p/c new ring lori's lantern

"
sanleon wrote:
"
HopTortoise wrote:
"
sanleon wrote:
DF is the worst ring i have never seen for so much currency. It is useless in all ways

not sure if serious or trolling.

status effects happen when monsters do a lot of damage to you relative to your max life pool

mneaning people who run CI or low life get nailed by status effects constantly...because even if they have like 8k energy shield, their life pool is low, so those status effects nail them.

frozen is one of the big killers.

DF is BIS for low life build.

is a ring slot worth one flask affix?

im CI and never died for getting frozen, well i think one time when i havent flask of heat

the answer is yes, because then you get more anti-burning flasks (or other types)

not only that, its better to simply not get frozen to begin with (which interrupts your casts and shit) than to dispel it.

maybe a sporker who doesnt take much aggro would not care, but if you are a real spellcaster (freezing pulse etc) getting frozen is a big deal.
Last edited by HopTortoise on May 11, 2013, 12:34:53 PM
"
sanleon wrote:
DF is the worst ring i have never seen for so much currency. It is useless in all ways

20% extra mana on a single ring is useless?
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
"
Wooser69 wrote:
"
sanleon wrote:

20% extra mana on a single ring is useless?

if you have 1500 mana no, otherwise just a ring with 60 mana its basically the same
"
sanleon wrote:
"
HopTortoise wrote:
"
sanleon wrote:

not sure if serious or trolling.

status effects happen when monsters do a lot of damage to you relative to your max life pool

mneaning people who run CI or low life get nailed by status effects constantly...because even if they have like 8k energy shield, their life pool is low, so those status effects nail them.

frozen is one of the big killers.

DF is BIS for low life build.

is a ring slot worth one flask affix?

im CI and never died for getting frozen, well i think one time when i havent flask of heat

Show me how you kill merevil on graveyard solo with your CI witch
Last edited by Tllyx on May 12, 2013, 11:38:53 AM
"
Tllyx wrote:

Show me how you kill merevil on graveyard solo with your CI witch

Cant play atm but i will post it later if you like
i've seen leon kill a lot of shit and not die.
Dream fragments is not a very good ring, the only good thing about it is 20% mana and the regen, and you can get basically the same thing on a normal ring.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
DF gives me nearly twice as much mana as I'd get on a 60 mana ring, actually. Let's say it gives me the same amount of regen as I'd get on this hypothetical rare.

So for a ring I might actually be able to go out and buy, the difference is probably just one more mod, say 6% ICS or 11% cold or something. Which is pretty much a wash in my eyes vs the 74 mana I'd lose, since I need mana.

Now, if there were actually really good rings out there, sure, DF would be crap. But I search for rings on poexplorer every other day, and frankly, ring selection generally sucks (I'd be happy to be proven wrong though, if you can throw me some links, to sellers who havnt quit the game ofc).
Last edited by aimlessgun on May 12, 2013, 4:18:09 PM
Lori's Lantern explicitly says enemies are unlucky when damaging you, not when hitting, critting, etc. It applies 'unlucky' to the damage roll, not anything else.
Lori's ring is worthless, so is dream fragment. I don't get why people spend so much on those, but its more power to me so I don't mind.

Also as a lvl 84 shavron witch, frozen is literally the last of my worries. Chill hurt far more than being frozen, ever tried a map with temporal chain and skeleton ice mages? DF doesn't help one bit. I already solved both problems and DF certainly wasn't in the equation.

But each to their own i guess, its more interesting that way in any case.
IGN Vermillionillusion
GMT-4, usually 8-12 pm
Last edited by thinkingofaname on May 12, 2013, 10:18:56 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Lori's Lantern explicitly says enemies are unlucky when damaging you, not when hitting, critting, etc. It applies 'unlucky' to the damage roll, not anything else.

Thank you! for clarifying that :)
Brutus. Do you even sync?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info