[3.24]The Arachnophobia Allstars|100% Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 50M

Finally managed to sort out resists and went full 75/75 block with some nice cluster jewels and a new circle.

Corrupted stampedes for a cheap way to push auras (and molten shell) even higher.

Last few chase items for me would be a 90% mana multiplier Ebers, despair on hit gloves, +1 phys arakaali and grace/determination aegis with block implicit.

Unfortunately, the league is pretty much dead and nothing on the market (and I'm also out of exalts :D).

Thanks again for the build guide. Just one big tip - sometimes less is more. There is far too much information over multiple pages. It's fine for people that have been playing for a while and take the time to read through it all, but for everyone else I assume it's quite confusing. Must be a complete pain to keep updated too. I would probably try and reduce the guide to just the essentials.

Edit:
not quite +1 phys, but a nice QOL upgrade nevertheless!

"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Last edited by qwertz on Dec 12, 2021, 10:38:37 AM
"
RXA623 wrote:
"
Chromino wrote:
Hi RXA623, please change your profile from private or post a pob if you need or want some tipps.

The added supports are not deleted because with corrupted sockets of skin of the lords you need to choose flexible the fitting supports also for mana.

You can take also a look in the spoilers "Tipps for starting and levelling", "checklist damage" and "the dirty scorpion tail" for the details.

Thanks, but I'll manage the rough levelling. It got slightly better levelling as HoA, although I'm pretty sure I'd get a lot better results by just sticking with totems or anything else.

Not trying to complain here for no reason, it's just that compared to how expansive the end-game sections of the guide are, the levelling section just seems... Difficult to follow, I guess? I can figure it out after a bunch of staring and thinking, but it's not as clear as I'm used to. To give some examples, so this doesn't look like a baseless rant:

- there is no clear mention of having to keep up with HoA Dex requirement (needing like 60 extra Dex at level 50+, before being able to equip Circles of Nostalgia), not a huge deal, but involves a lot of swaps as I go, unless I roll with Astramentis (which I found mentioned in a single line in the PoB notes wall of text).

- Stygian Vise with 40ES, 165% Ele Resists, 500+ Armour and 57 Mana is in the levelling set,

- skills section has "First Herald if you love your crawler" and "First Herald, Herald of Purity if speed levelling", but both show the exact same HoA setups,

- levelling in Acts 1-3 in skills section has gem setups for a 2-link Freezing Pulse and a 1-link Holy Flame Totem, without any link suggestions, which I don't think is an optimal levelling setup, but it also has Summon Holy Relic with Feeding Frenzy (available at level 31), so I guess it is kinda updated for the later parts of the levelling?

- the Act 3-10 gem section has a bunch of stuff and I can't decide if it wants me to run everything at once, just parts of it or what. It lists "Grace OR Determination for levelling", but thus far 6-link HoA reserves 85% mana, so no idea where I could possibly stick another 50% aura without getting to the cluster jewels or Circles of Nostalgia/The Coming Calamity first, and level 50+ required for both makes me wonder at what point should I get all the other gems in that section (if ever),

- levelling skill tree for Storm Brand/Holy Flame Totems ends at 32 points, focuses on Glancing Blows and defense, doesn't even get to Ancestral Bond or any significant damage boost, which coupled with the HFT 1-link in the skills section would make for an extremely slow and painful boss-killing.

Again, not saying any of this is a disaster, but it feels like the guide (at least the levelling portion, suffers from too much information/options added at different times, making it confusing overall.

Hey RXA,

thank you a lot for your very good improvements and analyse. Very, very great!

Yes, the levelling-pob is far not fine, I understand. We started it this league first time and the build overall focus more on mapping and endgame.

I still suggest Guardian and HoA is not that bad levelling. Solely with onslaught speed buff it has a lot advantages with the first ascendancy.

Of course HoA is a ranged skill and not 100% perfect singletarget and there are faster racers/ cheaper starters. But with stormbrands, phantasms and perhaps added absolution you can run and rush through the acts topspeed.

I would rank it 2. or 3. as guardian with minions. Faster and cheaper is domblow. HoP can be faster too for bosses, perhaps HoA is a bit better to level as because you are faster cleaning with the huge range of projectiles and don't need melee range like HoP.

But you need first these experiences about the mechanics of virulences and auras/ mana too. There are the three components of damage (levels, virulences, cast speed) and not only one or two like in others skills.

I will take a lot of your tipps for next leaguestart like astramentis (it was expensive the last leaguestarts, so it is not easy to get early. You can ordinary get enough dex on rare amulet, attributes-mastery and passives and ordinary rare jewels or cheap split personality with dex) and better notes about levelling skills.

It's far not optimized and not a good levelling guide. I am not nativespeaker, so there is a huge gap too in explanations.
All important tipps are listed, but not well guided. It's not a focus on a levelling guide like there are very much perfect ones in the forums.

Thank you a lot! Very great!
Last edited by Chromino on Dec 12, 2021, 11:31:38 AM
"
XalikSadja wrote:
Hi there!

Thanks Chromino for this guide and nice build! Every league I try somethning new and this time it's HoA Guardian. The guide is so big that sometimes I get confused about it (and English is not my native language, so sometimes I'm doubly confused :) )

Can you check my char and give some advice how to cheaply improve my offensive? I feel like i hit the wall with it. Feel comfortable in maps, but not enough dps for bossing (maven as example), no problem with sirius. I know I need more lvl, 2nd large offensive cluster for bigger dps, but mb i miss something importatnt in my current state?

Hi XalikSadja,

thank you to and let the spiders dance.

Yes - hehe, it's a long one.

Ordinary you need only the 5 spoilers like "choose your edition/pob", "levelling" and "gear, skills, links" and "checklist defences/ damage".

But with special stuff and gear like skin of the lords corrupted sockets, or mana and auras-details, Watcher's eye or clusters you soon need the variations as long as you are not b.i.s. geared.

So I choosed to try to explain the stuff like gear- variations or mana or not solely the tanky stuff and the full-damage-set-up too.

I myself love to dive into the special mechanics and content of poe, so I added the spoilers about variations and explanations too and probably they are needed for gearing up into top-positions or hc or leaguestart.

You are geared already very fine and great!

Your first upgrades in damage would be a cheap better amulet with +1/+2 increased HoA levels (or better instead the b.i.s. --- but expensive too --- aul's uprising to balance mana and better and be flexible on clusters, anoint and passives).

Empower also lvl 2 or 3 is much stronger then maim. Maim is fine for starting, but in your levels you need soon empower also lower level gem.

You need HoA to climb HoA lvl 28/31 for best damage.

HoA scales most with levels and virulences.
The damage with virulences is generated and scaled with stacks of pure agony on clusters, poison chance and castspeed, see section gloves in "gear, skills, links".

Defensive a keystone on body armour ghost dance for scourging or iron reflexes for sirus should be inserted and a better belt will be cheap probably (high resis, armour)

Thank you, and I wish you big arachnophilia!
Last edited by Chromino on Dec 12, 2021, 7:38:35 PM
"
qwertz wrote:
Finally managed to sort out resists and went full 75/75 block with some nice cluster jewels and a new circle.

Corrupted stampedes for a cheap way to push auras (and molten shell) even higher.

Last few chase items for me would be a 90% mana multiplier Ebers, despair on hit gloves, +1 phys arakaali and grace/determination aegis with block implicit.

Unfortunately, the league is pretty much dead and nothing on the market (and I'm also out of exalts :D).

Thanks again for the build guide. Just one big tip - sometimes less is more. There is far too much information over multiple pages. It's fine for people that have been playing for a while and take the time to read through it all, but for everyone else I assume it's quite confusing. Must be a complete pain to keep updated too. I would probably try and reduce the guide to just the essentials.

Edit:
not quite +1 phys, but a nice QOL upgrade nevertheless!

I have been trying for AGES to get a 8node cluster jewel with Riot queller AND prodigious defense. How did you get one?? Is anyone here done with the league and looking to sell? This is driving me crazy!

I just spent 2 hours trying to make one and I'm about to throw myself off a cliff
"
Kurnis wrote:

I have been trying for AGES to get a 8node cluster jewel with Riot queller AND prodigious defence. How did you get one?? Is anyone here done with the league and looking to sell? This is driving me crazy!

I just spent 2 hours trying to make one and I'm about to throw myself off a cliff

Complete pain.

I bought one with the prefixes already crafted and then harvest rerolled suffixes.

"Best" way to craft is probably alteration spam for riot queller (approx 300), (then imprint if the imprint is less expensive than 300 alterations) and aug/regal for prodigious defence (approx 50 tries on average).

Or get lucky with chaos spam (aprox 5000 on average).
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Last edited by qwertz on Dec 13, 2021, 12:51:23 AM
So, finally got the 75/75 block, Eber's Unification and iron reflex.. However I noticed that Iron reflex is reducing my EHP by a lot. Am I doing something wrong or switch back out of iron reflex?

https://pastebin.com/ErcSeS2B

Congratulations!! Very nice lvl 100 reached by RenoxDashin with many nice variations!

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/RenoxDashin/RenoxDashin?i=15&search=class%3DGuardian%26skill%3DHerald-of-Agony

280 k armour with the b.i.s. belt mageblood and iron reflexes, that is top 5.6 k es / block - almost immortal when there is blockable damage, great! 7.8 k es.

Glancing blows, a hungry loop for ball-lightnings, a lot free sockets used for enlighten and convocation.

Gravebinds-gloves for easy spider-mapping, an interesting pathing with gravepact and one pure agony less, 55 virulences, with unholy might another big boost in clearspeed too. Coralito's Signature for additiional poisonchance, the clusters are not optimized, his character himself is low too....

Congratulations also to the new top peak!
Overeager used 260k armour before, you top it in 280k beautifull armour!!

Congratulations to great 36/40 challenges!!

Congratulations, you kicked The Feared simultaneously, incredibly! They are such a team of pain! Best skills!

Last edited by Chromino on Dec 15, 2021, 11:56:33 AM
"
sidp2201 wrote:
So, finally got the 75/75 block, Eber's Unification and iron reflex.. However I noticed that Iron reflex is reducing my EHP by a lot. Am I doing something wrong or switch back out of iron reflex?

https://pastebin.com/ErcSeS2B

Hi sidp2201,

yes, the 95% possible evasion of ghostdance or other keystones raises the ehp extreme.

Iron reflexes is best for facetanking Sirus or tanking shaper slams or other physical damage dealers or facetanking in deep delve the high es/ block offers almost immortality down to lvl 500-600. Combinate it with 70% block / 75% spellblock.

In other content like in high stacked scourges the evasion with capped 75% spellblock is more tanky.

I take a look on the pob later.
*placeholder #1*
*placeholder #2*

a bit closer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info