[3.14] Penance Brand Elementalist - Smooth Fun T16 Mapping on 400-600c Budget

"
tiasim wrote:
Okay so I'm trying out a PB build on SSF and I'm really trying hard to understand how it works, in the guide i read about swiftbrand and you say "as you've discussed before" this support gem is absolutely necessary. But I don't see any discussion about it except that activation frequency is super important which I think you mean by it.

Anyway if I get it right (about swiftbrand) it's only useful to get it if you can reach enough cast speed that it can reach almost 20 stacks for 2 brands within the attachment duration which is just above 1 second? And if I'm not able to get that amount of cast speed I'm better of just using another support gem?

I know it's not the best to play it on SSF but I just want to understand the mechanics so i can make a best possible version for myself. Thanks for this discussion i really needed a thread like this

Swiftbrand support is super strong because it gives the following:

Supported Skills have (45-64)% more Activation frequency
Supported Skills have 65% less Attached Duration
Supported Skills have 40% less Detached Duration

Perhaps you glossed over the first line, only seeing that it makes the brands shorter. But the key point is that it gives them a huge more mulitiplier to activation frequency. That means it's always good, you don't need to scale huge amounts of cast speed to counteract the reduced duration in order to make it useful!
Nice guide, gonna give this a try, always wanted to play Penance Brand, will report back how it's going, but looks great!
"
"
zorgmeister wrote:
Nicely put up, very coherent.

Luckily for me i was just leveling a storm brand long neck and theorycrafting upon the elusive penance brand when i stumbled upon your guide :) .

My question is, would you see this working as a version of hiero low life? if so what would your suggestions be as changes from your build?

Kindly,

I took one of CommAshen's dual cluster trees and modified it a bit to theorycraft taking the build lowlife and it's performing insanely well so far.

https://pastebin.com/zkUU07sf (as an Elementalist, you'd have to adjust it a bit for Templar)

I haven't done Shaper/UElder/A8 Sirus yet, but as of so far there has not been a boss that hasn't been one shot.

This significantly breaks the 400-600c budget however.

Thank you very much :)
Yeah, i realize i'm making it more expensive, i had some ll items dropped and moved them from a vortex build to this one.

So i just hit maps with it, it goes smooth definitely feeling it tanky as i jumped straight to t7-8, thing is, i'm not one shotting bosses and i'm looking at the penance brand excel calculator but don't have rights to edit in order to test. I'm not entirely sure i'm building it correctly or overdoing it in some ways.

If it's not too much to ask, can you have a look at my pob and possibly give me some pointers in regards to the cast speed or damage nodes i chose to go for? https://pastebin.com/cMMLsqqt

I have a 95 slayer sweeper that killed everything and breezes up to the big maven encounters, the 5 breach bosses completely destroy me so i'd like to make this build as a safer approach to actually manage to defeat endgame with it if possible.

Huge thanks both CommAshen for the guide and you Verscas for trying to help <3
"
zorgmeister wrote:

Thank you very much :)
Yeah, i realize i'm making it more expensive, i had some ll items dropped and moved them from a vortex build to this one.

So i just hit maps with it, it goes smooth definitely feeling it tanky as i jumped straight to t7-8, thing is, i'm not one shotting bosses and i'm looking at the penance brand excel calculator but don't have rights to edit in order to test. I'm not entirely sure i'm building it correctly or overdoing it in some ways.

If it's not too much to ask, can you have a look at my pob and possibly give me some pointers in regards to the cast speed or damage nodes i chose to go for? https://pastebin.com/cMMLsqqt

I have a 95 slayer sweeper that killed everything and breezes up to the big maven encounters, the 5 breach bosses completely destroy me so i'd like to make this build as a safer approach to actually manage to defeat endgame with it if possible.

Huge thanks both CommAshen for the guide and you Verscas for trying to help <3

Here's a few things I noticed. I'm not trying to sound rude here, so please keep that in mind :)

1) You have Energy from Within in the tree, but you haven't taken Melding yet (40% increased ES)
2) Way too much investment in mana for how little your gaining from it
3) Cluster jewels need work (which will be expensive). You want Grand Design on all mediums, paired with 1 Holy Conquest and Brand Loyalty on the others. Also, another point that doesn't quite deserve its own numbering - You're on a single cluster jewel setup, so the damage will be a bit lower.
4) Gem levels are a large portion of damage that you're missing out on
5) Gonna hit the mana thing again - You've invested pretty heavily into it and, quite honestly, doesn't seem to pay off at all to me.

This is my ele at level 89, for reference: https://pastebin.com/9xfb11yy

This is what I would do for Templar: https://pastebin.com/x5q6kvGc
1) Changed Ascendancy and Pathing
2) Replaced rings for COTB. Changed helm for enchanted crown, as they're 50c-1 ex for proper enchanted ones.
3) Changed Cluster Jewels out for 2 notable ones (upgrade to 3 notables with more currency). Put proper medium cluster jewels in. Place ES/Multi/Res or Attribute regular jewels into empty small jewel slots on mediums. Eventually replace them with ES/2-3 damage mod jewels as gear improves.
4) Changed some skill and link setups. Hatred/Wrath/Zealotry on Prism Guardian. Discipline, level one precision, and both heralds on mana.

These changes bring you up to 449k per brand on Sirus, vs your current POBs 86k. These numbers are likely inaccurate but I am far too lazy to plug them into the calculator and find the true changes :P

I left the majority of your gear in the POB except for the changes I mentioned above :)
Last edited by Detrites on Feb 5, 2021, 2:38:10 AM
Hello! So I've spoken to CommAshen a bit about this build but I noticed a lot of great minds in the thread so here I go. I was looking to make improvements to my build. I could just try to farm levels and that would increase my damage a little but I'm particularly aiming to increase my damage(more specifically, single target.) Clear speed has been wonderful up to this point but I'd like to see if I can kill A8 Sirus with this and what I would need to do to enable that. A great part of that boils down to skill and at some point I'll just abandon my dreams of spamming Brands with the boss not hitting me and start dodging but before then I want to see what I can do to cover that weakness. I'm currently seeking for advice on itemization, I have a budget of about 4ex or so. If my character is perfectly viable as it is then I just have to play better but if anyone could suggest improvements then I'm all ears.

For reference, I can clear T16s with wonderful speed and Conquerors are doable although the mana issue(which even Ashen noted at some point) is a bit rough.
I'm not a huge fan of Double Cluster because that somewhat implies that I just play better so that I don't flop on account of the overall more glass-cannon style.

Current thoughts are swapping Intensify for maybe Ele Focus on bosses. Cold pen is also an option but requires me to change a socket color, which honestly isn't that expensive but, inconvenient. I also noticed that after inputting my information into the spreadsheet that I was in the yellow so I picked up a brand duration node and dropped a chaos res+life node which I can pick back up at 90.

Edit: The build is definitely capable of doing A8 Sirus, Would've died if I didn't just troll the fight. Still looking to make improvements however.

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/uG2jTpeC
Last edited by Grynthax on Feb 5, 2021, 1:58:01 PM

Crafted a new sceptre this morning <3 Brings my damage up 17%!
Well detailed build guide with a great focus on how stuff works. Love it when I can also learn mechanics of a build while playing.

Thanks to the author.
using the spreadsheet that was provided within the first post, I have my final explosion stacks at 25 (/w full frenzy, 22 without). How should I go about lowering this value?
Hello,

I just wanted to get an idea of how this build will perform vs the endgame and farming. I have about 40 ex to invest and wondered if this would be a build/skill worth sinking it all into. My current Wintertide brand build completed maven, but is pretty squishy ultimately. Would this build allow me to do these bosses as well as farm delirium or will it not scale quite to that extent?
hello!
nice build, im gonna try to get the hang of the mechanic.
any chance you could look into my build for some tips?
im mainly playing solo.

another question i got is about heraldry, does that notable mean I dont have to selfcast my penetration? like frostbomb/frostbite?
any chance you can give me some pointers? how much hp would i want to solo, how much crit chance/multiplier is nice? im currently at 5,5k hp with 950 ES.. and i got 125 mana left after reserves

and is sadist still worthwhile when ive got call of the brotherhood rings?
idd behappy to swap to diffrent rings if its better without those

im hopelessy noob at anything besides arc, but i got some currency to burn
Last edited by AlterCrash on Feb 17, 2021, 10:02:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info