[3.23X]The Arachnophobia Allstars|100% Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 32M
Link to this post: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3019705/page/334#p24447710
Sup. Real quick intro:
I was running Allstars Herald of Agony since 3.15. After I tried it for the first time, I immediately fell in love with the build concept.
The only thing I wasn't able to deal with - self-casting gameplay. So, with some cyclone-lovers (Dreadmoore and Kujabuja) we went through some things and ended up with some nice gloves which helped us a lot.
During 3.16, Allstars went through massive changes and amazing buffs, making it one of the best builds out of the jungle in the endgame.
We made it tankier, while doing more damage. We improved some mechanics and implemented better changes. It was a great league for us. And, for me personally.
From the league start, I decided to follow Chromino's Glancing Blows version, and during the league, I was working hard to develop and improve not only my own build, but the Allstars in general. As a result, we made it big:
1. Full Chaos conversion. Finally, we got easy access to scaling damage. It was a long discussion between me and Chromino =) However, the desicion to include it in the build was made.
Paired with Chromino's suggestion about a new BiS helmet - Eber's Unification, full chaos conversion offered almost 40% more damage.
2. Virulence on 4-link for full chaos conversion. I started to research the ways to get it even before I got my triad grips.
As a part of my cyclone-style gameplay, white socketed gloves suited really well, so I decided to make a gem-swap setup. Cyclone for mapping, Storm Burst for 60 virulence on bosses.
Chromino did his research too and managed to get 70 virulence on 4-link with Ball lightning - Storm Brand setup. Really great job.
3. Improvement for Cyclone setup. Dapake was the one who suggested me to use the Stampede boots. As a result, my build became a lot smoother, and at the end of the league, they became irreplaceable for me, and played a huge role in the highest end-game farming.
As a result of all the above, I was able to push through my variation of Chromino's Glancing Blows version to the highest and hardest content in the game without broken items like Mageblood, HH, and Squire:
✔️Simulacrum 30/30 farming.
✔️Nemesis maximum juiced farming.
✔️All bosses in the game, including the Feared Simultaneously.
So, in this post, I want to share not only my build but also a lot of tips about the hardest endgame and top-tier farming.
I'll be real quick about my build here:
I. POBs for 3.18:
1. Valsacars build (lvl100, 15.8m sdps, 1.4m ehp): https://pastebin.com/B09t7xjn
Another body armor (12.8m sdps, 2.1m ehp): https://pastebin.com/KNhnqZtZ
2. Tanky (88% all res, 14m sdps, 3.1m ehp): https://pastebin.com/EXUACd0m
3. Very tanky (88% all res, 11m spds, inf ehp): https://pastebin.com/dBAEpijS
Builds 2 and 3 are using impossible escape with Supreme Ego for Charisma and mana reservation node. Pob just don't show it. Both builds are mana stable with no reservation problems.
II. Difference and implementations I made specifically for the Simulacrum and other high-end content:
1. Hydrosphere (outdated since 3.17):
We placed in in virulence setup instead of ball lightning:
Cyclone/Storm Burst - Chance to Poison - Awakened Cast while Channeling - Hydrosphere
The magic of the Hydrosphere is in synergy with the Divergent Melee Splash instead of Multistrike in Arakaali's Fang:
Divergent Melee Splash - Awakened Unbound Ailments - Withering Touch.
Strike skills: Strike skills that strike additional nearby targets, such as those supported by Ancestral Call Support, can choose the hydrosphere as a nearby target. When combined with skills that deal area of effect damage, such as Molten Strike or skills supported by Melee Splash Support, these extra strikes can cause an area of effect overlap back onto the primary target that may increase single target DPS.
tl;dr: When the hydrosphere is near the target, spiders do more damage with the extra attack. With the Divergent Melee Splash 20/20, they do 99% more damage, which is more than Awakened Multistrike can offer.
As a result, we noticed a huge increase in clear speed and slightly more damage on a single target overall. I also noticed higher rewards in simulacrum. I started to get more 6 orbed rewards, and less 4 orbed rewards. Latter became quite rare.
The downside of such change is - we have to swap cyclone for storm burst more often, since cyclone alone can sustain just 30-35 virulence, and hydrosphere doesn't help.
Storm Burst is perfectly fine here, having no problem sustaining 60 virulence on a single target.
2. Purity of Elements
When I tried Simulacrum for the first time, I got crushed by alternative elemental ailments, such as Brittle and Scorch, so I decided to get all elemental ailment immunity no matter what.
As a result, I had to invest more in mana reservation, but it was a perfect decision to cover the lack of resistances bc of the quantity of uniques in my build.
Another good point of that decision - a better choice of flasks, since i don't need to get flasks against ailments.
3. Cyclone and Stampede boots.
Stampede boots allow us to get rid of a quicksilver flask because they fixate movement speed, as a result, we are using 1 more, flexible, utility flask.
With Stampedes, cyclone gameplay becomes a lot smoother. Since in Simulacrum we don't require high movement speed, this setup is just perfect.
Another thing here is - more mobile cycloning offers better survivability bc of we just dodge more attacks and spells.
4. Awakened chain instead of the pierce for clearing.
No comments, it's just better. It's like this:
Anomalous Pierce < Awakened Fork < Awakened Chain.
Eber's Unification is not suited well for channeling skills. It triggers only on a single cast, not while channeling.
So while Eber's is the BiS for the self-casting and offers the highest single target dps,
For Cyclone-style clearing, it doesn't offer any help.
So, for Nemesis and Simulacrum farming a rare hubris with "Nearby Enemies have -9(-12)% to Chaos Resistance" is better than Eber's mechanically.
My current helmet (lame crafting):
5. Ghost Dance and how most of our defensive layers work (i didn't include Aegis Aurora):
Ghost Dance is triggered only when you take a full hit, which was not evaded or blocked. Hits taken with Glancing Blows are also considered as blocked.
Ghost Shroud is the final layer of defense against hits when everything else failed.
Ghost Dance is a preferred choice for Glancing Blows, BiS skill in the Skin of the Lords. No alternatives.
High evasion, required for Ghost Dance, prevents taking damage from hits a lot. While with Iron Reflexes and Glancing Blows you are just a sandbag for beating, without any damage prevention.
6. Pantheon: Aberrath/Solaris.
Burning ground is dangerous in simulacrum, so it's good to have it. Solaris offers a bit more defense against crits and big hits.
7. Bandits: Kill All.
III. 3.17 Changes:
✔️ Removed Hydrosphere.
No comments, it got nerfed.
✔️ Edit: Divine Blessing didn't meet my expectations and makes the build clunkier.
✔️ As a result of the changes above, new 4-link skill gem setups are:
a) Cyclone/Storm Burst - Chance to Poison - Awakened Cast while Channeling - Ball Lightning
b) Divergent Cast When Stunned - Molten Shell - Summon Carrion Golem - Feeding Frenzy
Checklist for 30/30 farming:
✔️ Stun immunity/interruption avoidance: Awakened Cast While Channeling lvl 5.
✔️ All elemental ailment immunity/avoidance/reduced duration: Purity of Elements.
✔️ Ghost Dance with at least 34k evasion flasked.
✔️ At least 10m dps. If below - it is still doable, but not farmable.
✔️ Flasks according to added extra damage on the wave (i.e. ruby flask if monsters deal 90% extra physical as fire). Priority: Fire > Lightning > Cold.
✔️ 100% curse reduction. Achieved by a passive tree (time of need + armour and energy shield mastery)
✔️ Burning ground immunity - Abberath pantheon.
✔️ Crit reduction - Solaris pantheon.
- Gem swapping is required past wave 24.
- All elemental ailments immunity is a must-have. Shocks/ignites/freezes can be avoided by flasks, but scorch and brittle can not. They are very dangerous.
- As I mentioned before, we are running cyclone with stampede boots. Cyclone allows to evade much of incoming damage, and stampede allows to use 4th utility flask instead of quicksilver, which can be swapped for ruby/topaz/sapphire flasks against extra elemental damage mods. In my case, I swap the Basalt flask.
- Kosis can be overwhelming during your 1st runs, but, mechanically it's quite easy boss fight. Facetank auto-attacks - frostblink from projectile barrage and beam behind him and avoid giga-slam (kosis jumps on the big ball). Most annoying mod: +50-60% to Chaos Resistance.
- There is another cancer mod - reducing flask charges with attacks. As result, we fight Kosis w/o spiders. There are 2 options to deal with it:
1. Cold iron point with wither totems
2. Standard minion trigger wand with Summon Skeletons-Withering Touch - Multistrike Didn't test it yet.
- Ompniphobia... is just a sandbag. Able to facetank it even with critical nodes.
- General strategy for waves 25-30 - split bosses > clear shit > kill fat ass > duel Kosis. I usually swap gems while engaged in a fight with Omniphobia.
I started to farm simulacrum full clears with this (11m dps): https://pastebin.com/KyejHZ5E
How my current build performs in Simulacrum:
Wave 30: https://youtu.be/S9m_ZbyPHvY
Warning for 3.17: Dead. Completely.
Reserved for future updates if it will get back ever.
Nemesis farming is a totally busted farming method, which holds one of the highest profit per hour and ROI in 3.16.
I was avoiding it during past leagues and for 5 weeks of 3.16. The main reason - I was always thinking this method suited only with t1 clearing builds with headhunter, and I thought that HH is a must-have for this kind of farming.
Because I never had a good HH build before I didn't want to look into it.
I decided to try nem3 for the first time a week ago just to challenge myself and... It was easy. I cannot say how much I was surprised with both low difficulty for my build and crazy currency drops there.
I experimented with juicing, from a super low budget setup with 0 related passives and watchstones to the highest investment possible, including 100% delirious maps, elevated sextants, and winged scarabs. Everything was doable, and I profited really hard.
That is why I decided to include a small guide to it here.
So, What is Nemesis farming?
It is farming of properly juiced maps with mods:
xx% More rare Monsters
Rare Monsters each have a Nemesis Mod
Roll it with alch/scour.
With a specific sextant mod on watchstone:
Nemesis Monsters drop x additional Basic Currency Items
The process of juicing a map includes other sextant modifiers, scarabs, map device mods, prophecies, and master's missions aimed at increasing monsters count.
Just one properly juiced map can have more monsters than several alch and go maps. And currency drops can outperform loot from dozens of alch and go maps.
Dropping a few raw exalts per 1 map is a normal thing here.
How to setup:
There were different setups in different leagues. I won't bother with the history of changes here, I will adjust it for the current league.
So, for 3.16:
Region: Glennach Cairns.
Beyond nodes are mandatory to start. Abyss is just very good.
As for Uncharted Realm, mandatory passives are highlighted:
List of useful watchstones:
- Platinum Watchstones with:
a) Demonic: Beyond Portals in Areas have (5–6)% chance to spawn an additional Beyond Demon
b) Fraught: Slaying Enemies close together in Areas has a 1% chance to attract monsters from Beyond
- Chromium Watchstones with:
Rare Monsters in Areas have (8–10)% chance to drop an additional Basic Currency Item
- Unique Watchstones:
a) Booming Populace (packsize)
b) War Among The Stars (few more packs of elder/shaper monsters)
1. Be sure to buy magic watchstones for the required region. In 3.16 it is Glennach Cairns.
2. You don't need to buy all of the listed above. Use any combination of those:
I'm using 4 Demonic.
Streamers love Fraught.
A couple of my guildmates run 2 Demonic and 2 Chromiums.
Unique watchstones can be bought with required sextants.
War Among The Stars adds elder/shaper monsters and can be used instead of scarabs.
In other words, experiment by yourself. Start with the cheaper ones.
Atlas and Watchstones are outdated!
Everything else is perfectly fine. Nemesis farming is still rocking!
Required to roll mods on watchstones. We are using either Awakened or Elevated sextants, depending on the budget. You cannot use 2 watchstones with the same sextants.
Mandatory mods (in brackets are elevated mods):
- Nemesis Monsters drop 3(4) additional Basic Currency Items
- Slaying Enemies close together in Areas has a 6%(8%) chance to attract monsters from Beyond
Beyond Portals in Areas have 33% chance to spawn an additional Beyond Demon
Really good for Glennach Cairns:
- Areas contain 2(3) additional Abysses
Areas can contain Abysses
For the last watchstone roll one of those:
- Unique Monsters drop Corrupted Items
- Areas can contain Breaches
- Areas contain an additional Legion Encounter
- Areas contain hunted traitors
- Areas contain a Blight Encounter
- Magic Maps contain 5 additional packs of Magic Monsters
Normal Maps contain 5 additional packs of Normal Monsters
Rare Maps contain 5 additional Rare Monster packs
I oppose rolling "Areas contain a mirror of Delirium" here, it is awesome with dedicated Headhunter mapping builds. We are using delirium orbs instead.
How to roll sextant mods properly (Sextant blocking, not my video and tut):
Very short tutorial: put in 3 watchstones with sextant mods you don't want, put in your watchstone where you want to roll the good stuff, and go. This way the "bad" mods can't roll and you throw them out of the pool.
Original reddit post with the video and tut: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/qijwez/loot_from_8_beyond_nemesis_maps_description_inside/
We use scarabs for further increasing of monsters count. The tier of scarabs depends on budget, I'll elaborate on this below.
Scarabs you really want to run:
- Abyss with Glennach Cairns abyss passives is the best.
Other useful scarabs:
Blight > Breach > Legion/Elder > Ambush.
Always pick blight scarab unless you rolled it with a sextant.
I prefer elder over legion too.
Any delirium orb of your choice. The cheapest works well.
Prophecy - The twins. It duplicates rare monsters.
- No magic/unique watchstones.
- Beyond passives in Glennach Cairns.
- 1 mandatory passive in Uncharted Realms for 1 additional use of sextant.
- Rusted scarabs.
- No delirium orbs/prophecy.
Yes. It works. Trust me. I tested it for you.
- Magic watchstones (combinations of demonic, fraught, and/or chromium)
- All passives in Glennach Cairns, as mentioned.
- 2 mandatory passives in Uncharted Realms.
- Gilded Abyss, Gilded Breach, Polished Harbinger, Polished Blight scarabs.
- 1 Delirium orb/prophecy.
- Elevated sextants.
- Winged scarabs.
- 80-100% delirious maps (4-5 orbs with good rewards)
- Elder/Shaper-influenced map with both Nemesis and Beyond (13% chance to spawn beyond monsters) mods.
A super-quick 1-2-3 tutorial on how to start a f*cking nemesis map:
3. Put a map and scarabs.
2. Trigger Alva mission.
1. Choose Beyond in the list of crafts. Click Activate.
Loot from 1 map on a higher investment:
Not much tho.
This is just cancer for this build to run, but totally doable.
1. Instead of Molten Shell and Frost Shield in cws setup, go with Carrion Golem + Feeding Frenzy. You have to get as much dps as possible for it.
2. Convocation instead of mark or frost blink. Mechanically, herald of agony is not suited for breachstones at all, bc it deals the damage stationary and can shoot from offscreen, missing projectiles just like that. So convocation is a must here and has to be used on cd.
3. You want a rare helmet for here instead of Eber's. It would be even better if chaos res reduction is elevated.
4. Pierce must be changed for either Awakened Chain or Fork (completed with a fork).
Attention: Low-quality graphics and game freezes. Sorry about that.
I will gladly add any videos from you. Don't be shy, record some stuff, please.
*Recently uploaded:* Simulacrum wave 30 with the endgame build: https://youtu.be/S9m_ZbyPHvY
My 1st Simulacrum 30/30 completion: https://youtu.be/dIUzsHghogw
My 1st Sirus a9: https://youtu.be/JV5FiW6gZPE
Crushing the Hidden: https://youtu.be/AvxjT-hi7QI
60% deli Beyond t16 map on just 4.4k ES: https://youtu.be/cNIkJz0K_qs
One of my early Nemesis 3 maps: https://youtu.be/9qjxA65uUl0
Besides some stuff I want to share, I will add a FAQ here too. Feel free to ask me smth.
- How to complete any blighted maps: https://old.reddit.com/r/PathOfExileBuilds/comments/qar183/blight_is_a_tower_defense_game_you_dont_need_a/
- How to do heists in the right way: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/pgel2n/comment/hbat44c/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
- Some low investment farming:
- Sirus farming: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/r54kv3/loot_from_44_sirus_at_awakenening_level_9_and/
Those people helped to make this build:
Chromino: the author of the main guide: The Arachnophobia Allstars, insane work done by him and all those people who helped him.
dapake: suggested using Stampede with cyclone.
erigol07: suggested using Unbound Ailments instead of Minion Damage for spiders.
Valsacar: one of the pioneers of this build, helps with testing and suggesting new staff.
Last edited by monik390 on Jul 11, 2022, 3:56:17 PM
on Dec 13, 2021, 11:42:37 AM
I'm having trouble with the fang -- why do I seeming HAVE to do the desecrate x 2, then storm brand, then hit the jar and pray it pops them all on the first try? Why doesn't it proc off mobs I definitely killed as I have zero spiders out?
This is frustrating to me since I'm not sure how I'm supposed to do any kind of damage without them. Having to resummon constantly and having to pause and wait for another flask chance if it DOESN'T work the first time is really annoying.
I'm positive I just don't get something about them and/or this build. I've dumped a lot of currency into it (ignore my flask situation, I'm in lab and realized they're 100% wrong except that I have the jar)
ETA: I have read other posts about this but they're still confusing to me.
ETA2: I found this "monik390 added very nice tipps to autotrigger spiders:
which seems straightforward and I'll give it a shot, if I need more help I'll edit again ^_^
Shoutout to Monik390
ETA3: How does this work if I don't use the fang? Sorry for the density of muh brains
I want to rock right meow
Last edited by Laeortia on Dec 13, 2021, 1:33:12 PM
on Dec 13, 2021, 12:55:54 PM
I was having the same problem till I realized that the worms pop behind me .. SO if you are using storm brand( I dont) put one in front and another behind and then use the jar (make sure corpses are around first)
on Dec 13, 2021, 1:17:59 PM
Thank you for this answer!
I want to rock right meow
on Dec 13, 2021, 1:31:31 PM
Cold Iron point doesn't use Arakaali's Fang skill gem setup.
It uses totems for a single target only:
I strongly recommend using Gravebind with Arakaali's Fang before you get some understanding of the spidey dagger.
Cold Iron Point at higher-end is weak.
Last edited by monik390 on Dec 13, 2021, 2:48:18 PM
on Dec 13, 2021, 2:47:39 PM
Gravebind is amazing! Thank you for that. I'm running on one cylinder today and missed that in the other tip section -_- Feels v smooth now!
I want to rock right meow
on Dec 13, 2021, 3:41:41 PM
Just wanted to say thank you Chromino, I've been having a great time with this build and it allowed me to finally get that GG end game drop I've always dreamed of getting. Always hoped for a Mirror but a Mirror worth item will do :D!
I've also been working on a new pair of gloves, still need to roll the prefixes though.
I ran out of currency so until that Voices sells it will have to wait. They are however, good enough for me to use as is right now and I must say its making the gameplay sooooo smooth. I still have uses and bosses I prefer to just ball lightning and brand. I just wanted a more auto and speedy gameplay for farming using cyclone. With these gloves, and GMP I can easily hold 60 Virulence. Having culling is just too nice not to have. I was using these:
I think the best things I can upgrade is a ghost dance chest then focus on trying to get max block without GB. It's so tempting to keep the Voices cause it would also be huge for my build and help getting to that max block. Any advice on upgrade paths I should take next?
on Dec 13, 2021, 4:02:47 PM
thank you too! Congratulations and let them crawl!
Boooh, a drop of nice dreams!! Incredible! Amazing!
3/ 1 void passives Voices are fitting well into the build. When you like, take a look in the pob into the tree-tab "voices clusters" (65-70 virulences, replica pure talent, etc.) It's not as tanky as the full-block tree, but you can go for 21M and more when you drive the highway 65 to damage. With 65 virulences you can still balance very well tanky too...!
Last edited by Chromino on Dec 14, 2021, 6:14:11 AM
on Dec 13, 2021, 5:28:39 PM
In the moment in trade oooonlyy ...
49 000 Choasorbs
Hehehe 😀 😀 😀
on Dec 14, 2021, 5:37:55 AM
Nemesis farming report.
Loot from 1 map:
on Dec 14, 2021, 1:31:36 PM