly occuring. A poison dealing 100 damage per second for 0.69 seconds will deal 69 total damage, just like a car driving at 100km per hour for 0.69 hours will end up 69km from where it started.

"
TheTenthDoc wrote:
Does the first stage of Flameblast deal 100% tooltip damage, then each additional stage deals 110% more? This would result in a 10 stack Flameblast dealing 9*110% = 990% more damage, or 10.9x your tooltip.
Yes. I will look into making this clearer in the stat description when I get time.

"
Dragaxe wrote:
A question about Wild Strike, how are the secondary effects calculated?
Exactly the same as the initial hit, but with different sets of modifiers applying to the same base damage, such as none of them being affected by melee-specific modifiers, and the fire/cold ones being affected by area/projectile damage respectively.
"
Dragaxe wrote:
what are the ratios on the chosen effects?
Each effect is equally likely.
"
Dragaxe wrote:
And how exactly does it interact with support gems
The same as any other skill
"
Dragaxe wrote:
using Elemental Focus, with a full lightning build, I cant seem to shock or freeze, but mobs still get ignited every once in a while.
If you're certain you're not using Herald of Ash or some other igniting effect, please make a post in the bug reports forum including which character this occurs on and your reproduction steps so we can look into this.
"
Dragaxe wrote:
And how exactly is the tooltip calculated, is it just based on the initial hit, or does it take in to account the secondary procs?
The tooltip accounts only for the initial melee hit.

"
starklife wrote:
I've been playing with hiltless the new 2h reaver sword, and I was wondering if fortify is reducing the reflected damage it does to me.
Yes.

"
ogit wrote:
When do buffs affect a spell like flameblast? Say I'm using orb of storms to proc elemental overload - if the buff is triggered after I begin channeling flameblast, does it apply since it's active for the explosion? If the buff is active when channeling begins but times out before the explosion, it doesn't apply? Likewise, is crit for flameblast itself determined on explosion or when you begin channeling?

Debuffs (eg elemental equilibrium and curses) simply need to be active on explosion, right?
Flameblast calculates it's damage when it explodes. It couldn't possibly do it sooner since it needs to know the number of stages you channel it to to know it's damage.

"
Rodent1 wrote:
How is "8% reduced Elemental Damage Taken while at Maximum Endurance Charges" from the Unrelenting Juggernaut notable calculated? My initial thought was that it just removed a flat 8% from the final damage directed to the character, but it feels a lot more powerful than that in practice (which might just be me imagining things, I admit).
It's just the same as any other modifier to damage taken - it affects damage taken by the character, after all mitigation (resitances, etc). Since it's reduced, it will be additive with other increased/reduced damage taken modfiers, such as Fortify or Shock.
"
Saegys wrote:
Can a monster give the Punishment buff to the player with reflect?
No. The buff is only granted to things they hit with melee attacks.

"
xcamdacopx wrote:
Each Ichimonji give 10% increased buffs on you.
1) How does this interact with Elemental Conflux? Are the effects more potent or does it not buff it at all? (Are the Ignites doing increased damage? Is the Shock made more potent? Is the chill slower?)
Elemental Conflux is boolean. Damage either does or does not count towards applying a status ailment - you can't increase "does" by 10%. Similarly, it makes all hits apply each status ailment, and you can't increase "applies". It's already having as much effect as it can.
"
xcamdacopx wrote:
How does this interact with Golems and Liege of the Primordial? Is the 100% additive with Ichimonji?
Yes, as they are both "increased" modifiers applying to the same value (the effect of the buff).
"
xcamdacopx wrote:
2) How does this interact with Ranger's Avatar of the Chase Onslaught buff? The 50% is additive with Ichimonji(s)? How does this interact? (Dual Wield Ichimonji as a Raider and get 70% increased effect of Onslaught?)
No. Onslaught is not itself a buff, it's a bonus that can be granted by a buff (or by other things). A buff granting onslaught is saying "you have onslaught", and this is a boolean thing which cannot be increased. Having the onslaught property grants your character some numerical bonuses, which are what Avatar of the Chase is affecting.
"
xcamdacopx wrote:
3) Are Righteous Fire and Blood Rage's degeneration effect on the player made more potent? (This is currently what the wiki says is true)
Yes, those are buffs, and one of their effects is dealing damage to the player.
"
xcamdacopx wrote:
Dual wielding Ichimonji increases these effects additively, I assume? (From 10% to 20% buff effect)
Yes. "increased" modifiers to the same value stack additively.
"
xcamdacopx wrote:
Any additional hidden effects when buffs are scaled? Is there unfavorable or favorable rounding involved? (Arctic Armor, Blood Rage, etc)
Rounding is done as is standard in this game, by truncating values to just the integer part. Whether this is favourable or unfavourable depends on what's being rounded and how much of it there is.

"
Sungazer12 wrote:
If I get buffed in anyway i.e rallying cry, power or frenzy charges, phase run, etc, does the totems get the damage increase at the same time I do? Or do I have to recreate the totems for them to have the damage increase?
Totems are using your skills. Your skills benefit from the bonus when you do.

"
lokomotor wrote:
Does crafting +2 weapon range to weapon or adding AOE gem increase acquisition distance and attack range to Ancestral Warchief? What about increase AW radius helmet enchants.What is the default Acquisition and attack range of AW?
I don't know what you mean by "acquisition distance". Increasing weapon range will increase the range he can target at. Increasing AoE will increase the size of the AoE slam, and the range it can be targeted at, since the slam is restricted such that the edge of the area must be in range, not the centre.

"
Pekkanator wrote:
How does a multiplier to physical damage taken (Abyssus) interact with physical damage taken as X? Does it multiply the elemental damage since it in a way has been physical damage in the start of the calculation, similarily to how dealing converted damage works?
No. The point of "X damage taken as Y" modifiers is to change what things scale that damage. Increased physical damage taken will only apply to the physical damage you take, not damage of any other type.
"
Pekkanator wrote:
What do modifiers to area of effect exactly do to Bladefall? They don't seem to change its width. Do they lenthen/shorten the individual volleys and the distance between them?
Area modifiers affec radius. The volleys are effectively sections along the edge of a large circle. Increasing radius makes them "longer" (more distance from closest to furthest area covered from player). Increasing the "width" is effectivly changing the angle along that circle that's covered, which is not available as a modifier.
"
Pekkanator wrote:
Do the modifiers change the chance for monsters to be hit by multiple volleys?
Both the spacing and the "length" are increased the same, so the overlapping area is increased as well (but not as much if only the "length" was increased and they kept the same spacing).

"
_Interrupt_ wrote:
Does Shock "50% increased damage taken" also increase secondary damage of ignite/poison/bleed?
Damage taken modifiers affect all damage taken, including from damage over time. However, that damage is not secondary damage.

"
allirog wrote:
I've made several late game Doomfletch characters, and it sure seemed like the map mod Armoured (+20% physical damage resistance) was lowering my elemental damage as well as my physical. This suggests that Doomfletch does it's bonus damage on the actual hit, not based on the weapon attack like is usual. I figured this was a result of the unusual randomness in the attack. Is this true, or am I just wrong?
You are wrong. Damage conversion does not and cannot occur after mitigation. It applies to the damage stats of the item, before they're used to calculate damage for a hit. Armour has no effect on the elemental damage dealt.
"
allirog wrote:
Doomfletch's Prism, the new upgrade to Doomfletch, also doesn't add the damage to tooltip, even though it's not random and could be determined like other stats.
It is not random, but due to the way it works, it also cannot be determined that way in advance. This may be possible in future if it gets refactored.
"
allirog wrote:
The new Hrimburn grants "Cold damage can burn". If you are attacking with a mixed fire/cold damage attack while wearing Hrimburn and you crit, will the resulting burn be a combined cold and fire sized burn, or will each element apply a separate burn?
A hit can only apply one instance of each status ailment, and all damage that can contribute to that status ailment does so.

"
Drusek wrote:
I'm already stunned. I'm also hit by hit that will stun me. Can Cast when Stunned proc in that situation?
Yes.

"
zeus242 wrote:
If I socket the skill gem Elemental Focus into Whispering Ice, will my Icestorm be able to inflict status elements from elemental conflux? Not sure because it's indirectly supporting ice storm.
No, Icestorm cannot apply status ailments while supported by Elemental Focus.
"
Tonexus wrote:
What is the base trap/mine trigger radius?
The base Trap Trigger radius is 10. The base Mine targeting radius is 60.
"
Tonexus wrote:
Are the secondary damage types dealt by shrapnel shot and lightning arrow pure elemental damage?
Not unless you convert all the damage to elemental.
"
Tonexus wrote:
What are the stats of the minion generated by the "Of Reflection" glove enchantments?
It's a Clone, working the same as ones from Blink/Mirror arrow. Exact stats depend on the level of the skill and are too much detail for me to list here.
"
Tonexus wrote:
Does the life/mana recovery from the "War Bringer" occur before or after the damage from Scold's Bridle?
Before. If you're on very low life values, you'll gain the life in time for it to be a buffer against Scold's damage.
"
Tonexus wrote:
Since reflect mods reflect damage back to traps and traps have 1 life, does the "Chance for Traps to Trigger an additional time" never occur if a trap kills itself to reflect mobs?
Correct. Dead traps can't trigger.
"
Tonexus wrote:
Does turning on reservation skills, such as Anger, activate the "Mastermind of Discord" node?
Yes. You're using the skill.

"
Mark: The Assassin node "Toxic Delivery" notes "Poison Damage you inflict with crits deals 100% more damage", which is obvious in it's mechanics, but "Bleeds you inflict on Maimed enemies deals 100% more damage". If you apply Bleed and Poison on the first attack, and Maim on the second, will the bleed from the first hit benefit from the mod?
No. That was not a Bleed you inflicted on a Maimed enemy - you inflicted it on a non-maimed enemy.
More generally, DoT cannot update to account for changes in state.

"
ShinoRagnar wrote:
When using mjölner is it 30% chance for ALL gems to be cast, or is it checked once per gem?
It's one chance to cast all the socketed lightning spells.
"
ShinoRagnar wrote:
Mjölner + Romira's Banquet + Resolute Technique
If i have Mjölner Equipped with 3 discharge gems and Romira's Banquet + Resolute Technique. Will all 3 discharges go off when i hit something? Since each discharge creates its own Power Charge that is then consumed by the next discharge gem?
Yes
"
ShinoRagnar wrote:
Max slow - Temporal Chains + Slows
Can monsters be slowed more than 75% when using temp chains + slows like chill/tar etc?
Tar is not a slow, it's reduced movement speed. There is no cap on Slow (if there was, Freeze wouldn't work - it's a 100% slow). There is a specific cap on the effect of Temporal Chains, at 75%, but this does not affect other slows.
"
ShinoRagnar wrote:
if i have
* 'double armor' and a body armor with 1000 armor
or
* A body armor with 2000 armor
is the same thing, right?
Yes. It doubles the amount of armour the item grants, which is then modified by your global modifiers to armour.

"
Walkhorn wrote:
how does Barrage actually funktion, do I hit more often when i stand in melee range and how are additional projectiles added in?
The projectiles have a small amount of variance in where they aim, so they'll spread more the further out they fly. This makes hitting closer entities easier than further ones.
Additional projectiles are fired one at a time after the bse projectiles - Bararge already has the additional projectiles stat to fire more than one. adding to it just adds to the number if fires.

"
Xapti wrote:
However, from my testing it seems like [Mine Trigger Radius] does not affect certain skills which target enemies, such as a mine that throws a trap, or a mine that casts Arc, or Lightning Warp (I think). Is this normal/intended, or a bug?
All skills that the mine targets enemies with are affected by the mine trigger radius. Note that this is a maximum - it won't let the mine target an enemy that's within the mine trigger radius but outside the range of the skill (the same is true of trap trigger radius).

"
Vipermagi wrote:
Hey Mark, what's your stance on butting in all over the place? :) I'd keep it to questions I am 100% absolutely certain about. The biggest point (to me) is, they won't show up when filtered by Staff posts, making the answers somewhat harder to track down.
I'm answering all the questions myself, save those that are off-topic for the thread or I've already answered in previous posts, so while you're free to do it, it's somewhat wasted work.

"
cuchio wrote:
Does MoM effect status ailment and stuns? E.g. i get hit for 100 damage is the stun calculated from 100 damage or 70 damage?
You took 100 damage, the stun was calculated on the damage you took. MoM does nothing at all to modify how much damage you take, just where it's taken from.

"
cuchio wrote:
Vortex seems to chill even if it's connected to Elemental Focus. According to the Wiki it shouldn't(Wiki:"The drawback of this gem will override all elemental-status-inflicting effects of the supported skill or passive skills, as well as buffs such as Elemental Conflux.").
Vortex (the skill) will not chill with it's cold damage while affected by this support. The ground effect it leaves behind is a spearate thing that happens to apply chill, but is not the skill applying chill.
"
Visca wrote:
When you cast a single firestorm and deal 3 hits to the monsters A and B...
-If you crit, you crit A & B (no assassin's mark).

This is both backwards and incomplete.
If you critically strike either A or B, then you count as having crit with the skill (not the other way around). The crit roll being the same for the whole skill means that if your chance to crit against both A and B is the same, you'll crit both or niether, but Assassin's Mark is not the only thing that could cause such a difference. Any conditional or enemy-specific crit chance modifier could do this.
"
Visca wrote:
If A is cursed with Assassin's mark, one possible outcome is that A recives a crit and B doesn't.
Yes. In this case, you still count as having crit with the skill.
"
Visca wrote:
If you crit, you wear Voll's protector, you get 6 power charges.
Yes.
"
Visca wrote:
If you crit, you support firestorm with power charge on crit level 1, you have 35% chance to get a power charge.
If you crit, you support firestorm with power charge on crit level 1, you have 92.4% chance to get a power charge (because the chance to roll for a power charge is different in each hit. But with a maximum of 1 because PCOC is limited to 1 charge per cast).
Each critical strike you get has a 35% chance to generate a power charge, but you can't gain more than one. In theory this should be a 35% chance to gain a charge if you get a crit (i.e. if you get at least one critical strike on A or B), but if you fail that roll, the skill doesn't know it tried, so will re-roll on each subsequent hit - the knowledge that you've already tried to gain a power charge for the crit is only possible if you have the charge. So it will currently keep rolling on each hit.
"
Visca wrote:
If you don't crit, and you have Unstable Infusion, A receives 3 hits, B receives 3 hits, you have 10% chance to gain a power charge.
-If you don't crit, and you have Unstable Infusion, A receives 3 hits, B receives 3 hits, you have 46.8% chance to gain a power charge (because the chance to roll for a power charge is different in each hit).
As above.
"
Visca wrote:
If you don't crit, you support firestorm with elemental proliferation (0% quality), and you have 15% chance to ignite, A receives 3 hits, B receives 3 hits, you have 15% chance to ignite the pack (and elemental proliferation is pretty much useless).
-If you don't crit, you support firestorm with elemental proliferation (0% quality), and you have 15% chance to ignite, A receives 3 hits, B receives 3 hits, you have 62.3% chance to ignite the pack (because the chance to roll for ignite is different in each hit).
Each hit has a 15% chance to ignite the monster being hit. That ignite will be based on that hit, and will proliferate to other enemies within a small radius. It's highly unlikely that one ignite will hit an entire pack unless you've gone to effort to compact them in, and even if it can, elemental proliferation is still not useless, as every hit proliferates, and since the strongest ignite applies, more individual hits igniting means some will roll more fire damage, and thus a stronger ignite, than others. Igniting each monster individually without proliferation is less good than igniting each monster idividually with proliferation, because if one of them rolls high, all of the enemies wi proliferation range take that higher damage.
"
Visca wrote:
If you crit, and you have a surgeon flask, A receives 3 hits, B receives 3 hits, you have 20% chance to get a flask charge for 1 cast (doesn't matter the amount of hits or enemies).
-If you crit, and you have a surgeon flask, A receives 3 hits, B receives 3 hits, you have 20% chance to get a flask charge for each enemy (doesn't matter the amount of hits, but you can get up to 2 flask charges). (I think this is wrong, but to have it covered...)
-If you crit, and you have a surgeon flask, A receives 3 hits, B receives 3 hits, you have 73.8% chance to get a flask charge (the chance to get a flask charge is calculated on each of the 6 hits, but you get a max of 1 charge).
-If you crit, and you have a surgeon flask, A receives 3 hits, B receives 3 hits, you have a 20% chance to get a flask charge for every hit (a minimum of 0 and a max of 6).
Each hit has it's own chance, but you'll only be able to get one, just like the charges.
"
Visca wrote:
Is the Romira's Banquet and Herald of Thunder incompatibility intended? (because it is, right? was hard to test, I tested without increased critical strikes supports too).
They are not incompatable. However, Herald of Thunder has the same restriction as any normal skill that it can only gain one charge per skill use, so once you've got that one charge, you'd need to refresh the Herald to get another. This is likely to be changed in a future patch.
"
Visca wrote:
When Herald of Thunder + increased critical strikes crits, does it crit for all the bolts it launches on his duration (6.0 seconds)?
Each bolt has it's own crit roll. They are independant.
"
Visca wrote:
Killing a shocked enemy while herald of thunder is active, augments the time it is active, start a "new" herald of thunder's "rain" (see previous question) or works as other status ailments (active the most powerful but when it expires the weak keeps working).
When you kill a shocked enemy, it creates a set of lightning bolts. This is not an effect on you or a status ailment. Each set of bolts is independant (and has it's own location).
"
Visca wrote:
Herald of Thunder + Increased Critical Strikes + Power charge on crit: How often will it roll for a power charge? every time a bolt falls? only once for the entire duration of the herald of thunder duration (and to be able to get another charge only when there is a moment without herald of thunder active)? Or basically just any of the prior iterations
Just like the above charge-gainging cases, it will roll on eahc time the event occurs, until you get the charge.
"
Visca wrote:
And what are the differences between Herald of Thunder and Blade vortex hits.
Most things. They are very different skills, and trying to list all the differences here is beyond the scope of this thread. I need to know what in particular you want to know about the functionality of the skills.
"
Visca wrote:
Is the Vaal Righteous Fire and Spell Totem incompatibility intended or not?
Yes. Vaal Righteous Fire cannot be totemified. It's fundamental to the design of the skill that it's drawback apply to the player.
"
Visca wrote:
Does a Jewel socket on the tree count as a passive node?
Technically, yes. I'm not aware of any way in which this could matter.
"
Visca wrote:
If traps can hit, why curse on hit won't work with them?
Because the skill you used that was linked to Curse on Hit and a Curse threw a trap but never hit anything, and the skill the trap was the trap's only skill, and had no curses to apply. Traps do not have sockets. when you trappify a skill, you're changing that skill to create a trap that will have only that skill, and none of your other ones.
"
Visca wrote:
What category of items are jewels and flasks if they're not "equipable items"?
Outside of their item classes, which are just jewels and flasks, they're items. There isn't any other category.
"
Visca wrote:
Righteous fire + Hypotermia. Why doesn't work?
As discussed previously in the thread, conditional modifiers to damage can't apply to damage over time.
"
AlsoD wrote:
I've seen multiple people reporting that Blast Rain can't miss. Is that the case? If so is this a bug or working as intended (due to the explosions being secondary damage or something?).
As mentioned previously in the thread, Blast Rain was bugged and incorrectly checking spell dodge rather than regular evasion+dodge.
"
AlsoD wrote:
How does that affect crit confirmation rolls?
Not at all. The bug only applied to the initial hit check.
"
AlsoD wrote:
How does the "attacks can't miss" mod affect crit confirmation rolls?
There is no "attacks can't miss" mod. There's a "hits can't be evaded" mod, and it means evasion does nothing against those hits, including when confirming the crit.
"
What is the base (average) range of a ethereal knives projectile (with no increased/reduced projectile speed)?
The projectiles move at an average speed of close to 120 units/s for roughly 0.25 seconds of travel before they stop colliding with things, putting their effective range at somewhere around 30ish units. Then inherently have a variation of +/-40% base speed, but the average will be around 30.
"
What is the base (average) range of a freezing pulse projectile?
Similar calculation of around 165ish speed and 0.375s travel time suggests 60ish units.
"
Is there any rule of thumb what's the actual range of 'nearby enemies'?
No. "Nearby" is specifically (and only) meant to indicate that there is a range on an effect, not anything about what that range is.
"
What is the range of the singularity platinum sceptre?
25 units.
"
Assume I equip drillneck and hit a monster which is cursed with projectile weakness with a spark/ethereal knives/.. projectile linked to the pierce gem such that I have 100% chance to pierce. How much increased projectile damage bonus is applied?
100%. Pierce chance can never be more than 100%.
"
If a monster is effected by poison damage over some time and suffers additional damage due to a curse (projectile weakness/vulnerability/..). Does this change immediately when the curse ends?
Yes.
"
Jfr0st wrote:
if I use an item like 'Cospri's Will' or 'Voidheart' to cauze poison on hit, and link any melee attack skill with Void Manipulation, will Void Manipulation inrease the damage of the poison dot?
Yes.
"
menhowca wrote:
Does herald of ice secondary effect work when the monster is shattered with spells cast through remote mine?
No. You haev the Herald buff, but didn't shatter the enemy, and the mine did shatter the enemy, but does not have the Herald buff.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
This post needs a better format. There's no way to filter out all the noise. Noise is inappropriate questions. Noise is incorrect answers.
Ed: This post is noise too
There's a valid concern here, but I'm fine filtering out such "noise" manually, and not including it in my responses (with this exception, because this is worth discussing). I've updated the OP to include a link to the thread filtered to just my posts, so people can just get answers (with their associated questions) that way.
There may be more on the way to help people sort through and find the answers they're interested in, but I can't say anything for sure yet.
"
psyzero wrote:
1) Does the Gladiator Outlast and Outmatch endurance charge gain trigger on shield themed abilties? Reckoning and shield charge are the only two I can think of at the moment. Or do those count as dealing damage with your actual weapon?
Those skills are both attacks, which are performed with your weapons.
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
Spoiler
2.5Mb gif here.
Character (using Voll's Protector, Commandment of Frost enchantment on gloves) perform default attack on undamaged low level mob, rolls crit, do damage equal or higher than 90% mob's life pool (crit strikes have culling strike), kills the mob, triggers 'on kill' enchantment and getting 2 power charges.

Where is 2nd power charge comes from?
Definitely it's Commandment of Frost crit (there were no other mobs around)

Does it mean 'dead' mobs leave targetable 'body' for some time after death, before 'body hit the floor'?
Not for any time, no, but Commandment Of Frost happens during the killing hit - as an on-kill triggered effect, it is part of the process of the monster dying, so the monster hasn't finished dying when the enchantment skill hits it again.
This is on the list to improve long-term, but since it's rare and doesn't cause any real problems, is fairly low priority.
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
How does Commandment of Winter work?
Unleashes a traveling icy projectile that pulses with cold
Is it the same mechanic as Ball Lightning?
No. Ball Lightning does no pulse, it sends bolts of lightning at specific targets independantly. The "of Winter" skills have a projectile that periodically deals area damage around it as it travels. This is the same mechanic as the pulsing projectiles used by the "Maelstom" monsters.
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
What is travel distance limit
The skill does not have an specific limit. Projectiles are limited to 150 units by the game, though.
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
pulse period
0.2 seconds
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
projectile hitbox size
2 units radius, although this is only relevant for terrain, since the projectile always pierces.
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
base projectile speed
Roughly 30ish units per second.
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
base min-max damage, pierce chance
This information is available from looking at the skill popup in game.
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
pvp penalty T constant?
It doesn't override this value.
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
How far from the character Spectral Throw projectiles are created (in units)? Is it based on weapon range like Molten Strike projectiles?
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
projectile spells, how far from the character projectiles are created? is there some default constant for the spells or each spell got it own 'projectile spawnpoint' distance based on the spell cast animation?
All projectiles originate from the edge of the player object, roughly 3 units from the player's centre (but varying with angle, as units measurements can only be integer, so rounding occurs).
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
What is Spectral Throw projectile hitbox size (1x3, 2x5 units or so), how does it affected by weapon type?
All projectiles (and other game entities) are squares, defined by a radius (the squares are circles defined by using manhatten distance). Spectral Throw's radius is half of the weapon's base range (rounded down).
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
Singularity Platinum Sceptre
Can it be increased with modifiers to AoE from the character tree or gear?
No. The aura is a property of the item, not your character.
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
Lets say character has 1 maximum Energy Shield, 10% ES regen per second and can't recharge energy shied (at all) will it regenerate full (1) ES over 10 seconds
Yes
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
Lets say character has 1 maximum Energy Shield and 20% Energy Shield Recharge per second,
will it recharge 1 ES over 5 seconds after es recharge delay expired
Yes
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
"Immune to Elemental Status Ailments during Flask Effect"
If ailment was applied before flask has been used will ailment effect exist during flask effect duration?
Yes, currently.
So, basically is it possible to be ignited or shocked before and take burn damage over time or extra damage from the shock while having Elemental Status Ailments immunity? Does that immunity mean immunity to 'on hit effect' only?[/quote]Yes, currently.

We are currently changing descriptions to better distinguish between granting "immunity to X" and "cannot be affected by X" (shortened to "cannot be Xed" where applicable). Once this change is finished and made live (currently planned as part of 2.4.0, but that could change), gaining immunity to something will remove instances of that thing, in addition to preventing new instances, while "cannot be affected by" will prevent new effects applying, but not remove existing ones. You'll see this in patch notes when it makes it to live.
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
Which order used to apply on hit effects, specially Bleed, Poison, Maim?
Arbitrary and with no mechanical consequence.
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
Is it possible to apply Bleed, Poison and Maim by a single 'lucky' hit if Noxious Strike (assassin) node is allocated?
Yes, but only if the enemy was already bleeding and poisoned. Noxious Strike cannot apply poison unless you hit a bleeding enemy. If you hit a non-bleeding enemy, and caused them to bleed, you still hit a non-bleeding enemy.
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
Is it possible to apply Poison (via Poison Support) and Maim with single hit vs not (previously) poisoned target if Noxious Strike (assassin) node is allocated?
See above.
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
How does Remote Mine pick a direction to cast linked Frost Wall if there is no target in the Mine Detonation Radius? is it random
Yes, it's random.
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
What is base Trap Trigger Radius, Mine Detonate Radius?
10 and 60 respectively.
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
Cyclone 'minimum travel distance' value?
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
Beacon of Corruption (necromancer's node) poison cloud base radius?
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
Minion Instability explosion base radius?
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
Does Reflected Physical Damage dealt by the character (on block while The Anvil equipped) can be increased by global or global physical damage?
Reflected damage cannot be affected by damage modifiers.
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
Can Reflected Physical Damage be blocked/dodged?
Yes, if the triggering damage was dodgeable/blockable.
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
does it affected by pvp damage reduction?
Yes.
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
Enemies you Curse have -15% Chaos Resistance
Does it stack if more than one curse applied?
No. There is one modifier, with a value of -15%, that applies to one set of things - enemies you've cursed. Something either is an enemy you've cursed or is not.
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
How does Rapid Assault (20% chance to get Onslaught for 3 seconds on Kill) and Graceful Assault (10% chance to get Onslaught for 3 seconds on Kill) nodes interact? is it separate 20% and 10% chance or single 30% roll?
They are providing the same thing - you get a total 30% chance.
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
What formula used to calculate Bear Trap immobilization effect duration?
Base duration is 150ms per % of enemy max life dealt as damage, to a maximum of 1/3 of max life.
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
Blast Rain
Fires an arrow up in the air, which splits and rains down in a series of explosions over an area. The explosions will always overlap on the targeted area
What is the blast base radius?
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
Is it possible for Blasts to overlap exactly?
Yes
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
What is overlap area minimum size?
Technically, the exact targeted location. If you're not reducing the radius of the Blasts, then a 3-unit circle around that location.
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
Is Blast Rain animation always match actual 'blast' position?
Yes
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
How long does the knockback action take? if it moves character on 4 units, does it take into account character's movement speed or 'knockback speed' is a sort of constant?
Knockback speed is constant, and is 37.5 units/s.
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
does knockback 'animation duration' affected by the Temporal Chains? Hinder? Maim?
Knockback does not involve any animations at all. In addition, Hinder and Maim only affect movement speed, they are not slow effects like Temporal Chains.
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
If bleeding character takes 100 physical damage over time per second while stand still and 600 physical damage over time per second while moving, how much damage the character will take over 3 second if it will be knocked back 3 times during that period?
This can be worked out from the above info for a "perfect" case if you want, but in practice will vary because things have to be placed at an integer position, so angles change how far exactly things actually move (And thus how long they're moving for, since speed is constant).
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
How much damage character takes per movement skill use while affected by Endless Hazard?
20% of life + 12% of ES (if ES is protecting life)
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
Can the damage be reduced/increased/mitigated/avoided?
It can be mitigated, but not avoided.
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
What is the damage type?
Physical.
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
What T value used to calculate Vortex cold damage over time pvp reduction?
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
User-side it looks like if slow or 'long life' projectile was created outside of 'some' range from the character the projectile 'become invisible'.
What circumstances could cause hostile projectiles don't display on client?
Entities that are too far from any player are "asleep" and take no actions. Entities that are outside this sleep range of your player specifically, do not exist on your client (but may still be awake if in range of a different player. The exception to this is other players, who are always awake. If another player fires a projectile while outside your sleep range, it may not be able to create the projectile on your client.
This is unlikely to cause any actual mechanical effect, due to projectiles being unable to travel as far as the sleep range.
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
Does Hypothermia Support grants additional damage on hit vs target affected by Chilled Ground?
Chilled ground applies Chill, so yes.
"
bridgeburner wrote:
Does increased AOE (from any source) affect the distance that Contagion/Essence Drain will travel when it jumps to nearby enemies? Or is the "nearby" a set number?
Yes, Contagion spreads itself and Essence Drain within it's area of effect when an aflicted enemy dies.

"
Ravine wrote:
How does the Enchantment "of War" Creates an animated copy of your current weapon. ( http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Decree_of_War ) interacts with The Dancing Dervish when it's in Manifest Dancing Dervish ?
(I unfortunately cannot test it right now, otherwise I wouldn't pollute the questions thread)

I'm confused by the wording, as the Decree states "of your current weapon". However, when Dancing Dervish is active, it disables the weapons slots, so what is the "current weapon" at this stage? Is it still The Dancing Dervish (even though it's disabled)? Is it "nothing" (meaning that we're not getting any effect from the Decree)?
While your weapon is disabled, you are unarmed, and do not have a current weapon. Skills that require a weapon, such as the "of War" skills, cannot be used while unarmed.

"
Ravine wrote:
Same question with the Decree Of Reflection (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Decree_of_Reflection "Creates a clone of you that attacks with your weapon."). If this spawns a close with the Dancing Dervish when Manifest Dancing Dervish is active, or does it spawn a clone unarmed? If I'm using Facebreaker, does the clone uses Facebreaker as well?
It will summon a Clone, but be unable to give it (a copy of) your weapon. The Clone does not have any of your other gear, so will be unarmed and deal it's base unarmed damage.

"
zzang wrote:
if you are using righteous fire which says you burn for 90% of your max life and 70% of your max energy shield when you are using eldritch battery.
Does the Energy shield still count and both will add up and burn your life for that (70% ES + 90% Life)?
Yes. Energy Shield is still Energy Shield, regardless of what it's protecting.
"
zzang wrote:
Is the mechanic the same with blood rage?
Yes.

"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
I'm running a vortex build with pyre ring. Is the degen base off the damage dealt or the damage a monster takes?
Those are the same thing.
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
I'm currently using elemental weakness but I think Vulnerability is better. Is this right?
That depoends on what other modifiers to damage taken are on the monster, and what it's resistances are.

"
PinkPummy wrote:
When I combine the unique Belt Auxium
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Auxium
with the passive keynote Eldritch Battery
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Eldritch_Battery
Does it still count my ES for the chill and freeze duration
Yes. Eldritch Battery does not say anything at all about removing your ES. It just changes what ES protects. You still have exactly as much ES as you had before taking Eldritch Battery, it's just doing something else now.

"
derberherbert wrote:
Does the Slower Projectiles Support Gem and %increased Projectile Damage passive nodes increase the damage of the Explosive Arrow Explosions?
Yes, the explosions deal projectile damage.

"
Harest wrote:
Are there restrictions regarding some prophecies got from Navali and which ones ? I've the feeling some prophecies can only be obtained from a specific act, is it the case ?
No. Only character level and difficulty affect which prophecies can be generated for a character.

"
Based on Abyssal Cry's lack of mentioned damage effectiveness, can we assume the effect is at 100%?
Yes
"
Does the cold damage, or other flat added damage, actually get added to the explosion?
Yes
"
Would flat added spell damage like on Apep's Rage work on Abyssal Cry?
No. Abyssal Cry does not deal spell damage, so additional spell damage can't apply. The explosion is secondary (non-spell, non-attack) damage.
"
Along those lines, what about (Vaal) Detonate Dead and Infernal Blow? Does flat added spell damage apply to their corpse explosions too? And at 100% effectiveness?
They are the same - the explosions are secondary damage, not spell or attack damage.
"
I've also noticed Explosive Arrow can be supported by Added Cold. Obviously the weapon attack portion of it benefits from the support, but what about the secondary explosion? Does that get any benefit from added cold, or other "adds X to attacks" or "adds X to spells" mods? What about generic added mods like on some boot enchantments?
This is also the same.
"
What gems without the spell tag benefit from stuff like Added Cold?
Any that hit something for damage. This includes, but is not limited to, all attack skill gems.

"
SirDragos wrote:
Quick Aside: I understand how it uses the first 40% of the total 'cast time' to wind up and the remaining 60% to evenly shoot the total projectiles, however many there are.
You really seem to be overthinking this. There is no reason to call this the 'cast time', as Barrage is an attack, and is not cast. Attacks do not have a cast time, they have an attack time. The base attack time is defined by the weapon, and is modified by attack speed modifiers.
Barrage is exactly the same as a normal attack in this respect. It's not doing anything special at all, just acting like any other attack.
"
SirDragos wrote:
How is the 'cast time' for Barrage modified by attack speed?
As mentioned above, there is no cast time, nor anything like it. Barrage has an attack time in exactly the same way as any other attack - the base comes from the weapon and it's modified by attack speed modifiers. Just like (almost) every other attack.
"
SirDragos wrote:
Does base weapon speed interact at all with Barrage?
I don't understand where this fits into the equation, as there is no equivalent in spells.
Yes. There's no equivalent in spells, but there is in attacks, which Barrage is.
Well, after the crunch for the 2.4.0 patch, a trip to Christchurch, and some time putting out fires and fixing horrible crashes in the wake of the release, I've scrounged enough time to answer another page of questions.
"
PoR0 wrote:
I got but one question. How does Daresso fight work? I have developed a deep hatred towards it since he seems to just shit on all evasion/dodge based builds.
Which of his attacks are spells and what part of them can be dodged? Are the Blade tornadoes spells or some physical DoT that cant be evaded or dodged?

Daresso himself uses 6 skills (technically 8, but 3 are are strafe/jump moves in different directions that deal no damage, so we can safely ignore those three for this discussion).
  • His enrage skill is automatic - he uses it each time a quarter of his life is removed. It grants him a buff increasing attack speed that lasts a short duraiton, except for the last time he uses it, in which case the duration is infinite.
  • The "clones" skill is an attack projectle skill that spawns the projectiles from locations around the player with a short delay. The projectiles look like icy clones of daresso, but are regular attack projectiles in all respects.
  • His attack combo/triple strike is a single target melee attack skill that does three sequential hits. The final hit has a percentage of physical damage as extra cold damage. This attack is currently bugged in a way that skips the evasion/dodge check. This will be fixed in future. Interestingly, Double Strike has a similar bug, but only on the second hit.
  • His reave skill is similar to the player Reave, but does three waves per skill, rather than one, increasing radius each time. 100% of the physical damage of this attack is converted to cold, and this skill has Resolute Technique (always hit, never crit).
  • His charge skill is a modified Whirling Blades. It's pretty much just like the player version.
  • He also has the default melee attack, just like most things do.

In addition to the above, there's one skill that isn't used by Daresso himself, but happens around him (similar to the skills that can cast around the player from shrines), which is the Sword Clouds. These are a spell that repeatedly hits anything in their area for physical damage. This spell cannot stun.

So only one spell (Sword Clouds) deals damage (which avoids evasion due to being a spell), one attack (reave) always hits (but can be dodged) via RT, and one attack (triple strike) is bugged and currently ignores evasion/dodge as a result of that bug.

This is a lot of information that took a lot of time to compile. I may have to skip questions in future that are too broad and ask the questioner to be more specific, in order to be able to get to other people's questions faster.

"
cloakeddk wrote:
Can you clarify how the three types of charges actually do affect enemies and minions?
By default, all monsters have a maximum of 3 for each charge type, and the following stats:
15% increased Attack Speed per Frenzy Charge
15% increased Cast Speed per Frenzy Charge
5% increased Movement Speed per Frenzy Charge
4% more Damage per Frenzy Charge
15% additional Physical Damage Reduction per Endurance Charge
+15% to all Elemental Resistances per Endurance Charge
200% increased Critical Strike Chance per Power Charge

"
DarkHound wrote:
I have a bow with 100 Phys damage, local to the weapon. I link Puncture with the trap support gem, does the bow damage effect the resulting damage at all?
Traps and mines, just like totems, are using your skills, not their own. This means those skills use your stats, inlcuding your currently equipped weapon in the case of attacks.
"
DarkHound wrote:
Along the same lines would aura`s like Herald of Fire/Hatred have the same effect?
Herald of Fire is not an aura, it's a buff skill.
This buff is on you, so it's stat modifications are applying to your skills, including the one used by the trap. However, Heralds have additional effects when the thing with the buff kills something under specific circumstances, and since the trap doesn't have the actual buff, it can't trigger those.
Hatred is similar - if it's affecting your stats, your skill as used by the trap is affected. The trap itself can't be affected by the aura, and it wouldn't be useful if it could, since that would affect the Trap's offensive stats, that would affect it's own skills (which is doesn't have).
"
DarkHound wrote:
Also, I know traps cannot leech, but if one used the Assassins Mark Curse is the life on hit applied to me or the trap (ergo does nothing)?
Trap can leech, but the leech goes back to the trap, because they're the thing that dealt the leeching hit. Life on hit is the same.

"
MustacheGolem wrote:
When I use itens like Bramblejack or Non unique itens with Damage return, Is the damage those deal affected by my %increased physical damage or %increased damage and stuff like that?
No, reflected damage is unaffected by any modifiers (except a few rare modifiers specifically to reflected damage).

"
skieZ wrote:
I wondered if proliferated burns apply Item Rarity and Item Quantity?
Yes.

"
If you use Fortify, Sibyl's lament, and the Headsman passive from Slayer, do you achieve 100% reduced damage from physical reflect? Or does fortify only reduces 20% of the 20% left after sibyl's and Headsman.
Those are all reduced modifiers to damage taken, they stack additively. This totals 100% reduced physical reflected damage taken (which will still be additive with other reduced or increased modifiers to damage taken, such as Shock).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info