[3.24]The Arachnophobia Allstars|100% Chaos Guardian CI|The dirty Scorpion-tail|Herald of Agony 50M

Yes, slower projectiles is very fine. For mapping/ deliriums I don't like them, your balls need a bit longer to travel and hit the mobs, but singletarget they offer more virulences stacks and substain of them than faster casting.

Greater multiple support is more quality of life- like you it is for me a lot easier too to target the bosses with gmp. But for cast speed it is easy to change and switch.

"Longer poison duration" on gloves helps also a bit for better substain of virulences singletarget, then there is faster cast speed, and added increased cast speed, on gloves possible, and also a support additional like blind support to free a watcher's eye slot or medium cluster skill. And of course also on rare gloves the corruption with curses on hit is possible. There are praeffixes on ring and on gloves free.

Hey guys - was going to start this build tonight (coming from BFBB) with about 10 ex available. At what level do you switch over to HoA? Was going to use Brands to level but wasnt sure if you guys had a better idea that would be better with the tree
"
jjmccaw wrote:
Hey guys - was going to start this build tonight (coming from BFBB) with about 10 ex available. At what level do you switch over to HoA? Was going to use Brands to level but wasnt sure if you guys had a better idea that would be better with the tree

Hey jjmccaw,

let the spiders dance and kick the shaper hard! Arachnophobia!

I am not experienced in fast levelling. Storm Brand should be very good, yes. To HoA you can switch all time, but it is slower lowlevels. Switch to CI when chaosdamage taken is getting vulnerabel.

In the section FAQ at the bottom of the build are some general tipps for levelling and minionskills etc. while levelling and there are also tipps for starting and gearing in the other spoilers of FAQ.

10 ex is more than enough for all basic gear (around 4-7 ex are needed for all gear including basic clusters etc., starting gear around 3 ex this week in league)

Some best-in-slots, but not mandatory gear, will need more ex in the endgame. Like bottled faith flask, helmet-enchant, max watcher's eye, max. clusters. They can be highpriced.
Last edited by Chromino on Feb 23, 2021, 4:00:41 PM
"
Zerber wrote:
"

"
1) f]
zip

You dont need all that because that all does not adress any weakness in the build. Their are more or less 3 things that can kill a mana guardian, super high degen, sirus meteor and super high unblockable damage like corpse exploding strongboxes. None of those extra defenses help against it.

Sirus meteor a8 takes around 15%, critting 25% of energy-shield because of fine overcapped 90% pdr and all shields. Without shields 30% energyshield. It is scratching a bit the long neck of the arachnophobiac superspideruncle. Yes, they are a fine test for tanking, the Die beams or shaper slams or minotaur are too low damage and fill up the Es with 2400 es/ block.

(Only do not stand still too long in his debuffing red beam because this reduces resistances for some seconds.)

For degen and dot there is vaal discipline, bottled faith/ sulphur flask and time of need. 2 of them can be on cooldown, but never 3. I never had problems after 3.13 time of need changes to 3 seconds and 80% cursereistance (the combos of curses or mapmods were dangerous before ritual 3.13 and needed reactions).

Hehehe, strongboxes to check are our speciality with all mapmods. They cannot kill us thanks to our double pdr against big hits and 100 % igniteresistance.

In your build your physical damage reductions with only 60000 ar or less are working safe only against medium hits or one large hit you can survive. But your gear cannot survive against a lot medium physical hits or 2x large physical damage like explosions or meteors. You have to raise your physical defence when you want to tank these damages.

So you get ripped in your Setup and in your gear, we get with 120000 ar only hit for 40 - 50% es with our overcapped pdr in double or tripple damage mapmods.
Last edited by Chromino on Feb 24, 2021, 10:56:59 AM
just to confirm we self cast Molten Shell right? are you constantly hitting that or only really before the big fights?
"
jjmccaw wrote:
just to confirm we self cast Molten Shell right? are you constantly hitting that or only really before the big fights?

Hi jjmccaw,

yes, to cast molten shell manually is most efficient for some bosses, heists, rituals, etc. . But if you prefer, you can put it also on movement-autotriggered (left mouse button) or cws-trigger or also cwdt. Manually triggered you can time it with damagepeaks, but you also have enough frostshield and vaal discipline and vaal grace.

I spam it and sometimes I time it with special bossattacks.

In the spoiler "FAQ" is a chapter of different possibilities for manually casted, triggers and keybindings.

All methods work. For different gamers different keybindings are best and different triggered skills or manually casted skills fitts best to different playstyles.

Have fun and enjoy!
Last edited by Chromino on Feb 24, 2021, 7:18:35 PM
thank you for the responses and putting together this guide! i should hit 70 tonight and get the remainder of the gear together tonight (and some meh clusters for now) but one more question.

i was able to secure a chest with the 'second best' modifier - phase acrobatics on the cheap with the right colors (only 25c!). I havent done the math but am thinking i wouldnt with the 30% spell block, i wouldnt need blue nightmare (or at least i'd be pretty close to max)? if i were to get a 'non-cluster' jewel to replace, any recommendations? guessing minion damage +fill in for whatever holes i might have on requirements/res but didnt know if you had anything specific you could recommend (outside of minion blind)
Last edited by jjmccaw on Feb 25, 2021, 12:41:51 PM
"
jjmccaw wrote:
thank you for the responses and putting together this guide! i should hit 70 tonight and get the remainder of the gear together tonight (and some meh clusters for now) but one more question.

i was able to secure a chest with the 'second best' modifier - phase acrobatics on the cheap with the right colors (only 25c!). I havent done the math but am thinking i wouldnt with the 30% spell block, i wouldnt need blue nightmare (or at least i'd be pretty close to max)? if i were to get a 'non-cluster' jewel to replace, any recommendations? guessing minion damage +fill in for whatever holes i might have on requirements/res but didnt know if you had anything specific you could recommend (outside of minion blind)

Hehehe, 25 c is a very nice snap and perfect trade, congratulations!

Your gear is getting great, not much is left missing !

Phase acrobatics and the 100% increased global defences will carry you safe to level 96, 97. Later for lvl 98-100, or t18, iron reflexes getting better than dodge and phase acrobatics.

Block and dodge are different. Dodge (and spelldodge of keynote phase acrobatics and of vaal grace and soul ripper too) prevent 100% damage and you get around 76% evasion (with blind-chance for minions/ spells etc.) without iron reflexes. This raises also much your capacities of molten shell and frost shield and reduces also taken ailments of the hits etc. . Dodge/ spell dodge is for these avoidances. You get it maxed or a bit overcapped when vaal grace or Soul ripper and witheringstep are not on cooldown. But its fine to be not depending on the cooldowns and use them all.
But your pdr, armour and most important substain with es/ block decreases lower compared to ironreflexes. With iron reflexes you still are able to have 50% evasion of blinded debuffed enemies when you blind them with your spiders on belt jewel or with other possibilities on gear, skills, watcher's eye or clusters and the dodge of vaal grace, soul ripper flask and withering step.

The jewel blue nightmare is for maxing spellblock in combinations with keynote glancing blows in the tree. It raises your substain very much, you block more often 2400 es /block, you get much more instant healed in combats. So it is one of the most important jewels for our build.

As long you don't have the blue nightmare, fit in a "Rumi's Concoction" flask for more block, spellblock and armour and put the missing antibleeding suffix on another flask like sulphur or quicksilver flasks.

This is ideal setup for high tiered mapping. When you have a free jewel, stats like minion chance to blind, corrupted blood cannot be inflicted on you, energyshield and mana are best (and of course missing elementalresistances, missing attributes or a bit 2% spellblock procc when you get it not on cluster. Miniondamage on jewels don't scale much and is best scaleable with pure agony on clusters and with curses)

:-)

Thank you too, for me the input, questions and optimizing the build is great fun too.

(Just ask... we have the answers ... perhaps, hehehe )

:-)
Last edited by Chromino on Feb 25, 2021, 3:52:30 PM
Duh, you are right, block and evade are different. not sure what i was thinking! thank you for the reply
sorry one more q now that i'm looking at rings a bit more. I noticed in the ailment section you referenced ignite being a problem but you effectively take it to 0 via annointed flesh + panethons. Suppose we get vulnerability curse in our unset ring, i see there is an available implicit on 'circle of nostaliga' for 'cannot be ignited'. i have the implicit available and can take yugul instead for freeze help?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info