Mechanical Questions Thread

"
Wooser69 wrote:
What is the amount of increased damage taken applied by a sentinel of that type, and can the effect stack if within multiple areas applying the same debuff?
Assuming you're talking about the "Endless Pain" Sentinel traps in the labyrinth, those apply 50% increased damage taken.

"
Felix35071 wrote:
This would mean other degens (Death's Oath, Bleed, Ignite, etc) would also not count as main/offhand and so would not grant charges, correct?
Correct.

"
Mothren wrote:
What is the formula to calculate the time between a blast rain's first explosion and the arrow drawn animation by the character?
There is not a formula to calculate this, nor is there a specific "arrow drawn" animation on the character.

Using Blast Rain plays it's attack animation, which includes drawing an arrow. This animation takes the attack time of the skill to complete. At the point in that animation where the arrow is realeased (which may differ slightly between classes), the skill "goes off" and starts waiting for the explosions to fall. There's a 600ms delay before the first explosions falls (which is affected by modifiers to both attack speed and projectile speed), and the falling animation takes 270ms (cannot be modified).

"
Is the monster accuracy on the wiki correct (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Monster_accuracy) ?
No.

"
Does the character sheet still stop increasing the level of enemies assumed for these sorts of calculations(also, which level) ?
The character panel, for stats which are calculating an estimate against an average monster of your level, will use a monster of level 84 if your level is higher than that.

"
When using Multistrike/Spell Echo with a Diamond flask, does the additional roll of the lucky effect happen once for each attack/spell in a set or once for all hits?
It affects the crit roll, which is only made once per skill use.
"
What happens when the diamond flask runs out before you completed all attacks/casts in a set?
Nothing. The crit roll for the skill was already made.
"
SUPEROUMAN wrote:
Does the Gladiator's bleed explosion work with minions?
That stat applies to Bleeding enemies you kill. If your minions kill them, then they would need to have that stat to cause the explosion, and I don't believe that's currently possible.
"
SUPEROUMAN wrote:
Do both the Gladiator's bleed explosion and montregul's explosion happen?
In a hyppothetical case where you manage to get a Zombie that has the Gladiator stat, they would both occur, yes.

"
Jintoboy wrote:
How does melee damage on full life interact with the ancestral totems?
Does the damage bonus depend on the character's life or the totems' life?
The character's. The support is granting your skill a bonus which is based on your life. The totems are using your skill - they don't have their own skill, which would have a bonus based on their life.

"
Saltizard wrote:
If you have 95% crit chance and use a blasphemy Assassin's Mark, does it allow you to bypass the 95% cap and reach 100% or will it still be caped at 95% chance anyway?
Your critical strike chance is capped to 95%, but since the modifier on Assassin's Mark doesn't modify your critical strike chance, it is seperate to that. An enemy can end up having 100% total chance to be critically struck in this case.

"
Felix35071 wrote:
Do strongboxes (explosion, ice nova, caustic cloud, etc) or totems in maps benefit from "monsters have X% increased AoE" mods?
Yes.
"
Felix35071 wrote:
Similarly, what are the differences in strongbox mods as you level? Ice Nova appears to get increased AoE the higher the monster level, are other mods affected as well?
The monsters summoned and skills used will all match the mosnter level of the area. What that scaling changes about a skill depnds on the skill, but any skill that deals damage probably deals more of it at higher levels.
"
Felix35071 wrote:
What percentage of the monster pool is made up of guest monsters?
It currently depends on difficulty, and I can't say yet what exactly will change with that in 3.0.0. Maps are 80% guest monsters, unless they have the "increased monster variety" mod.
"
Felix35071 wrote:
What is the least used combat mechanic? (or is this too broad a question?)
That's both too broad, and not really a mechanical question. I don't know much about usage data.
"
Felix35071 wrote:
Line of sight is required for many AoE skills to deal damage... This seems disjointed to me when a skill visually impacts an enemy but deals no damage. Is this required mechanically or is it a design decision?
It's mechanically necessary in order to meet the basic design requirement that you can't freely murder things on the other side of walls which have no way to get back at you.

"
sherkhan wrote:
Does Atziri's Promise add chaos damage to the fuse/fire secondary damage from the Explosive Arrow skill?
Technically it does not "add" damage, but the "Gain x% of Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos Damage during effect" mod will apply to the explosion, yes.
"
Based on some testing I did in dried lakes, it appears that Shield Charge's "200% more damage at max charge distance" multiplier does not affect poison/bleed damage. Based on the wording, it sounds like it's an unrestricted "more" modifier on all damage dealt by shield charge. Compare that to Earthquake's "more" damage effect on aftershock, which is also an unrestricted "more" modifier and yet EQ double dips on poison/bleed while Shield Charge doesn't. Similarly, supporting shield charge with conc effect allows conc effect's "more" modifier to double dip on poison/bleed as well.

It seems like shield charge's actual effect is either 200% more melee damage or 200% more attack damage considering it does not double dip poison/bleed. If that's intentional, I feel like that should be specified in the tooltip.
You are incorrect about Earthquake. Aftershock Damage modifier does not apply to any DoT created by the aftershock hit - it works the same way as shield charge. Damage over Time is not an Aftershock, nor does it have a meaningful value of "charge distance" that could let it benefit from that modifier.

In 3.0.0, all such modifiers are being reviewed, and some will change to apply to DoT aplied by their hits as well, since their application to the hit no longer has a knock-on effect on ailment damage. In addition, all such stat descriptions will be being reviewed, so any modifiers like this which do not apply to Damage over Time will be more clearly described in 3.0.0.

As such, the above answer is only valid for the current state of the game, and will no longer be accurate in 3.0.0.

"
cezar_sl wrote:
If I have Fireball with 100% chance to ignite, linked with Less Duration, Increased Duration and Rapid Decay, do either of the support gems affect the Fireball or the ignite?
No. Fireball cannot be supported by those support gems (at least, not without including other supports as well), and skill effect duration modfiers do not apply to ailments such as ignite.

"
SteKrz wrote:
Lets say I use Earthquake linked to Rapid Decay and Hypothermia, and I wear Voidheart ring. Would those supports scale poison and bleed?
Rapid Decay would. Hypothermia would not, because conditional effects on the enemy do not apply to damage over time. The stat descriptions of such effects will be reworked in 3.0.0 to make it more clear they do not apply.

"
Daimonidlo wrote:
I was faced with such a problem - I wear Cospri's Will and use 2 skills supported by Item Rarity Support (Essence Drain + ... + IR and Abyssal Cry + ... + Void Manipulation + IR) at one point I realized that I have no idea how it works/interact.

I read from Bex_GGG posts

"

There is no way to decide which degeneration effect killed an enemy, so it picks the one that has been on the monster the longest. If an enemy is affected by Essence Drain, Contagion and Righteous Fire, it will pick whichever one was applied first and check the Rarity of that skill. In other words, if you want to link a degen skill with Item Rarity, ensure you use that skill first.

"

The effects of the skill will be modified by all of the supports on the attack. It is affected by the relevant supports on the skill, it isn't supported by them. The only things that can be supported are active skills and poison is not a skill.

From this I can conclude that:
If i kill enemy via Abyssal Cry explosion, loot from him will affected by IR gem, right?
Yes, it will be affected by the Item Rarity support that is supporting the Abyssal Cry skill.
"
Daimonidlo wrote:
If i kill enemy via poison (sorce of poison - Cospri's Will) from Abyssal Cry explosion, loot from him will affected only by IR from my gear, right?
No, it will still be affected by the gem, since the poison was from that skill, provided the poison is the degen that is considered to get the kill.
"
Daimonidlo wrote:
If I replace in Abyssal Cry setup Void Manipulation to Poison gem but still wear Cospri's Will will it whether it will be fix scenario (IR gem not apply) described above? Or i must use another chest in order to achieve the desired effect?
This makes no difference. What matters is that Abyssal Cry caused the poison, not why it did that.
"
Daimonidlo wrote:
If i kill enemy via Essence Drain (not hit but degen) before poison expire (sorce of poison - Cospri's Will) will be loot affected by IR gem?
In the situation you describe, you didn't kill the enemy "via Essence Drain", but via poison, and so the modifier applies. If the poison from Abyssal Cry had run out, and the only poison left was a newer one applied by Essence Drain, then Essence Drain would be the degen that killed the enemy, and the gem would need to support it to apply.
"
Daimonidlo wrote:
If monster cursed by Enfeeble whether it will doing less damage from Abyssal Cry explosion?
No, the monster is not dealing the damage.

"
SteKrz wrote:
I've seen two instances where someone say that Mark once confirmed, that support gems don't scale effects (like poison) added by items/ascendancies.
That is definitely not the case. If a skill applies poison, that poison was applied by that skill. Where the stat came from that allowed it to do so has no bearing on that.
"
Katasi wrote:
Does the "Deals 50% of Base Damage" on Shield Charge affect bleed or poison damage? I know it affects the initial hit, but does it double dip onto the bleed/poison?
Currently no. As discussed in the manifesto posts on the subject, in 3.0.0 this modifier will apply to the base damage, which means it will affect the damage over time, but this will not cause double-dipping.

"
effovex wrote:
With proliferation type effects, does the elemental status get affected by modifiers as it spreads, or does it proliferate with the exact same stats. For instance, with emberwake, would the burn damage that proliferates be 80% less than the initial burn damage?
Proliferation does not create more ignites that could be modified. There is still only one ignite, it just applies to multiple enemies. Since there is only one ignite, it can't be created with a different calculation to itself, so the answer to your question is no.
"
effovex wrote:
I assume beacon of destruction and the prolif gem work the same way?
Correct.
"
effovex wrote:
Can multistrike ignite on each hit, or is there a limit of one ignite per use of the skill per monster.
Yes, it can.

"
AssasinCreed wrote:
Actually im testing some gladiator build and i noticed my melee totems blow up thing with my Gratuitout Violence gladiator ascendancy node. But it specifically says "Bleeding enemies "you" kill explode" i don't even need touch enemy just when my totems kill them they blow up.
This is a known bug with assignment of kills from damage over time. If your totem's damage over time kills an enemy, then it counts as you killing the enemy, not the totem. This is necessary to avoid problems in the case where the totem doesn't exist any more, and the kill can't be assigned. It will be fixed in the long term.

"
remusik wrote:
Say I decide to use Elemental Hit with Avatar of Fire.

Presuming (for simplicity) that the hits of Ele Hit are in order Fire -> Cold -> Light, what damage and how much will each hit deal?

Will it be:

1) First hits deals fire; the same base dmg as the gem says, nothing more. Second hit does fire (former cold) at half the value of the cold dmg listed on the gem. Third hit does fire (former light) at half the value of the light dmg listed on the gem.

OR

2) First hit does fire dmg as listed on the gem PLUS half the cold PLUS half the light; and all subsequent hits follow the same logic, dealing the full fire plus half and half of the other elements as fire.
The first one. Elemental Hit only adds one type of damage to each hit, not all three.
"
nathaniel123 wrote:
Hello, I was considering making a character centered around the Doomfletch and Doomfletch’s Prism unique bow. The wording of the latter unique’s effect reads “Gain 110% of bow physical damage as extra damage of each element.” My question is, does this gained damage based on physical damage happen before or after elemental conversions?
No, it does not. "Gain X as extra Y" is a conversion - it just also leaves the converted thing there rather than removing it. So it's simultanious with other conversion, not before or after it.
"
nathaniel123 wrote:
For example, if I were to use the skill Lightning Arrow, which converts 50% of my physical damage to lightning damage, would I still gain the same amount of damage as if I were using Split Arrow which has no elemental conversion via this mechanic?
Yes.

"
Lammy wrote:
When shield charging directly on top of a stationary enemy, which damage applies first: the travel damage, the impact damage or both added together?
If you mean you're already on top of this enemy and charge no distance to reach them, then you never deal damage while travelling, because you don't travel.

If you just mean charging onto an enemies exact location from a distance away, then I can't answer that question. It depends on your speed and AoE, and the enemy's size. At the point you hit them and deal damage at the end of the skill, then your previous instance of dealing area damage while charging either did or did not reach that enemy's location, and thus hit them first.

In any case where an enemy does get hit by both one of the smaller instances of damage while charging and the final damage, the while-charging damage hits them first, because it happens while charging, where the larger area damage happens when you stop charging.
"
Lammy wrote:
Does increased area of effect apply to shield charge's width while traveling?
It applies to the area of the small area damage that's repeatedly dealt while travelling. It does not apply to the width of the character object.
"
Lammy wrote:
Do generic "melee damage" modifiers apply to poison/bleed applied by melee skills?
No. "melee damage" modifiers are not generic - they are inherently attack damage, because melee is a subset of attack. Non-attack melee damage makes no sense in PoE.
"
Lammy wrote:
Does Shield Charge's 200% more damage apply to poison/bleed inflicted by it?
No. This answer may be different in 3.0.0.
"
Lammy wrote:
Does Earthquake's 70% more damage from the aftershock apply to poison/bleed inflicted by it?
No. This answer may be different in 3.0.0.
"
Lammy wrote:
With a Voidheart equipped, do your melee totems poison/bleed?
Yes (or rather, they have a chance to do so, as of 2.4.0. Whether they actually do technically depends how lucky you are).
"
Lammy wrote:
Is it possible to proc multiple Noxious Strike's triggers (bleed/poison/maim) with a single attack on a previously unaffected enemy? i.e. If I hit a healthy enemy with a regular skill, does it only roll the 30% to bleed and stop, or does it then roll the 40% chance to poison since the enemy is now bleeding.
You did not hit a Bleeding enemy, so that chance to Poison cannot apply.
"
Lammy wrote:
Continuing on from the previous question, If I had a Voidheart equipped and attacked a healthy enemy, does my first hit have a 50% chance to maim?
No. You need to hit a Posoned enemy to have that chance to Maim.

"
solacespecs wrote:
I was curious about the Gladiator ascendancy node Outmatch and Outlast. It reads:
25% chance to gain a frenzy charge on kill with mainhand
25% chance to gain an endurance charge on kill with offhand
I was curious the relationship between this node and a build that uses a 1H and shield.

Does this node only apply to dual wielding?
The offhand part can only be triggered when dual wielding. The main-hand part can always apply.
"
solacespecs wrote:
Does it work for an ability such as shield charge, which uses the shield to do damage?
No. Shield charge does not use the shield to deal damage, it uses the main hand. The shield is thematically responsible for the stun/knockback.
"
solacespecs wrote:
Can the frenzy charge portion proc if you are unarmed?
Yes. Unarmed attacks are always technically main-hand.

"
Jojas wrote:
Do two different sources for elemental penetration (like mastermind of discord from elementalist + lightning penetration support gem) stack?
Yes.
"
Jojas wrote:
Another question: Is Izaro in his final stage considered "low life"?
He starts the third phase fight at 40% of his maximum life. Low life is defined as being below 35%. Thus he is not on low life for that whole section of the fight, but will likely be for most of it.

"
Robbatog wrote:
Consider that I am a Juggernaut with Unrelenting, 10 max endurance charges, 0 armor or other mitigation, two Heartbound Loops, Kingsguard, and a lvl 1 cwdt linked to immortal call. I self-cast summon skeletons. In what order do things happen when the skeletons disappear?
I spent some time trying to work out how you intended to gain endurance charges to make any of this matter before working out you have Unflinching as well. In the future, please note that it's really helpful if you explicitly mention everything which matters to the case at hand.

One of your skeletons will expire, dealing you 350 damage, which isn't enough to set off your Immortal Call, which has a threshold of 528 from level 1 CwDT.
You have a chance to gain an endurance charge from Unflinching. If you succeed at that chance, you have a chance to instead gain 10 endurance charges.

The second skeleton expires, later in the same frame unless some really weird shit it happening (i.e. no in-game time has passed).
This deals you another 350 damage, meaning Immortal Call has reached it's damage threshold and triggers.
Depending on the results of the previous chances, at this point you have 0, 1 or 10 Endurance Charges, which will be consumed and modify the duration of Immortal Call.
You gain life from Kingsguard if charges are consumed this was.
You have a chance to gain an endurance charge from Unflinching. If you succeed at that chance, you have a chance to instead gain 10 endurance charges.

You end this process with either 0, 1 or 10 Endurance charges, and an Immortal Call buff. If you have more than zero charges, when they later expire, you'll gain life from Kingsguard.
"
Robbatog wrote:
Is there any general way of figuring out the order when things happen "at the same time"?
Experiementation or asking.

"
alex5355 wrote:
Hello Mark! Is it possible to play a lacerate build with a stat-stick in off-hand(type dagger)? Or does it force off-hand attack even though the weapon type is not usable? Thanks.
It will not make an off-hand attack with a weapon type it can't use. There was a bug for a while where it would do so in some cases, but this has been fixed.

"
Slamdancer wrote:
If i hit in Melee Range with LS, do the enemies take 2x damage, once from melee and once from the origin of the projectiles or are they both exclusive to range/melee?
The projectiles cannot hit the melee target. They can hit other enemies that took splash damage from the melee hit.
"
Goldarm5 wrote:
Damage from Scold's Bridle and Heartbound Loop cant stun or crit although both of them are hits.
Is this a technical (they belong to a subclass of hits that isnt able to stun or hit) or is it a design/balance (these 2 got exception rules) reason?
Being able to stun yourself is bad and can cause infinite loops. This damage is explicitly prevented from stunning, knocking back, or critically striking (it doesn't have critical strike chance anyway).

"
Xavqwyrus wrote:
a couple questions about singularity's "X% increased Damage against Hindered Enemies"
is damage calculated on cast, or is it rolled separately for every mob hit?
Each hit is independant.
"
Xavqwyrus wrote:
does the effect stack if dual wielding singularities, or do i only benefit from one of them?
Yes, the damage modifier will stack.

"
Nickoladze wrote:
I'm wondering how the Lori's Lantern mod "Enemies are Unlucky when Damaging you" affects damage taken in regards to critical strikes.
From here you say that it only affects their damage rolls: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/377182/page/3#p3349323
Is it possible to roll damage twice, having one roll be a critical strike, and then apply the non-critical strike (naturally the non-critical strike should deal less damage)?
No. The damage roll only rolls damage, between your minimum and maximum damage. It is entirely independant of the crit roll.
"
Nickoladze wrote:
Does it roll the damage first, choose the lowest, and then roll if it crits or not?
No, crit is rolled first. This doesn't technically make a difference to your example though.
"
I've noticed I can't detonate my mines when I'm silenced. Is this intentional and how does this compare to traps triggering and totems casting their spell when I'm silenced?
The skill "Detonate Mines" is a spell, and you cannot cast it while silenced.
Traps and Totems cannot cast your spells while you are silenced either.

"
Lammy wrote:
If I have 50% crit chance and Ambush/Assassinate's 100% more critical strike chance active, would my hit have 100% chance to crit or still get capped at 95%?
95%. The only thing different about that modifier is that it stacks multiplicatively with other modifiers to the same value, rather than additively. It does not remove the cap.

"
Renahud wrote:
Hi, if I dual wield obliterations, and have the profane bloom passive. Do all these chances of explosion add up, or is it some multiplicative chance?
These are all providing the same chance, so yes.
"
Renahud wrote:
Same with abyssal cry?
Abyssal Cry is entirely separeate.
"
Renahud wrote:
I suppose that linking poison to the skill that will launch the explosion won't make the explosion itself poison?
If the explosion is caused by a skill (such as is the case with Abyssal Cry), then yes. If it is not (such as Obliteration/Profane Bloom), then it will not, because you can't link the Poison support gem to a passive or item, just a skill.
"
sherkhan wrote:
"
sherkhan wrote:
PSA for new players: support may have asked you to post your questions here, but Mark hasn't answered anything in this thread since May because he prefers other forums.

Viperesque and Raics are the most likely to answer your questions.

Good luck in Wraeclast. You will be lost.

Still valid. I think it deserves a repost everytime Mark answers a question elsewhere while continuing to neglect the place where support tells you to ask your questions.
This is still not true. The next post for this thread is being worked on at the rate I'm able. When that post is ready (answering a full page of questions, as with each of my posts after the first couple), it will be posted. This thread has not, by any measure, been abandoned - every question* will be answered, in order. Some take time, and sometimes (such as while working substantial overtime in the runup to our biggest ever patch, for example) I have less time to devote to writing the next post.

This is still the best, and only, place to post a question to get a guaranteed dev answer. But the nature of committing to answering all questions* means this thread cannot guarantee fast answers. There are, as was pointed out at the start of the thread, more people asking questions than there are mes answering them, and answers often take longer than questions.

I also answer quick questions, when I'm easily able, elsewhere on the forums, and in other places. That's in addition to answering questions here, not instead of.

*excepting off-topic questions, questions already answered in the thread, questions about information I cannot release, or questions so broad as to be unanswerable.
"
Irimae wrote:
I'm Playing Guardian and with the Unwavering Faith node it says that Auras add 1% physical reduction and .2% Life Regen.
However I use two curses on Blasphemy which states that it turns Curses into Auras. However with this transition it does not add the bonuses from Unwavering Faith for the Blasphemy based curses. Is this intended even though Blasphemy states that it turns Curses into Auras?
It specifically says that the auras grant those bonuses to you and allies. Neither you nor your allies are affected by those curse auras, so they cannot grant stats to you. an aura has to affect you to give you stats.

"
Wampey wrote:
I was advised to ask here by support@ggg.com. I was wondering if a list could be provided of what bosses can and can not be knocked back? My build worked mainly around knocking back bosses, but atlas I can't do that to all bosses. So far, it seems Vaal Oversoul and Izaro can not be knocked back. Are there others?
This is not a simple question to answer, and I can't provided a comprehensive list. There are multiple different ways things might not be able to be knocked back, some of which aren't always in effect and some of which are. These can often be applied in different ways, making it dificult to work out an exact list of what does or doesn't meet one of the ccriteria.

Some monsters have a stat which prevents the player moving them - this affects knockback, but also things like Vaal Lightning Warp. This is generally given to mosnters either because they aren't representing actual monsters, but immobile objects, or because the monster needs to be able to rely on it's own movements succeeding for it's fight to work. Izaro, the Vaal Oversoul, and Dominus's second form are all examples of the later, while things like Piety's transformation portals, various objects in Izaro's fight variations, or Arakaali's eggs are examples of the latter.

In addition, the Fall of Oriath expansion included several bosses, such as Arakali and Kitava, which are much larger than the game's maximum object size. One of the restrictions which allows those monsters to work is that they can never move, for any reason. Thus any of those "extra-large" monsters are inherently not knockbackable.

The Goddess of Judgement cannot be knocked back because she doesn't have her own position that can be moved - she's attached to Izaro. Currently she's the only case in the game of a monster attached to another monster, but that won't always be the case.

Also, some skills prevent the user being knocked back or otherwise moved during their execution, because they can't work correctly otherwise. Obviously any monster using such a skill can't be knocked back while using that skill.

From a lot of research and asking around, I came up with the following list of actual boss monsters which can't be knocked back, but it should not be considered comprehensive:
  • Arakaali
  • Kitava, and his hearts
  • Avarius's Statues
  • Dominus's second form
  • Vaal Oversoul
  • the large Harbinger portal
  • All Harbingers
  • A couple of specific things summoned by Talisman effects temporarily
  • Piety
  • Lunaris and Solaris (celestial forms)
  • The ambush versions of Maligaro, Shavronne, and Doedre, which appear and attack, then disappear, while you progress through their areas.
  • Rigwald

I've excluded from this list things which aren't part of a boss fight or are obviously not conceptually a "monster" that could move around, and therefore be moved around.

"
SirDragos wrote:
Vortex says "Modifiers to Spell Damage apply to this skill's Damage Over Time."

Doe this mean that ANY DoT effect created by the skill is modified by spell damage or just the AoE ground effect it creates?
Prior to 3.0.0, Vortex (and a few other spells) said the text you quoted, and this did indeed apply to any damage over time caused by using the skill.
In 3.0.0, that stat now says "Modifiers to Spell Damage apply to this Skill's Damage Over Time effect", and refers only to the specific damage over time effect the skill applies, not to any other DoT that might occur when you use it.

"
Ahtras wrote:
The Saboteur node Demolitions Specialist has the following lines:

20% increased Mine Laying Speed if you Detonated Mines Recently
40% increased Damage if you Detonated Mines Recently

Can I take the "you" as an indicator that these won't work with Spell Totem - Detonate Mines?
Yes. If the totem detonated mines, but you didn't, you won't get the bonus.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Aug 9, 2017, 11:47:45 PM
"
vasterov wrote:
Does flame totem work with projectile weakness?
I mostly want to know about pierce chance and increased damage parts.
Flame totem fires projectiles, so the modifier on Projectile Weakness which increased damage taken from projectiles will of course apply. Flame Totem's projectiles already pierce everything, so the modifier on Projectile Weakness that lets projectiles pierce the cursed enemies will not do anything extra in this case.

"
sherkhan wrote:
Does Izaro's mortar skill (green globs) bypass the taunt mechanism? I've had him target me multiple times despite having the taunt red glow around him (procced by my Decoy Totem).

The same happens on the Plaza boss, so I imagine the potential bypass/break is attached to the skill, and not the bosses.
Izaro does not have a mortar skill. The Goddess of Judgement does - she acts independantly from Izaro, and is not affected by him being taunted. Because you cannot hit the Goddess, most (possibly all, currently) forms of applying taunt will not work on her.

"
LazerDeath wrote:
Other question will Controlled Destruction Support gem (Spell, Support) add damage to SRS gem (Spell, Minion, Duration, Fire)?
Controlled Destruction increses Spell Damage - Raging Spirits do not deal Spell Damage, they only use a melee Attack. You can support the skill, but the only effect it will practically have is reducing the spriits' critical strike chance.

"
Quick question regarding the singularity item, the item has this line that says "Nearby Enemies are Hindered, with 25% reduced Movement Speed", there is also the Maim effect that says "Maimed Enemies have 30% reduced Movement Speed. We know that bosses have curse resist, do they have any kind of resist for this kind of debuff ? Thanks for your time.
Not as a generic thing all bosses have like reduced effect of curses, no. Some specific bosses may have stats to combat Hinder and/or Maim.

"
Dread_s wrote:
Can you share the order that life regen factors into damage calculations if at all? For instance, when you are running Righteous Fire your health always is down a small slice of damage (probably worth one tick of the degen damage).
If you are taking damage over time, and recovering Life (or ES/Mana), then you will be recovering to full, and then taking damage from that point, every frame. This is because doing them in the other order would let players die to damage before they recovered it. If the amount of life recopver exceeds the damage you're taking on life over time, you'll still count as "on full life" for game effects.

"
Zanarias wrote:
I have an alternate art Kaom's Sign still in a remove-only stash tab from a long time ago. What happens to that alt-art ring if I run it through the prophecy that upgrades Kaom's Sign to Kaom's Way? Is the original item directly updated with the new mods, or is your original item replaced with the new item with equivalent stats to the old one (essentially meaning that the art on the previous item would be lost)?

Is it possible to have an alternate art Kaom's Way, is really what this question boils down to?
Those prophecies do not create an entirely new item, but modify properties of the existing item. However, the visual identity of that item, which includes it's 2d and 3d art, is one of the properties that can change, and for that reason, in addition to some technical stuff, alt-art uniques cannot become fated uniques.

"
Rowanbladex wrote:
One thing I've been curious about for a while is how more multipliers stack up together, when from different sources.

Lets say you are a bezerker, and have the 40% more damage from it (forget the name). Then you go ahead and get another 20% more damage from 5 frenzy charges.

Are these two simply added together to make 1.6x damage, or are they multiplied together to result in 1.68x damage.
"More" (and "less") multipliers never add together. They are always mutliplicative.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info