[3.15] TORNADO SHOT/BARRAGE DEADEYE CHEAP LEAGUE STARTER

"
I`ve always played bow characters, and when i first saw tornado shot back in 3.2, i immediatly felt in love with it!!
It has been an hard time after the multiple nerf that it suffered, and had to change to something more meta, like an ice-shot. But then i saw this buff, that almost increased it`s damage by 10% more and so I decided to try and make my own version of it!!

CHANGELOG
Spoiler

UPDATE 04/20/2021:
I have made some changes to the expensive part of the build, also choosing to go with the raider, thanks to the higher movement speed and defensive layers that it provides. I still think the deadeye is the best overall damage and is up to you to choose wich one you like the most.

UPDATE 04/19/2021:
I`m working on updating the build, in 3.14 there hasn`t been any buff/nerf to the build!

UPDATE 01/19/2021:
I`ve updated the POB changing mainly the skills setup and adding a new more
expensive versione of it. Other than that i also tried the new
wind ward ascendancy, removing the mirage one; it gives us a lot of
survivability at the cost of damage. I advise to try it only on the expensive
version of the build because we will have already enough damage, but may work
also on the cheaper one. Also change the mirage archer support with a faster
attacks on the barrage if you intend to use the wind ward ascendancy

Another major change is that we can use the same loadout with an ice shot,
giving us a bit more damage than the tornado shot, and since ice shot already
converts 60% of phys into cold damage we are free to change the gloves to
whatever we like.

VIDEOS
if u want to follow the build progression from today(04/20) i`m going to start level and
gear the Character for the ultimatum league!
I stream on twitch, come and follow me there:
https://www.twitch.tv/rattosecsy

I will also upload a video version of the build on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB0Xag4iLvlw5qZE-s3C6FQ

PROS AND CONS
Spoiler

+ very cheap(less than 1ex is enough)
+ great clear speed
+ fast
+ you will not feel alone (thx to mirage archers)
+ very good life leech

- no reflect maps
- can`t do no leech maps
- squishy
- you will need to get used to dodge most of the stuff

PATH OF BUILDING
I`m using the POB community fork
LINK: https://pastebin.com/1QFDCq1u cheap version
LINK: https://pastebin.com/zSkKChm6expensive version

MECHANICS
Spoiler

-For bossing we use the new mirage archer ascendancy on a barrage gem setup, i tried it and boosts our damage by a lot. If we want to be a lot more tanky we can use the wind ward ascendency, losing damage but boosting our effective life pool by a lot!

-Since we are using point black and chin sol we need to stay close to bosses in order to deal serious damage. This can be a risk so you`ll need some practice to evade most of the lethal attacks.

-we are running a phys to cold conversion build, with some cold gains, so the more cold gains we can get the best the build gets!!

-we are running vaal pact so we will have no life regen, so we need to be always in fight, also the ryslatha minor pantheon can be useful if we are running labyrinths.

BANDITS
Spoiler

kill them all, the 2 passives skills points are just too good

PANTHOEN
Spoiler

MAJOR: Lunaris, since we are an evasion/dodge build the buffs that it grants are
the best we can obtain
MINOR: Ryslsatha for the life flask regen, we are using vaal pact and having the
life flask always up will save our ass a lot

ASCENDANCY
Spoiler

Ricochet ->EndlessMunitions ->GatheringWinds ->OccupyingForce/WindWard

GEAR
Spoiler

The gear shown is only for the cheaper version of the build, go in the POB to see the expenmsive one.

BOW:
We`ll use the chin sol, since it cost almost nothing and works well with point blank.

QUIVER:
Asphyxia's wrath is very cheap, and the gain of cold damage is just too good

GLOVES:
the Hrimsorrow are needed in order to convert our physica damage in cold damage

HELMET:
Starkonja's is the way to go, cheap and gives a lot of good stats

BODY ARMOUR:
either a tabula rasa or a 6link will be good, if you can go for the 6link.

For boots, rings, amulet and belt try to get some decent rares with :
life- resistances- cold damage- increased elemental damage.
(on boots try to get at least 30% movement speed)

FLASKS:
A life flask with instant recovery and immunity to bleed

A quicksilver flask with immunity to freeze and increased effect

a diamond flask with immunity to curses

a taste of hate

a atziri's promise

GEMS
Spoiler

TORNADO SHOT

Tornado shot-Added Cold Damage- Hypothermia - chain support-
Inspiration support-Elemental damage with attacks

BARRAGE

Barrage-Added Cold Damage- Hypothermia -Mirage archer/Faster Attacks-
Inspiration support-Elemental damage with attacks

AURA

Hatred-Herald of ice-Precision-
Enlighten

DEBUFF/MOVEMENT

Wave of convinction-sniper's mark-dash -second wind support

ANOINTMENT
Spoiler
Freedom of movement is cheap and give us the possibility to gain phasing

LEVELLING

Big shoutout to my friend Teoma145 for helping me making this build(ti si vuole bene man<3)

Last edited by RattoSexy on Aug 24, 2021, 6:01:41 PM
Last bumped on May 23, 2021, 5:41:22 AM
I can't wait to see you in action with barrage and the 3 mirage archers. I've seen it with toxic rain but not with barrage. I'm really curious to see how it goes.
I fell in love with Tornado Shot as well, and at this moment I'm using Toxic Rain as an exchange. I totally miss using this skill. You see, I really miss Neversink's Tornado Shot build with Herald of Ash and Ice, etc.
I can notice your build seems promising and have potential to be as good as Neversink's outdated build, specially because of the Mirage Archers (another skill I fell in love with). If you need some help, you can count on me!
Thank you for sharing with us!
Last edited by Vensatra on Jan 18, 2021, 1:50:46 PM
"
I fell in love with Tornado Shot as well, and at this moment I'm using Toxic Rain as an exchange. I totally miss using this skill. You see, I really miss Neversink's Tornado Shot build with Herald of Ash and Ice, etc.
I can notice your build seems promising and have potential to be as good as Neversink's outdated build, specially because of the Mirage Archers (another skill I fell in love with). If you need some help, you can count on me!
Thank you for sharing with us!

Right now i`m making a new version, a bit more powerful that will cost more. For now an option is to swap the tornado with ice shot in order to have more damage, than when i will have enough currency i will re-swap to the tornado. Also i made some changes on the passive tree, i`ll upload the new POB version in the near future!!
Ty for your support!
"
GLADIATORGR wrote:
I can't wait to see you in action with barrage and the 3 mirage archers. I've seen it with toxic rain but not with barrage. I'm really curious to see how it goes.

Ty for your support and i`ll work hard on it!!
Will you stream again? in order to view your progress ?
"
GLADIATORGR wrote:
Will you stream again? in order to view your progress ?

yes i`ll surely do, maybe today around 5pm CET or tomorrow
Last edited by RattoSexy on Jan 19, 2021, 5:53:52 PM
May I know what version of PoB are you using? The pastebin link isnt working for me.
"
OhMyNathaniel wrote:
May I know what version of PoB are you using? The pastebin link isnt working for me.

Oh yes sorry, i forgot to mention that i`m using the POB community fork.
Not sure what happened here... Nice build so far only question is, where is the expensive gear and build for this?

Also,

I see you have 2 6 Link items and 2 4 Link items, wouldnt we need another 4Link to complete this? im confused.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info