Echoes of the Atlas Week One Report

Great expansion/league, loving it. But this:

"In 3.13.0 we improved how texture streaming works."

Yikes. It is not good. I have a higher end PC and holy smokes is the texture loading way worse along with significant FPS drops that I never got in previous leagues. I'll submit bug reports with my specs but, yikes.
**~~~ The Winds of Shit ~~~**
No word about the constant loss of tribute after the second or third ritual.
This bug let me heavily think about quitting the league and just play standard. Cuz why bother with a league content that is in large parts not working for me?
"
ohmp89 wrote:
Ps4 launch at 9am PST or 12pm PST? Please say 9

They said noon... :(
"
Bearpauw wrote:

Yikes. It is not good. I have a higher end PC and holy smokes is the texture loading way worse along with significant FPS drops that I never got in previous leagues. I'll submit bug reports with my specs but, yikes.

agree 100% with this post stop doing experimental coding in poe it just doesnt work.

make the game lighter and thats it, your engine doesnt cut it anymore.
"
Sammael wrote:
"
Bearpauw wrote:

agree 100% with this post stop doing experimental coding in poe it just doesnt work.

make the game lighter and thats it, your engine doesnt cut it anymore.

PLUS. The atractive of the game has never come from the graphics, lets be real here, but from the mechanics, the difficulty, the endgame content and his replayability. There is just no reason to improve (and broke) the engine when you are already making a PoE 2.
Ritual is great, good job on intuitiveness, variety, fun, risk/reward, crazy moment potential. Love it!

Echos / maven is ok, the smallness of the arena x the clusterfuck potential of layered boss attacks feels a little limiting on build choice. I don’t know why you did the envoy and her separate, I think it would have been more fun if she just talked to us directly.

Harvest and heist both needed a little more work. Harvest is really disruptive to map flow now that it isn’t the focus of the league. Also just feels a little clunky, why are there choices in the garden? I’d be happy with way less crafts but infinite horticulture capacity.

Heist... I dunno. Maybe you could simplify it down, ditch harbor completely, just meet the portal girl in maps randomly for random contracts? As is I guess some people will get into it each league as an alternate activity? Feels like keeping it is sunk cost thinking. I’m sure it was expensive to make but is it really a gameplay experience you want to preserve?
When I kill a man he stays dead.
still crashing to desktop with no error...a lot

I have lost dozens of map unlocking opportunities to crashing upon entering the portals. I still cant kill Shakari and have had a 2x2 brick of a bottled storm in my inventory for five days.

Releases have steadily gotten more and more buggy for years now. I just want to play the game.
I get abused by GGG staff every time I post because I started the Fix Your Game meme. Pathetic and unprofessional.
I can not understand how 3.13 can have so many bugs and technical issues, disregarding database issue due to player count, after extra month that should have been dedicated to testing and fixing as many bugs as possible.

This report reads like PR bullshit from a corporation that tries to save face. 3.13 is worst launch experience for me in good 4 or 5 leagues. I have disconnected or crashed more on two days during post-launch weekend than in previous two years. "Improved" texture streaming is complete shit--my game is on SSD for year now and it feels like the game moved on its own to my back up HDD. There is absolutely massive memory leak because after few game crashes and playing for few hours the game starts massively slowing down to a point where i have to restart computer to get normal FPS. I can go on and on and on with many more issues but what is the point.

I like Ritual idea even if its execution is severely lacking. I will keep my money and wait for a week to see if GGG rolls out some patches that fix the issue. Guess I wont be buying new MTX this league...
Still getting random crashes: not enough memory. Any fixes?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info