[3.24]The Arachnophobia Allstars|100% Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 50M

"
Kaevar wrote:
So, question about Poison setup. Why BL instead of Cyclone with Fortify?

Hi Kavear,

you apply the virulences singletarget faster and continuing. You get 45-50 virulence-stacks continuing singletarget (mobs no problem) and they are important for HoA damage. With alternate ball-lightning, alternate (or divergent?) poison support and alternate spellecho (or awakened Echo, but expensive, or faster casting on belt-jewel) you get 50 -55 and more constant. See spoiler gear and gem- qualities and "pure agony".
And, of course, you can vary ranged and melee yourself and apply them earlier from range for more damage- uptime. Better for curses on hit also.

Instead of fortify for melees we use the frostshield for damagepeaks-reductions. See spoiler "tear up the wall" and "21 is only half of the truth". So the build gets 60% damagereduction ranged, 20 % melee plus chill on melee-mobs (and we use cluster bodyguards also).
Last edited by Chromino on Feb 3, 2021, 1:07:34 PM
Yes - Ball Lightining has more sustain for Virulence compared to cyclone
but you get fortify with Cyclone

I took a quick video of maze with Ball lighting
Spoiler

https://youtu.be/wZ70fVl0V2g

Another video with cyclone
Spoiler

https://youtu.be/BA7DSOiMRTQ

Both videos are running hatred on Aul, 60 virulence
Last edited by frannyx04 on Feb 3, 2021, 1:02:02 PM
Allright, that makes sense :).

Another question, Anointed Flesh and its cluster. Does it really give that much? It doesnt seeem very special for 5 passive points spent there
"
Kaevar wrote:
Allright, that makes sense :).

Another question, Anointed Flesh and its cluster. Does it really give that much? It doesnt seeem very special for 5 passive points spent there

Yes, they offer almost only stuff against ailments. I put the 5 points in mainreason for lvl 98-100. The elemental ailments are too dangerous. The 1% more resistances is fine, but not so important. Ignite (see spoiler "fire") and other ailments too need in high-content be covered (spoiler "other ailments", "Hibernator" in clusters). You can change the flask-setup and then push out the 5 points or get ailment-helps in clusters and Pantheon, belt (cyclope) and belt- jewel etc. Lower levels there is no problem without! But in level 98-100 it is a very little-little-little bit hc, and when you do not breachhead- exp you are running t18 and higher (Some bosses are very dangerous with ailments too. They multiplicate and stack dangerous on T16+×, legions, delve 240 ÷+× and higher with damage-mods and debuffs). Then this setup is better with annointed flesh and free to choose Major Pantheon, it works too when the flasks are down and you get more time to react and there are better other flasks with soulripper and bottled faith instead anti-ailments flasks.
Last edited by Chromino on Feb 3, 2021, 8:52:54 PM
"
frannyx04 wrote:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Hey Franny, booooh, the damage is biiiiiiig!
Woow! Hatred is great and 60 virulences very high! Woooow. With that fast high damage you also need less defenses. High damage-output!

But from lvl 96, 97 or most late 98 you do not want to die, hehehe. Perhaps take, without grace, not ironreflexes on skin of the lord and phase acrobatics etc. are better than ( see spoiler "gear" --》"skin of the lords"). But perfect for other levels! Very nice!!

Last edited by Chromino on Feb 3, 2021, 2:46:01 PM
"
Chromino wrote:
"
frannyx04 wrote:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Woow! Hatred is great and 60 virulences very high! Woooow. With that fast high damage you also need less defenses. High damage-output!

But from lvl 96, 97 or most late 98 you do not want to die, hehehe. Perhaps take, without grace, not ironreflexes on skin of the lord and phase acrobatics etc. are better than ( see spoiler "gear" --》"skin of the lords"). But perfect for other levels! Very nice!!

Sounds good - i am so far only dying to degens. Might not want to push for lvl100 and just farm currency for my next build. Will try the different skin of the lord

i get more damage with x2 Circles then x1 circle

Also is there any other flask which buffs minions?
i wanna see if i can somehow get herald to 10m dps
Last edited by frannyx04 on Feb 4, 2021, 2:42:55 AM
Another question, about clusters :). If Pure Agony is our best damage cluster, why do we use 2x Large with Call to the Slaughter and Renewal, instead of more Pure agony? Is it because we wouldn't be able to maintain sucha high virulence?
"
frannyx04 wrote:
"
Chromino wrote:
"
frannyx04 wrote:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Sounds good - i am so far only dying to degens. Might not want to push for lvl100 and just farm currency for my next build. Will try the different skin of the lord

i get more damage with x2 Circles then x1 circle

Also is there any other flask which buffs minions?
i wanna see if i can somehow get herald to 10m dps

Hehehe, I have to check 2 x rings of nostalgia. Very interesting. I Was focussed on socketed ring to get one skill more. But perhaps 2 x circles are better. When I remember correct there was also a dex- problem I wanted to keep high defenses ( es, ar, resistances overcapped) on belt, gloves and ring, so I needed dex and str on ring for high defences. But perhaps there is a better way to combine.

For degens I will add another faq. Almost all are covered in "pantheon", "fire", "other ailments", "endgame" and "faq". Most important is bottled faith, corrupted blood, antibleed, minor pantheon and of course vaal discipline and time of need against.

I think only bottle is bottled faith for minions. Witchbrew Despairaura is not fine and we have withers.

For more damage you can switch in:

Large Voice clusters (3 jewel slots for more pure agonies), with only 3, or best in slot: 1 empty passive points "which grants nothing".

+ gem-level on different shield (less substain), Skin of the loyals 2x +1 all skill gem lvl +1 x "xxx" gemlvl (+20% and more damage)

Generosity for hatred big buff

Second offensive curse: sniper mark or punishment or poacher's mark (despair offers only small increasement)

When you raise virulences high and want higher damage and numbers: cold iron point dagger (+3 gem lvl) is getting very interesting instead of arakaali fang and trigger wand or wand with +skill gem lvl instead of arakaali. But you need some more minions for the ascendancy buff.

Then you can reach 11 mill and more.

Hehehe :-)
Last edited by Chromino on Feb 4, 2021, 2:37:34 PM
"
Kaevar wrote:
Another question, about clusters :). If Pure Agony is our best damage cluster, why do we use 2x Large with Call to the Slaughter and Renewal, instead of more Pure agony? Is it because we wouldn't be able to maintain sucha high virulence?

Hi Kaevar,
hehe, very interesting question and there are alternatives, yes.

First, pure agony can only get place on medium clusters.

Renewal got nerfed hard. But it is still not bad. The other skills on large clusters don't offer so much. I personally love the aesthetical ignites of raze and pillage. :-)
Defensive large clusters (+20 % mana, blind or that one with spell block) don't offer much too.

I choose the 2x large minion damage clusters to get 4 x medium cluster. And don' t forget, the spiders are doing 40% of the full damage in this build, pure agony increase only + 20%, circa 2% total for them.

1x (uncompromising and a bit defense) for mana to get 3x big auras + herald + free ring slot.

1x Quality of live: movement speed (for free bottle slot for better flasks) and I myself do not like clicking quicksilver too much

Body guards for damage reduction combined with frost shield ( see spoiler 21 and tear up the wall )

Hibernator for ailments lvl 97-100

2x pure agony for damage.

For me 5 mill damage was always more than enough and I did not need more. When you get the second medium damage cluster you rush through the maps topspeed. Only full delirium T19 could be remarkable faster, but sqishier also with less defenses. But there are faster builds of course than minions. The defenses of this build offers in endgame more damage-uptime with less moving and less deaths lvl 97-100. In such decisions Poe is often about finding the fitting balance of offensive and defensive for your goals and content (when you don't use an op build like aurastacker). Do you want to farm fast, do you want to kill bosses, do you want lvl 99 and more, which content like blight, delve, etc. do you prefer or do you need an Allrounder build for the Mix without to much gear, flask and passive-swaps... So you can balance your build very, very good in Poe.

My own favourites are the combinations of skills with the fast spiders (...or phantasms or meat shield -Zombies or skeleton mages I liked very much too). I want a swarm of minions. I love to optimize a build and trade for best gear in slot, I like to level very high 99-100, to optimize the build more with 2 last passives, I hate the grinding. And the visuals of spells and mapdesigns are important for me to love playing a game. And I love to write a build too, to find a unique build like here managuardian+ auras + iron reflexes for best top defenses, hehehe.

On the opposite I don't like speedfarming, grinding to much, bossing only sometimes, Alva and temple is boring for me but good exp., crafting is not so interesting for me, hardcore I am afraid of, I prefer facetanking instead movement, .... lol etc.)

You can balance from more defense to more offense with switching medium clusters, auras, curses, etc. See spoiler "make hatred, not grace".

Yes, for 3x pure agony or more you need more cast speed, see spoiler gear: gem qualities. For more than 55 virulences singletarget you need a lot on gloves, gear, jewels or passives too. Pure agony got nerfed hard in 3.10. For singletarget it is a difficult balance with castspeed to get constant more than 50, 55 virulences.

You can switch in voices clusters too. For 6 jewel slots, 6 x medium clusters. That lift off to best damage. But they are expensive, You need them without much empty passive points, then they are best in slot for the build.

Hehe, sorry for wall of text and offtopic, lol. :-)
Last edited by Chromino on Feb 4, 2021, 11:40:47 AM
First of all, thx for all the explanations, they are really helpful. But I got another questions :).

I have somewhat problems with spawning the spiders. Initially, I use Jar, kill some worms and there, spiders come. But once HoAG starts going, I am unable to kill anything, even worms from the Jar, because the Crawler kills them first. How do you spawn the spiders consistently while mapping or during bosses?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info