[3.24]The Arachnophobia Allstars|100% Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 50M

I tried the HoP build and enjoyed it a lot. I think the main differences are

This build Herald of agony with clusters:

More layers of defense (2 defensive vaal skills, blind, knockback, etc.) -
More armour, more es on block
Both ranged and melee possibilities
Perhaps some gear more expensive

Herald of purity (Vatinas build)
Cyclone is very popular. You can move while attacking melee
Melee style
Spiders more difficult to summon
Almost no clusters
Perhaps some other gear is expensive

You can try both herald-styles very easy because both gears work on both mainskills.
Switch only cyclone with ball-lightning, poison support, spellecho, greater multiple projectiles, the heralds with 3 or 4 support gems (empower, minion damage are similar, on a red socket add maim to the HoA for example) and try on low level maps the differences. Perhaps take a look on the spoiler "blizzard" how to summon the spiders.

Take a look in the spoiler "the dirty scorpion tail" in the build. There is inside another spoiler for HoP with differences and how to try both.

Both are almost unkillable full geared and very fine for all content. I think, for hard bosses my build is a bit stronger in both damage and defense.

Last edited by Chromino on Jan 28, 2021, 12:01:53 AM
This build is definitely tanky. i recorded a short video of bad play by me and you can see how much damage it can take

Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JVF565oBS4&t=343s
Im thinking about transitioning in to this build from Vatinas Hop build. However the Skin of the lords with the correct skill is hard to get on league, would you recommend going with a Aul Hatred and just go with hatred instead of Grace until it is more realistic to buy a Lords with Iron reflexes? Or is there another good way of solving this?
You don't need hatred for damage, damage is more than enough. Use hatred only when you don't like it tanky. ;-)

When you want to go beyond lvl 96 i would recommend ( instead iron reflexes):
1) phase acrobatics
2) different socketcolours iron reflexes (see spoiler the dirty scorpion tail)
3) 50% reduced damage of critical strikes skin of the loyal
4) normal skin of loyals or other cheap skin of Lords.

But grace and vaal grace with aul uprising are first choice for tankyness, even without iron reflexes and you will have enough damage.
Last edited by Chromino on Jan 28, 2021, 9:42:46 AM
"
frannyx04 wrote:
This build is definitely tanky. i recorded a short video of bad play by me and you can see how much damage it can take

Spoiler

Hi Frannyx, woooow, that is nice and fine! Standing by that boss in the center so long and tank all the debuffs! Hehe!
Ordinary you have to walk in circles on the edges of the arena because of all the damage.

:-)

(And with lvl 91 unoptimized...)

Am I allowed to link your Video in the build?
"
Chromino wrote:
You don't need hatred for damage, damage is more than enough. Use hatred only when you don't like it tanky. ;-)

When you want to go beyond lvl 96 i would recommend ( instead iron reflexes):
1) phase acrobatics
2) different socketcolours iron reflexes (see spoiler the dirty scorpion tail)
3) 50% reduced damage of critical strikes skin of the loyal
4) normal skin of loyals or other cheap skin of Lords.

But grace and vaal grace with aul uprising are first choice for tankyness, even without iron reflexes and you will have enough damage.

Alright, thank you.
"
Chromino wrote:
"
frannyx04 wrote:

Spoiler

Hi Frannyx, woooow, that is nice and fine! Standing by that boss in the center so long and tank all the debuffs! Hehe!
Ordinary you have to walk in circles on the edges of the arena because of all the damage.

Sure! i tend to play like that cause im a casual POE player... hehe i figured your build is good enough to stand in crap instead of playing defensively and moving out of bad stuff, so far i only die to a map named "core" T14/15 boss for standing in his slam
Last edited by frannyx04 on Jan 28, 2021, 10:18:37 AM
Thanks for your input on the comparison with HoP.

BTW we don't get Fortify in this build right? Isn't that bad for the tankiness?
Last edited by FedeS on Jan 28, 2021, 11:00:51 AM
"
FedeS wrote:
Thanks for your input on the comparison with HoP.

BTW we don't get Fortify in this build right? Isn't that bad for the tankiness?

Fortify is missing. We replace it with the frost shield cast on blocked stuns and stuns.
The build have so much es-recovery it fits perfect into.

This is in most cases stronger than fortify. Take a look in the build-spoilers tear up the wall and 21 is only half of the truth. You need the frost shield only in very few cases (deep delve, chainfreeze, chainstun, some hard bosses). Be careful of ignites: see spoiler fire.

Or you can switch in fortify with shieldcharge, but it is not recommended.
Last edited by Chromino on Jan 28, 2021, 11:32:57 AM
"
frannyx04 wrote:
"
Chromino wrote:
"
frannyx04 wrote:

Spoiler

Sure! i tend to play like that cause im a casual POE player... hehe i figured your build is good enough to stand in crap instead of playing defensively and moving out of bad stuff, so far i only die to a map named "core" T14/15 boss for standing in his slam

Hehe, that boss I hate too and I do that map only 3x

Die you had corrupted blood immunity? But his damage is always awful.

Thank you so much a lot and I add the video!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info