[3.24] The Arachnophobia Allstars|100% Chaos Guardian CI |The dirty Scorpion-tail| Herald of Agony

"
Xrande wrote:
Question, how do you get +4 for Skin of the Lords? Isn't it just +2?

So I understand you can get L28 HoA. L29 with Chaos Mastery. How do you get 31?

"
+4 Skin of the Lords 2× +2
+3 empower max. lvl 2-4
+1 HoA gem level 21 (b.i.s. is Divergent HoA lvl 21)
+1 awakened minion damage HoA
+1 awakened void manipulation

The +2 is added both on HoAg +2 and Empower support +2, so it's complete a +4 because empower raises all linked gems each empower-lvl +1.

Without empower it's only +2 total.
Because HoAg squales heavy with skill-levels 23, 28 and 31, empower lvl 3-4 is always the b.i.s.-support.
Last edited by Chromino on Jan 13, 2022, 12:29:22 PM
"
Chromino wrote:
"
Xrande wrote:
Question, how do you get +4 for Skin of the Lords? Isn't it just +2?

So I understand you can get L28 HoA. L29 with Chaos Mastery. How do you get 31?

"
+4 Skin of the Lords 2× +2
+3 empower max. lvl 2-4
+1 HoA gem level 21 (b.i.s. is Divergent HoA lvl 21)
+1 awakened minion damage HoA
+1 awakened void manipulation

The +2 is added both on HoAg +2 and Empower support +2, so it's complete a +4 because empower raises all linked gems each empower-lvl +1.

Without empower it's only +2 total.
Because HoAg squales heavy with skill-levels 23, 28 and 31, empower lvl 3-4 is always the b.i.s.-support.

To be more clear

21 Herald of Agony gem
+2 Skin of the Lords
+5 Empower (level 6 = 4 + 2 from skin)
+1 Awakened Minion Damage
+1 Awakened Void Manipulation

This only gets you to level 30. You need a +1 skill gem amulet and give up Aul's OR a very lucky +1 skill gem scourge on skin to get 31.
"
melkorien wrote:

To be more clear

21 Herald of Agony gem
+2 Skin of the Lords
+5 Empower (level 6 = 4 + 2 from skin)
+1 Awakened Minion Damage
+1 Awakened Void Manipulation

This only gets you to level 30. You need a +1 skill gem amulet and give up Aul's OR a very lucky +1 skill gem scourge on skin to get 31.

Recommended and much more easy since [3.16] is to take 5 passives +1 chaos-mastery for HoAg lvl 31, for example instead some weak mana-passives. So you can keep the extreme strong cluster-set-up and the amulet flexible.
Please take a look into "gear, skills, links", section gloves, the pob-tabs "100% chaos-conversion" or "checklist damage" how you best optimized scale the damage up.
Last edited by Chromino on Jan 13, 2022, 6:11:12 PM
"
Rima0 wrote:
Hello.

With my gear Siruis A8 easy kill. But die all the time on Crystal King, so only option for me is to buy amulet. I`m levelling other divertgent HoA for vaal on lvl21, until now only bad luck.
Any other tips for upgrade character?

Hi RimaO,

ordinary Aul the Crystal king is not difficult for the build - take the tipps from the spoiler "boss-hunting" like multistrike, sniper's mark etc.

Yes, your best upgrade would be aul's uprising or tempestshield for the fullblock-edition. Congratulations, you already got this best piece!
On page 50 in the trade-links for amulet is also a workaround with rare amulets to get grace without aul's before.

Now with your new set-up I would get all steps of manamanagement and go fullblock with replica pure talent. You can then regret weaker mana-passives like Righteous decree or Arcane Will, perhaps path 4 passives to ghost dance in the tree when you lack substain. But probably aegis aurora offers enough substain already now.

The watcher's eye is in Guardian-es-builds always b.i.s. and is your next improvement, in "clusters, jewels" you find a rating for the mods. Empower 4 and awakened void manipulation raise your damage more.

You have very nice and fine gear already! Arachnophilia!
Last edited by Chromino on Jan 14, 2022, 8:01:12 AM
Are there any scourge mods or implicit mods that are good for Arakali's Fang?

What about Harvest Enchants?
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:
Are there any scourge mods or implicit mods that are good for Arakali's Fang?

What about Harvest Enchants?

Hi livejamie,

there is a spoiler found about the Scourgemods on page 50 in the tradelinks.

+1 skilllevel free 5 passives instead chaos-mastery for HoAg lvl 31, cannot be frozen / actionspeed cannot be modified below 75% on boots are extreme strong and granted HoA lvl 22 is a possibility, but almost alltime the Skin of the Lords remains even then best in slot.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3019705/page/50

For the dagger the very rare attackspeed harvestcraft is recommended (see section dagger in "gear, skills, links"), or for cyclone accuracy or area of effect are fitting well too. The implicit granted frenzy charges on kill don't buff much without culling strike or Gravebinds.
Last edited by Chromino on Jan 14, 2022, 5:58:07 PM
Hello guys,

I want to say thank you to Chromino and Monik for the great work on the evolution of this build. Unfortunately i did not have time to play myself this league but i did spend a lot of time theorycrafting. So the following build is purely theoretical, availability of items have not been checked because league is kinda dead etc.
My main inspiration was Moniks build. I looked at the scourged Arakaalis Fang with the +1 to skills and thought how far can i go with 5 additional skill points? and then i went even further beyond :D

I present to you the Spell suppression Arachnophobiac. It has 55% spell suppression, full block (no glancing blows), determination, grace, full ailment immunity with purity of element, tempest shield, divine shield and ghost dance in this version. 7k ES, 60k Armor, 30k Evasion
this is a cyclone version
Downsides: very expensive, hard to balance stats like str, dex and all res, dmg is a bit lower

https://pastebin.com/maSR5XDf

I also made an Iron Reflex Ball Lightning version:

https://pastebin.com/bDLCfCZ1

With only 1 or 2 rare items in the build it was kinda hard to balance everything. You have to put +all attributes, str, dex and/or all res on all Jewels and Implicits you have available. Mana balancing was the hardest especcially without the rare helmet in the iron reflex version. The small mana efficiency jewels with 3 passives really made this build happen, one with increased efficiency which is very nice.

For the next league scourge goes away unfortunately so you would have to take a big damage hit but i still think there is a lot of potential with this pathing. You get a third large jewel socket, you path next to 2 nodes with total 25% chance to poison etc.

There are still a lot of things i need to test which i could not this league for example Wicked Ward. I did not include it because it just does not look good on paper for me but i would be happy to hear some argument for or against it.
Also an interesting choice for certain bosses could be Lethe Shade. With ailment immunity there is nearly no downside except for bleeding. For me personally i think 1 sec of 50% less damage standing in Shapers beam could be just enough to (slowly :D) move out of it, also against those annoying endlessly stacking ground dots from Maven.
For Divine Shield i would like to see some tests as well but its probably mandatory going forward.
I hope you enjoy this variation as much as i had fun finding the best path to maximise Split Personality.
Last edited by FxDragon on Jan 14, 2022, 11:01:40 AM
"
FxDragon wrote:
Hello guys,

I want to say thank you to Chromino and Monik for the great work on the evolution of this build. Unfortunately i did not have time to play myself this league but i did spend a lot of time theorycrafting. So the following build is purely theoretical, availability of items have not been checked because league is kinda dead etc.
My main inspiration was Moniks build. I looked at the scourged Arakaalis Fang with the +1 to skills and thought how far can i go with 5 additional skill points? and then i went even further beyond :D

I present to you the Spell suppression Arachnophobiac. It has 55% spell suppression, full block (no glancing blows), determination, grace, full ailment immunity with purity of element, tempest shield, divine shield and ghost dance in this version. 7k ES, 60k Armor, 30k Evasion
this is a cyclone version
Downsides: very expensive, hard to balance stats like str, dex and all res, dmg is a bit lower

https://pastebin.com/maSR5XDf

I also made an Iron Reflex Ball Lightning version:

https://pastebin.com/bDLCfCZ1

With only 1 or 2 rare items in the build it was kinda hard to balance everything. You have to put +all attributes, str, dex and/or all res on all Jewels and Implicits you have available. Mana balancing was the hardest especcially without the rare helmet in the iron reflex version. The small mana efficiency jewels with 3 passives really made this build happen, one with increased efficiency which is very nice.

For the next league scourge goes away unfortunately so you would have to take a big damage hit but i still think there is a lot of potential with this pathing. You get a third large jewel socket, you path next to 2 nodes with total 25% chance to poison etc.

There are still a lot of things i need to test which i could not this league for example Wicked Ward. I did not include it because it just does not look good on paper for me but i would be happy to hear some argument for or against it.
Also an interesting choice for certain bosses could be Lethe Shade. With ailment immunity there is nearly no downside except for bleeding. For me personally i think 1 sec of 50% less damage standing in Shapers beam could be just enough to (slowly :D) move out of it, also against those annoying endlessly stacking ground dots from Maven.
For Divine Shield i would like to see some tests as well but its probably mandatory going forward.
I hope you enjoy this variation as much as i had fun finding the best path to maximise Split Personality.

Hi FxDragon!

Arachnophilia! And thank you very much too!

Yes, the +1 skilllevel opens up a lot possibilities. I personally would go, when the defences are optimized, for another minionmastery like gravepact . On a rare amulet +1/+2 are not valuable, aul's uprising makes the strong clusters and split personalities possible. But fullgeared the defences are so tanky 0.5M that the 5 passives chaos-mastery are easy pathed.

Spell suppression is extreme strong. And you pathed great. The two questions about taking it in are:

1) With 75% spellblock spell suppression is only the remaining 25% efficient

2) with aegis aurora you recover 1.2- 3.5 k es on spellblock, so with the shield spellblock is overall more charming than suppression.

So I personally I would only add spell suppression when it's without transferpassives to path or a well roll on a not needed stat of gear.

Purity of elements is strong too - but it's so easy to get the resistances and avoidances on gear, also overcapped against scorch easy to obtain. So it's in the end only 20% ignitereductions and 30% freeze/ chillreductions valuable - that is one flasksuffix, an amulet-anoint, a small cluster or one stat on boots or one stat on ring. Instead the huge 50% skillreservations of purity of elements and a needed skillsocket for the aura are not a small downside. When you use headhunter-belt it's a fitting possibility to get the resistances.

I always decided to go with the small 20-30% freeze/ ignites ailments and decided for a sapphire flask against freezing bosses and prefer the 15% increased duration of all skills and 75% more of the vaal skills with high es on boots. The remaining two 20% elemental ailments were never a threating.

Wicked ward is only small added uptime of recharge and substain when you level relax the last levels.
In other content it don't help much or you need to optimize it with watcher's eye recharge-mod and some recharge-passives, then it get fast another strong subtain beside. You can switch these passives easy to the chaos-mastery, voices clusters with more pure agony or a second minion-mastery for example.

Very interesting and great pathing and a good variation! I will try to check it ingame too.
Last edited by Chromino on Jan 15, 2022, 7:13:43 AM
Congratulations also to Ax_Aquila for full 100! A long path is farmed!

Glancing blows, 126k armour, 9 k es, Iron reflexes is the set-up and the good old memory vault is still geared for a bit more armour and some nice attackblocks in great gloves.

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Varalys/Ax_Aquila?i=24&search=class%3DGuardian%26skill%3DHerald-of-Agony

Congratulations also to 40/ 40 challenges completed! The feared simultan kicked
well!
Last edited by Chromino on Jan 16, 2022, 10:05:45 PM
Whats better 4G 1R 1B chest or 3G 2R 1B chest

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info