Stress-Free PoE! SLOW-MO GUNSLINGER (AW): No Required Items|1-Button Play|SSF League Start-End|3.13

"
flipside wrote:
Spoiler
Thanks for this awesome build. been having great fun with it.
I was looking for a build that was more relaxing to play and "One button to rule them all" sounds just good to me. well, tecnicaly 2 buttons. i need my teleport skill:D

I have been trying some cluster jewels and damage is getting realy nice now. i was using a cluster jewel to get more life but just hit lvl 91 and swapped them out for more damage. i felt my Animate Weapons was a bit squishy, but now that i have gotten quality on my gems and they are getting high level again they don't die and i seems tankier as well. had to sacrifice some life nodes to get there, but feels worth it.

I have also been thinking about getting the The Stampede Boots for a 2nd annoint.
any idea what would be the best node to get for life/defence for that?

The cluster jewels im using:

A LORD OF THE RINGS REFERENCE! YA flipside!

You rock :). Thanks for your kind words! I'm glad you're enjoying the build and that it suits your style!

Nice work with your clusters! They're so fun to dabble with. In terms of anointments, you have tons of options, all up to you though. You've gone a little off of the guide (which is obviously 100% ok) so your strengths and weaknesses are going to be different than mine. It also depends on how like you to spend your gold oils...I can't even find them let alone spend them ;). Curse Efficiency, life...though I normally don't give out anointment suggestions is my guides, with this guide there are two that are always too tempting to leave be: Hex Master and Serpentine Spellslinger.

Nice job on your build!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
RATONBOX wrote:
Spoiler
"
flipside wrote:

The cluster jewels im using:

Do those feasting fiends stack if you have both unlocked in their jewels?
Great question RATONBOX!

In this case, yes, the Feasting Fiends does stack.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
TommyLee68 wrote:
Spoiler
Hi there!

Once again I'm looking for a cool build to play and once again it's Wrecker of Days that provides it.

I don't know why, but I always seem to come back to your builds.

This one seems very creative and easy to play. So I'll have to give it a go.

Sincerely, thanks a lot for the hard work you do for the community and keep up the good work!!!
Haha! Hey TommyLee68!

Nice to see you :). I think you're coming back for my rugged good looks. That's gotta be it.

Thanks for your kind words. I'm excited to hear what you think of it. I played with it for about 45m yesterday to see what it was like in some loaded up triple-digit T16s dominated by Sirus and I LOVED it.

Thanks again for your kind words. I really appreciate your encouragement.

Annnnnd

"
kendo3 wrote:
Spoiler
just had an interesting Abyss jewel drop and wanted to confirm it would work the way I think it should.

minions have 5% chance to taunt on hit with attacks

thinking that could be fun to have 13 animated weapons with 5% chance to taunt with all the hits they would have.
Hey kendo3!

Ya! That's a nice node here. You'd always have a minion taunting. Good find.

Annnnnd

"
Bv9000 wrote:
Spoiler
Have an idea I'd like to get some feedback on. It centers around reducing one of the layers of automation (Desecrate/Spirit Offering/Purifying Flame hooked into CWDT) in exchange for a bit more manual control but also possibly some flexibility.

Specifically, I'm thinking about getting rid of the CWDT, Purifying Flames and Desecrate in exchange for Summon Holy Relic and two support gems linked to it.

Think about it for a second, one of the problems this build seems to have is surviving both for you and the Animate Weapons. Holy Relic summons a minion (so it is impacted by the mods we'll probably have on our gear for AW) that performs an AOE attack on each of our attacks which with two support gems will give us some extra damage, but more importantly it releases an AOE life regen that is useful to us, but also has a greater effect on our minions.

Combine this with Geofri's Legacy which lets us summon two Holy Relics, and we have some really nice AOE support. Put Blind Support on it to drop enemy damage even further, maybe some chaos damage or elemental proliferation, whatever.

We'd lose Desecrate but really, when do we run into problems with finding corpses? Purifying Flame is in here purely to drop Consecrated Ground, but the AOE for it is tiny and usually standing still equals death. We'd need to manually cast Spirit Offering, but honestly I think we could have it up much more by doing it manually instead of relying on the CWDT anyway. Sure, it's no longer a one button build but two buttons isn't much worse, especially in exchange for two extra AOE minions that will deal 30% of their phys AOE damage as bonus chaos damage when buffed with spirit offering and give us and our minions life regen.
Hey Bv9000!

The idea itself makes sense as long as you're willing to press all those buttons and never be without the mechanics that you're hoping to add. There won't be any survivability for the Summon Holy Relic so you'll need to watch out for it. Holy Relic does suit the build well though.

Desecrate is vital, unfortunately. None of the Elder Guardians have mobs, 3 out of 4 Shaper Guardians don't have mobs, 3 out of 4 Conquerors don't have mobs, Sirus doesn't have a mob...and who knows how mobs work in Maven Challenges. So you'll need to get your corpses from somewhere.

In terms of survivability though, if you don't mind, I'd like to make a suggestion. Obviously, levelling is tricky and you only have available to you what the game gives you. So take the following with a grain of salt until you get drops that cater to you. A lot of your items are unique items and they don't have life mods on them. So of your gear does have good life rolls, but they aren't enough to make up for the amount of your gear that don't have any life on them. Also, not being capped in your elemental resists will really hurt survivability as well.

Though a Tabula is awesome for damage, I think with your current setup, you'd be mapping more efficiently with a 4 or 5 link for AW and higher life and capped resists. I know you didn't ask for advice, but you're kept mentioning survivability as an issue so I thought I'd take a look.

Annnnnd

Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Jan 27, 2021, 1:51:03 PM
"
"
Bv9000 wrote:
Spoiler
Have an idea I'd like to get some feedback on. It centers around reducing one of the layers of automation (Desecrate/Spirit Offering/Purifying Flame hooked into CWDT) in exchange for a bit more manual control but also possibly some flexibility.

Specifically, I'm thinking about getting rid of the CWDT, Purifying Flames and Desecrate in exchange for Summon Holy Relic and two support gems linked to it.

Think about it for a second, one of the problems this build seems to have is surviving both for you and the Animate Weapons. Holy Relic summons a minion (so it is impacted by the mods we'll probably have on our gear for AW) that performs an AOE attack on each of our attacks which with two support gems will give us some extra damage, but more importantly it releases an AOE life regen that is useful to us, but also has a greater effect on our minions.

Combine this with Geofri's Legacy which lets us summon two Holy Relics, and we have some really nice AOE support. Put Blind Support on it to drop enemy damage even further, maybe some chaos damage or elemental proliferation, whatever.

We'd lose Desecrate but really, when do we run into problems with finding corpses? Purifying Flame is in here purely to drop Consecrated Ground, but the AOE for it is tiny and usually standing still equals death. We'd need to manually cast Spirit Offering, but honestly I think we could have it up much more by doing it manually instead of relying on the CWDT anyway. Sure, it's no longer a one button build but two buttons isn't much worse, especially in exchange for two extra AOE minions that will deal 30% of their phys AOE damage as bonus chaos damage when buffed with spirit offering and give us and our minions life regen.
Hey Bv9000!

The idea itself makes sense as long as you're willing to press all those buttons and never be without the mechanics that you're hoping to add. There won't be any survivability for the Summon Holy Relic so you'll need to watch out for it. Holy Relic does suit the build well though.

Desecrate is vital, unfortunately. None of the Elder Guardians have mobs, 3 out of 4 Shaper Guardians don't have mobs, 3 out of 4 Conquerors don't have mobs, Sirus doesn't have a mob...and who knows how mobs work in Maven Challenges. So you'll need to get your corpses from somewhere.

In terms of survivability though, if you don't mind, I'd like to make a suggestion. Obviously, levelling is tricky and you only have available to you what the game gives you. So take the following with a grain of salt until you get drops that cater to you. A lot of your items are unique items and they don't have life mods on them. So of your gear does have good life rolls, but they aren't enough to make up for the amount of your gear that don't have any life on them. Also, not being capped in your elemental resists will really hurt survivability as well.

Though a Tabula is awesome for damage, I think with your current setup, you'd be mapping more efficiently with a 4 or 5 link for AW and higher life and capped resists. I know you didn't ask for advice, but you're kept mentioning survivability as an issue so I thought I'd take a look.

I was referring to survivability via POB and experimenting on it with different setups of gear and such at much higher endgame levels, not with my current character. I am not having any trouble leveling.

The survivability problem is tied to the animate weapons, specifically if they go down or drop in number significantly we don't have enough life or regen to mitigate the incoming damage. In some of your gameplay videos this can be seen, once the AW aren't around in large numbers to distract you would take pretty massive damage spikes. I was just wondering is 300 life per second for all minions+further damage reductions via blind support wouldn't be worth it.
Just wanted to pop in and say thanks again Wrecker! Having fun with some RL friends in the Ritual league. I have to say I prefer bladefall and I agree summoning them in new maps is sort of a lame duck but I enjoy the build and have gotten used to it.

I will say man oh man it's so much better when you get the first ascendancy! When those bodies start popping and exploding all over the screen.

Just got the second ascendancy and am rocking all three curses and that is a big QoL as well. My spell slinger is almostttttt 17 so I can't use culling strike on bladefall yet...

I am a slow leveler with RL stuff but it is a nice change from my usual zombie build and am really enjoying the build now that it is rollin!

Anyways welcome any feed back and thanks again for the guide!
So I've been looking to see where I can improve gems in order to make it stronger.
Awakened minion damage, awakened added chaos damage are the 2 obvious ones (also really expensive): 80c and 10c.
Added the Awakened blasphemy support since it was cheap and it solved some of my mana problems with temporal chains (still have about 70 mana with it enabled, so the steelskin doesn't always proc).

now looking at Awakened hextouch support. If I put this you get an extra curse at level 5. Does this mean I can get rid of Whispers of Doom pasive (you can apply an extra curse) and put that point towards something else?

Sorry for all the questions, but this is my second POE char ever (first one was in lat league and I only got to lvl 50).
Now i'm at 78 and going strong.
"
Bv9000 wrote:
Spoiler
I was referring to survivability via POB and experimenting on it with different setups of gear and such at much higher endgame levels, not with my current character. I am not having any trouble leveling.

The survivability problem is tied to the animate weapons, specifically if they go down or drop in number significantly we don't have enough life or regen to mitigate the incoming damage. In some of your gameplay videos this can be seen, once the AW aren't around in large numbers to distract you would take pretty massive damage spikes. I was just wondering is 300 life per second for all minions+further damage reductions via blind support wouldn't be worth it.
Oh, I see Bv9000!

Keep in mind that the 3.12 videos are going to be different than the 3.13 ones. The survivability in-game is quite different than on paper. I just played this build last night in some difficult content and the build was great. I was in a couple of circumstances that you mention where my minions weren't capped at 14. In each circumstance, the build was fine as it doesn't take long to get your minions back up and running; the defence of the build worked well to keep me safe in the meantime. The video should be loaded within the hour if you're curious. The 3.13 changes make a big difference to the build for sure. (I don't find life regen to be an issue because this build focuses on other defensive aspects for survivability. The life regen is just bonus.)

Hopefully the newest video posted helps answer some questions for you. Remember, because of our Kinetic Blast setup, we're constantly casting it for defensive purposes, so we'll always be refreshing our AW.

Annnnnd

"
TheGangsta wrote:
Spoiler
Just wanted to pop in and say thanks again Wrecker! Having fun with some RL friends in the Ritual league. I have to say I prefer bladefall and I agree summoning them in new maps is sort of a lame duck but I enjoy the build and have gotten used to it.

I will say man oh man it's so much better when you get the first ascendancy! When those bodies start popping and exploding all over the screen.

Just got the second ascendancy and am rocking all three curses and that is a big QoL as well. My spell slinger is almostttttt 17 so I can't use culling strike on bladefall yet...

I am a slow leveler with RL stuff but it is a nice change from my usual zombie build and am really enjoying the build now that it is rollin!

Anyways welcome any feed back and thanks again for the guide!
Hey TheGangsta!

I'm glad you're having a good time. AW does take a bit of getting used to but it's pretty sweet once you see it working. It's crazy how different the build is with each ascendancy node, hey?

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you're having a great time.

Annnnnd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info