Blizzard Crown

"
6_din_49 wrote:
This mod is good for cold to fire conversion builds, and for "cold ignite" builds like Elementalist ascendancy.

For cold damage hits, I don't think you can benefit from first mod without the downsides of second.

frankly any build with elemental damage this helm works for, the flat added cold scales with a lot of mods and even with mobs getting some cold res your dps in the end will still be higher (you can always influence, awakener orb etc) the helm to get the same mods you would from any other base which doesn't have a damage implicit
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
"
D3izhistory wrote:

frankly any build with elemental damage this helm works for, the flat added cold scales with a lot of mods and even with mobs getting some cold res your dps in the end will still be higher

Is that so? Helmet's flat damage is about 10% of a lvl 20 spell based on my estimates. How much pen does an average build have? As far as i can tell it has to be at least 100% to make helmet just break even
"
Nubatack wrote:
"
D3izhistory wrote:

frankly any build with elemental damage this helm works for, the flat added cold scales with a lot of mods and even with mobs getting some cold res your dps in the end will still be higher

Is that so? Helmet's flat damage is about 10% of a lvl 20 spell based on my estimates. How much pen does an average build have? As far as i can tell it has to be at least 100% to make helmet just break even

it entirely depends on the skill, for example DI has a top end spell flat of like 250 vs WoC at 1500+

if the majority of your spell damage isnt cold it is some damage vs none being added from the helm...... also allows for freeze as an ailment
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
"
D3izhistory wrote:

it entirely depends on the skill, for example DI has a top end spell flat of like 250 vs WoC at 1500+

And DI also has 30% added damage effectiveness and it scales with stages
I believe most of the "Your hits..." and "Enemies you hit..." such as EE should work with mines.

The things that don't work with mines are "Enemies killed by you..." such as explody chest (unless it is a DoT skill) and "...on hit" effects.

Regarding the general usage of the helm which isn't what this top delver asked, I would say it is great for Avatar of Fire builds since it doesn't matter the cold penetration penalty, or inquisitor with Inevitable Judgement because it ignores resistances on crit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info