[3.24]The Arachnophobia Allstars|100% Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 50M

"
freerobux wrote:
Whats better 4G 1R 1B chest or 3G 2R 1B chest

Hi freerobox!

Best is 4G 1R 1B. In the spoiler "The dirty scorpion-tail - Supports and Mana of Herald of Agony" you find the whole rating.

1) 4g, 1r, 1b
2) 3g, 2r, 1b
3) 3g, 1r, 2b
4) 2g, 2r, 2b

There is also a new rating of keystones in the section body armour in "gear, skills, links".
Without [3.15] blindings iron reflexes Falls back, but remains against Sirus A 7-9 best for facetanking all his attacks.

Last edited by Chromino on Jan 18, 2022, 11:20:52 AM
I wanted to try this build, I switched at level 85 and I played 5 levels to "feel" the build but I am having a bit of hard time. These are my pob and gear:
Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/kjdvwYrF
Spoiler

I feel like I am still a bit squishy and I get one shot from time to time. It also looks like my damage on single target is lacking. What can I do to improve? I understand that HoA scales with gem level so I pathed to chaos mastery while I get some good clusters. What should I upgrade next?
"
Jhoira wrote:
I wanted to try this build, I switched at level 85 and I played 5 levels to "feel" the build but I am having a bit of hard time. These are my pob and gear:
Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/kjdvwYrF
Spoiler

I feel like I am still a bit squishy and I get one shot from time to time. It also looks like my damage on single target is lacking. What can I do to improve? I understand that HoA scales with gem level so I pathed to chaos mastery while I get some good clusters. What should I upgrade next?

Hi Jhoira!

Your gear is already looking great. PoB is sometimes not calculating reserved mana correct and shows negative numbers - did you activated all big auras determination, grace, discipline, tempest shield?

For defences check the spoiler "checklist defences" step by step. Your attackblockings 54% and es 6k are a little bit too low. Do you have maxed the pantheons for example?

Now your damage is only 3M, that is for some t16 maps not much. With some levels and optimizations you get 9-17M: For damage you will improve much when you get more medium clusters with "pure agony". This will double your damage.
Your HoAg level is now 27. 28 and 31 are the levels your damage will improve much too when you got the awakened gems.

I would improve:

- Change the ascendancy bastion of hope to time of need.
Or use cwdt instead cws. Bastion of hope makes cast when stunned almost unusable and so you miss 3k es/ sec from frostshield and more.

- you can increase your cold resistances to 80%

- regret: 3 passives prodigial proliferation, 2 arcane will, 2 righteous decree. Stay a bit closer to the pob-tab "wicked ward" to optimize your pathing.

Like in the actual pob: https://pastebin.com/PckSa20v

Activate 4 points "ghost dance", get a bit spellblock and the clusters:

- You have much increased efficiencies of HoAg and so much dimishing returns. A second cluster "uncompromising", with 2x 6% efficiencies on the transfer points would help to get large clusters and regret 4 passives "presage".

- Use a large cluster with attackblocks or a jewel "replica pure talent". Then in the next levels add medium clusters "pure agony".

- in gear a watcher's eye, better amulets and gloves, eber's unification and the awakened and alternate gems will upgrade most. I would start with cheap rainbow-boots with 6% spellblock (instead 4%) and then get first the needed clusters.

Aul's uprising is expensive, but makes manamanagement and with this after defences, passives and clusters most easy.
Thanks for the reply! Regarding auras and increased efficiency, I know I have too much, I was trying to fit in tempest shield but I couldn't. I ended up dropping it but now I have too much unreserved mana.

I played a bit with pob and, following your recommendation, this is what I got to https://pastebin.com/t938Yq60

Now I should be able to fit tempest shield and get a bit more damage thanks to the cluster. Also I am not sure what the "6% efficiencies on the transfer points" jewels would look like, had a quick look at the trade website but couldn't find it.

Last, is it possible to get to 75/75 block? would that require going glancing blows?
"
Jhoira wrote:
Thanks for the reply! Regarding auras and increased efficiency, I know I have too much, I was trying to fit in tempest shield but I couldn't. I ended up dropping it but now I have too much unreserved mana.

I played a bit with pob and, following your recommendation, this is what I got to https://pastebin.com/t938Yq60

Now I should be able to fit tempest shield and get a bit more damage thanks to the cluster. Also I am not sure what the "6% efficiencies on the transfer points" jewels would look like, had a quick look at the trade website but couldn't find it.

Last, is it possible to get to 75/75 block? would that require going glancing blows?

There are small clusters, 3 points, 2 passives with 2x 6% skill-efficiencies. These ones, on page 50 are all tradelinks in the spoiler "cluster jewels manamanagement":

Start with "uncompromising":

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Scourge/XDrKkl7FP

Possible is also self-control:

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Scourge/gWOBXKauQ

or all 3 notables to choose:

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Scourge/mjOzdeaC6

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3019705/page/50

With them you should have easy enough mana to trigger the skills like full level divergent frostshield and regret "presage".

You have wicked ward with 20k evasion. You evade buffed 90% of attackhits, so attackblock is 90% less effective and so not so much important, 60% are enough (with iron reflexes and it's 0% evasion you should have 70%). But spellblock is your maindefence against spellhits and you need 70-75%.

I advice to fullblock around 60% attackblock and 70% spellblock (see spoiler "choose your edition"), without glancing blows, with rumi's flask. With lower blockings ordinary using glancing blows is better for starting.

Your 70% spellblock is fine in your level, the next more attackblock you get typical with:

- "deflection" anoint on amulet (when you have an aul's uprising)
- better blocks on "rumi's concoction flask" (12% instead 8%)
- belt-jewel when you use a stygian belt

- and 2% spellblock more on boots (6% instead 4%)

That's total already 6+4+2= nice 12%

Then later:
- eventually on watcher's eye, but better on the other spots.
- You should use one of the large clusters for blockings, spellblock or attackblock, see spoiler "jewels and clusters"

On page 50 is a complete spoiler "sources of stats" for more possibilities of blocking-stats.

Your defences are now with 200k already tanky, but still raise your es and your spellblock a little bit for multiple mod red maps.

Your damage is not perfect. Get awakened minion damage and awakened void manipulation and empower lvl 4, and most important and to priorize you still miss 3x medium clusters "pure agony", they scale extreme your HoAg-damage too.

You have overcapped 120% chance to poison and can also get better rings with HoAg-damage or change one ring to whispers of doom for 2 curses with a rare ring despair on hit.

Let it sting!
Last edited by Chromino on Jan 20, 2022, 1:23:31 PM
Does this build have any kind of pack popping? I'm playing the occultist version of this now (the spider part anyways), but looking for something tankier. This looks awesome but without profane bloom how is clearspeed in comparison?
Last edited by saxisa on Jan 20, 2022, 12:59:03 PM
"
saxisa wrote:
Does this build have any kind of pack popping? I'm playing the occultist version of this now (the spider part anyways), but looking for something tankier. This looks awesome but without profane bloom how is clearspeed in comparison?

Hey saxisa!

The build uses melee-splash for mapping for the spiders and anomalous pierce or awakened fork for the scorpion. The spiders deal only about 2M damage and are utilized more to buff the 10-20M HoAg-damage with 15 withers singletarget. So it oneshots extensivly clean the screens with 30-80 projectiles and splashing spiders. You can use asenath's gentle-touch-gloves for aoe, but the build-set-up is already perfect for simulacrums, blight, delve etc.

You find videos of the clearspeed in the header and in the "video"-spoiler.

Yes, the guardian is 50-100% more tanky as the default Occultist and has more damage also. The build uses aegis aurora, 4 keystones and 4 big auras for defences, and shows up at the same time 20M damage and more fullgeared. In the guardian-ascendancy that is by far the best scaleable minion-damage in these months.

Last edited by Chromino on Jan 20, 2022, 5:30:11 PM
Hey Chromino if you are the creator of this build can you include my alt leveling guide for it taken from Balaar's video run?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3228456

It goes step by step what he does in the video to go through maps I'm only thinking of doing the first four acts but check out what i've done so far. I also have a POB to accompany it for gem links.
"
Shaddrak wrote:
Hey Chromino if you are the creator of this build can you include my alt leveling guide for it taken from Balaar's video run?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3228456

It goes step by step what he does in the video to go through maps I'm only thinking of doing the first four acts but check out what i've done so far. I also have a POB to accompany it for gem links.

Hi Shaddrak!

Absolutely and i would love to do! I added the link in the levelling tipps first and will take a look later!

I did not created that speedlevelling of Balaar. There he is the master and improves each second in his runs awesome!

I adviced only to the advantages of phantasms with clear-speed, damage-uptime and their ability to block a lot when you play with immortal and not targetable minions like HoAg and spiders here in this build of me. And that the HoAg summons them fast and reliable with his multiple projectiles and long range.

This mastership in speed is solely from Balaar!
Last edited by Chromino on Jan 20, 2022, 9:02:48 PM
"
Chromino wrote:
"
saxisa wrote:

Hey saxisa!

The build uses melee-splash for mapping for the spiders and anomalous pierce or awakened fork for the scorpion. The spiders deal only about 2M damage and are utilized more to buff the 10-20M HoAg-damage with 15 withers singletarget. So it oneshots extensivly clean the screens with 30-80 projectiles and splashing spiders. You can use asenath's gentle-touch-gloves for aoe, but the build-set-up is already perfect for simulacrums, blight, delve etc.

You find videos of the clearspeed in the header and in the "video"-spoiler.

Yes, the guardian is 50-100% more tanky as the default Occultist and has more damage also. The build uses aegis aurora, 4 keystones and 4 big auras for defences, and shows up at the same time 20M damage and more fullgeared. In the guardian-ascendancy that is by far the best scaleable minion-damage in these months.

Awesome response thanks! Barring any nerfs, I think I'll give this a go in 3.17.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info