[3.24] The Arachnophobia Allstars|100% Chaos Guardian CI |The dirty Scorpion-tail| Herald of Agony

"
frannyx04 wrote:
Other then ball lightning is there other fast hit attacks?

I searched too and tried a lot. Ball-lightning is the champion. Some other lightning skills are not bad, but not near as good as the Ball-lightnings. Cyclone is much to slow for 45 virulences.

Void-sphere, cast on stun, is funny and is able to offer a lot of virulences too, but is slow.

Perhaps this new skill with sphere? Edit:Hydrosphere as add.
Last edited by Chromino on Jan 29, 2021, 2:10:14 PM
Yes it can replace ice wall just for variety/ mapping i guess, especially for ritual, it will disrupt some adds for 1second
"
frannyx04 wrote:
Yes it can replace ice wall just for variety/ mapping i guess, especially for ritual, it will disrupt some adds for 1second

Yes. I 'll add void sphere as alternative to cws setup and watcher's eye mods too to jewels and Clusters.

Did you, did somebody, tried HoA to combinate with hydrosphere somehow? I think that the gem-tags do not synergize with the guardian skills or herald of agony, but it is looking like a nice skill for some niches.

Last edited by Chromino on Jan 29, 2021, 11:11:12 PM
That is a big joy:

Tarantudos and Dakarviigen are climbing in the Ritual Challenge.

In the Guardians Herald of Agony setups they begin to kick the older metabuilds well.

Defenses combinated with damage are not easy to balance in poe, and they are doing it. Arachnophilia!

:-)

When you like, take a look at poe ninja builds, guardian, Herold of Agony and Arakaali's fang, to see their builds.

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Guardian&skill=Herald-of-Agony
Last edited by Chromino on Feb 1, 2021, 1:06:11 PM
I died of being stuck in the frost wall. Is there any other skill that can be used instead?
Are there any configurations to use a movement skill?
"
Alspher wrote:
I died of being stuck in the frost wall. Is there any other skill that can be used instead?
Are there any configurations to use a movement skill?

Yes, Frostwall can mess up your movement in some situations, but I died never of the walls, only of lagging delve-tunnel in combination...sometimes it rescued me from projectiles and offscreen projectiles I think. In delve stationary or temple-architects and heist it is very strong/ bis. It is best lvl 13 or lower, quality 0, when phasing is on cooldown. Use it only with phasing like withering step (put phasing on mouse button 1/ left to auto-trigger it on movement) or frostblink. When you need a free socket, push it out.

In spoiler --->gear by the helmetskills are alternatives like golem or void sphere and edit: curses.

Sorry of your death! And thanks for your input. Hope no hc and that you enjoy the build. Was it delve or ritual or special boss / situation? In delve use it only with lightradius and delve-resistance high and enough torches. You got stuck under?
Last edited by Chromino on Feb 1, 2021, 10:06:54 PM
"
Chromino wrote:

Yes, Frostwall can mess up your movement in some situations, but I died never of the walls, only of lagging delve-tunnel in combination...sometimes it rescued me from projectiles and offscreen projectiles I think. In delve stationary or temple-architects and heist it is very strong/ bis. It is best lvl 17 or lower, quality 0, when phasing is on cooldown. Use it only with phasing like withering step (put phasing on mouse button 1/ left to auto-trigger it on movement) or frostblink. When you need a free socket, push it out.

In spoiler --->gear by the helmetskills are alternatives like golem or void sphere and edit: curses.

Sorry of your death! And thanks for your input. Hope no hc and that you enjoy the build. Was it delve or ritual or special boss / situation? In delve use it only with lightradius and delve-resistance high and enough torches. You got stuck under?

No problem with death. What I didn't say was that I haven't died for anything until now. I just died for the frost wall: P
I was using a frost wall with a higher lvl. I have a lvl1 and it's enough for now.
Thanks for your time and build. I'm having a lot of fun!
I'm thinking of switching over to this or a similar Mana Guardian build from my Freezing Pulse totem Hierophant.

I don't mind making a medium-sized investment (say anything less than 50 ex).

I really thing that builds should no longer advertise themselves as "all content" until they have been tested with Echo of the Atlas Changes. To me, "all-content" means that is can kill all of the new Maven encounters, such as:

* Maven buffed Uber Atziri
* Maven Arena: 4 Breachllords
* Maven 10 boss fight (depends on the bosses of course)
* Maven buffed Elder/Shaper
* Maven herself

I'm trying to "complete" the bosses this league as a personal goal, as I haven't ever managed to do it before (came close in Harvest with a Zombie Necro).

This build looks interesting. I loved my ES/CI/HoA Witch way back in 3.7, but I'm worried about investing in something that ultimately lacks either the DPS or defense to tackle the new content.

If this build doesn't fit that, anyone have any suggestions on a build that does?
"
GrimzEcho wrote:
I'm thinking of switching over to this or a similar Mana Guardian build from my Freezing Pulse totem Hierophant.

I don't mind making a medium-sized investment (say anything less than 50 ex).

I really thing that builds should no longer advertise themselves as "all content" until they have been tested with Echo of the Atlas Changes. To me, "all-content" means that is can kill all of the new Maven encounters, such as:

* Maven buffed Uber Atziri
* Maven Arena: 4 Breachllords
* Maven 10 boss fight (depends on the bosses of course)
* Maven buffed Elder/Shaper
* Maven herself

I'm trying to "complete" the bosses this league as a personal goal, as I haven't ever managed to do it before (came close in Harvest with a Zombie Necro).

This build looks interesting. I loved my ES/CI/HoA Witch way back in 3.7, but I'm worried about investing in something that ultimately lacks either the DPS or defense to tackle the new content.

If this build doesn't fit that, anyone have any suggestions on a build that does?

Mmhmm, I cannot promise all of that. I am level 99.5 and want half a level more before new challenges.

But, for example, this build can facetank all sirus possessed mobs prenerf - a lot of other builds died. ... ;-)

Aoe (switch in prismatic carapace cluster, switch in perhaps wise oak flask or resistance flask) and degens (switch in enduring composure-cluster for enduring charges, switch in flask pdr instead Soul ripper) are the weak spots of this build. But in most situations no danger. For only bossing you have to vary a bit. I did Sirus, synthesis-bosses, mastermind, Aul, ueber-elder etc. deathless without switching gear and only with standard-setup. Full Deliriumbosses, Legiongenerals etc. also. For making bosses easier switch out cluster bodyguards and flask Soul ripper for example, for hard bosses without vaal souls, when they are your target.
On a lot of points this build is managable to specialize on special situations with flasks, clusters, gloves, Ring, belt, boots, amulet, auras, cwdt/ cws, pantheon, movement-skill etc. There is so much damage that it is easy to switch some points, clusters etc. from offensive to defensive/ ES. It plays both melee and ranged. This is optimal on bosses. I did not check ritual trade much. 50 ex, I think, will not be enough for all gear best in slot, but for most gear bis ( see spoiler contra and spoiler FAQ and spoiler endgame and long boss fights perhaps)

But I would be optimistic on your goals, es/ block and other defenses are top, damage very high - but not top.

I tried only some tank builds like different Herald of Agony, Jugg, HoP, Champion, Necro. This managuardian is much more in offense and defense.
Last edited by Chromino on Feb 1, 2021, 11:54:21 AM
So far im 96, ive killed A7 Sirus, dude could not even kill me i could legit afk, Normal elder will try uber when i get frags, and i just did the 4 way maven fight with his guardians (elder).

It will be fun too see how much more i can do in the end game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info