p/c new ring lori's lantern

"
Ozgwald wrote:

So I am thinking with shav you could do a bow witch:

If you have Shavronne's, you don't need this ring - or any chaos resistance at all.
IRON MAN
"
Dreggon wrote:
"
Ozgwald wrote:

So I am thinking with shav you could do a bow witch:

If you have Shavronne's, you don't need this ring - or any chaos resistance at all.

stop talking bullshit if you dont have a clue about the game
Neurotypicals are the worst thing this planet ever experienced.
Last edited by Schinski on May 11, 2013, 7:10:39 AM
"
Ozgwald wrote:
So the unlucky bit means two rolls right?

So with evasion they need the enemy rolls twice to get a hit on you, if they do hit they than have to roll two times more to get that crit to go off? Similar system for block. So ES (lowlife) + ER + block could pull some crazy stuff off.

Crits should definitely benefit.

Evasion might benefit, as the monster is probably rolling to hit you instead of you rolling to evade. This sounds way, way too good though, capable of nearly doubling evasions benefit to your EHP.

And I doubt block benefits, because it sounds like it is you rolling to block, not the monster rolling to not be blocked. If this ring does work on block it is disgustingly fucking overpowered and should be fixed to not affect block. Period. Being able to get 94% block breaks the goddamn game.

And if the Lucky mod affects block, whenever that comes out, whatever unique it is on is going to need the biggest drawbacks ever seen.
Last edited by aimlessgun on May 11, 2013, 7:38:31 AM
Shavronne's Wrappings
Chaos Damage does not bypass Energy Shield

Is not the same as chaos immunity or receiving 0 chaos damage, that means instead of going through your shield into your life pool, which would be fatal for a low life build that damage is 1st taken of your ES and when that hits 0 it goes off your life ??? If not I missed something, I am quite sure am I reading it right and chaos resistance will help out and will be important still.

The things wasted with the bow are the spell damage and the reflect lightning damage.

I just didn't feel comfortable doing caster + shield and than low ES. Due to the way ER works, it is more reliable. And while with a shield you could do 75% rolls twice it is still completely random and with low ES might end you quickly.

I read somewhere that it does work with block (but not from an authority), which makes it a generally good ring, even if not the focus of a build.

The ER works you can be guaranteed to dodge the heat for a certain amount of time, to get the killing done. Also why mobility is important to reset the evasion system (5 sec out of combat).

Think someone said about 5 to 6k doing the 75% block thingy and than you got top end gear. Similar probably for my build, but assuming it is 3k to 4k than even with two 75% rolls, ER seems better as that allows you to play controlled which fits a glass-canon play style.

One more weakness is more accurate mobs and probably bosses have higher accuracy(?). A bonus would be enfeeble and supporting your attack with blind, which might made this something very interesting to try out, that I might want to do it.
Last edited by Ozgwald on May 11, 2013, 8:06:14 AM
Chaos resistance is essential for a low life build because it will otherwise kill you instantly. Shavronne's eliminates that risk and chaos becomes just another source of damage.
IRON MAN
SO=o chaos resist would benefit you. If you go low life, want block/ ER it isn't possible to pull off high ES (with chaos resist + shav or just very high chaos resist, but than you need to head into having good regen etc. as well and the tree I linked could not help there). I can't find anywhere where people exactly know what unlucky and lucky do and where there aren't multiple interpretations. Anyways since you wouldn't get high ES I figured picking along the chaos resits nodes just 1 click along the route helps out a lot.

I was seeing this ring as a possibility to go true glass cannon (the deal damage with dodge and avoid). Wan't the focus on this (and not so much the low life pain atunement), but if it doesn't work as how I thought it would, than it doesn't look that great at all and kind of a pity :(

unlucky when damaging you, I guess that probably does mean it is all about the damage and the initial hit won't be effected :( or it probably would say attack? So block rolls after evasion, which could be part of the unlucky luck thing. Than probably what is said is right and unlucky is applied to what the monsters do (block excluded) and luck is applied to what you do (+ block included?)

"
Lucky/Unlucky indicates that the random check is performed twice and the better/worse outcome is selected.

So yeah limited to one roll the enemies crit, the other one they did not that damage is lower that is the damage you take.

Than I do also wonder if enemies attack in ranges like players do (I assume they do). So the damage range without the crit would be 200 to 300 damage. This range is checked twice and lowest one is selected. Maybe it even is only this very last bit, which seems rather weak :( ?
Last edited by Ozgwald on May 11, 2013, 8:39:44 AM

alternating between 4 rings
ign:JaqenHghar

warbands
DF is the worst ring i have never seen for so much currency. It is useless in all ways
"
sanleon wrote:
DF is the worst ring i have never seen for so much currency. It is useless in all ways

not sure if serious or trolling.

status effects happen when monsters do a lot of damage to you relative to your max life pool

mneaning people who run CI or low life get nailed by status effects constantly...because even if they have like 8k energy shield, their life pool is low, so those status effects nail them.

frozen is one of the big killers.

DF is BIS for low life build.
Last edited by HopTortoise on May 11, 2013, 11:53:39 AM
"
HopTortoise wrote:
"
sanleon wrote:

not sure if serious or trolling.

status effects happen when monsters do a lot of damage to you relative to your max life pool

mneaning people who run CI or low life get nailed by status effects constantly...because even if they have like 8k energy shield, their life pool is low, so those status effects nail them.

frozen is one of the big killers.

DF is BIS for low life build.

is a ring slot worth one flask affix?

im CI and never died for getting frozen, well i think one time when i havent flask of heat
Last edited by sanleon on May 11, 2013, 12:06:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info