Stress-Free PoE! SLOW-MO GUNSLINGER (AW): No Required Items|1-Button Play|SSF League Start-End|3.13

"
RATONBOX wrote:
Spoiler
So I've been looking to see where I can improve gems in order to make it stronger.
Awakened minion damage, awakened added chaos damage are the 2 obvious ones (also really expensive): 80c and 10c.
Added the Awakened blasphemy support since it was cheap and it solved some of my mana problems with temporal chains (still have about 70 mana with it enabled, so the steelskin doesn't always proc).

now looking at Awakened hextouch support. If I put this you get an extra curse at level 5. Does this mean I can get rid of Whispers of Doom pasive (you can apply an extra curse) and put that point towards something else?

Sorry for all the questions, but this is my second POE char ever (first one was in lat league and I only got to lvl 50).
Now i'm at 78 and going strong.
Hey RATONBOX!

Ya, the Awakened Gems are great improvements for sure. Any increases to our curse limit stack with other increases to curse limit. So if you weren't going to run a 4th curse, you can remove one of the redundant curse limit "increasers" to invest in something else for sure.

Dabbling with Awakening gems in your second playthrough is pretty good ;). Good for you!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Hi Wrecker_of_Days!
thanks for the build. I really appreciate Your guide. My condition is being old :) -not THAT old, mind you, but 40+, so my reflexes are not what they used to be 20 years ago :D. Also, having two children I do not have much free time, so my very limited playtime needs to be efficient. So thanks again, I believe this build will suit me fine!
I am a total noob, and I have 2 questions:
1. You chose the Unwavering stance. Based on this I assume being unable to be stunned is worth the tradeoff for being unable to evade. However Your character has a couple of evasion armour pieces equipped (shield, body armour and gloves). Do You wear these for the other affixes only?
2. You did not go for the 3 minion +8% damage nodes SE of Retribution. Are not there 3 nodes worth sacrificing for these 3?

Thanks again!
"
huoc wrote:
Spoiler
Hi Wrecker_of_Days!
thanks for the build. I really appreciate Your guide. My condition is being old :) -not THAT old, mind you, but 40+, so my reflexes are not what they used to be 20 years ago :D. Also, having two children I do not have much free time, so my very limited playtime needs to be efficient. So thanks again, I believe this build will suit me fine!
I am a total noob, and I have 2 questions:
1. You chose the Unwavering stance. Based on this I assume being unable to be stunned is worth the tradeoff for being unable to evade. However Your character has a couple of evasion armour pieces equipped (shield, body armour and gloves). Do You wear these for the other affixes only?
2. You did not go for the 3 minion +8% damage nodes SE of Retribution. Are not there 3 nodes worth sacrificing for these 3?

Thanks again!
Hey huoc!

I feel your "condition" ;). Ya, it's nice to be efficient with the time you have so hopefully this works out for you the way you wish. Thanks for your kind words :).

Unwavering Stance is massive for survivability later in the game...ESPECIALLY for one node. Evasion ONLY evades Attacks, not spells. And for it to have value, it requires a big investment...which is normally done incidentally anyway. Being Stun immune is so strong that it's only available a few remote ways in the game. So the gear that I'm wearing that is evasion based is simply chance. I'm only wearing them because it's easy to socket the gem colours on those bases and for the mods that rolled on them. (Armour gear is more likely to roll red sockets, Evasion gear is more likely to roll green sockets, etc.)

The 24% minion damage that you speak of is really good. But I had to pick and choose. There were only so many nodes to go around, and those were some that got the cut.

Does that help? Ask whatever you like anytime.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Hey Wrecker, thanks for the awesome guide and inspiration!

I'm not one to be actually good at min/maxing in this game but the based of this build was great and I had a lot of fun putting my own spin on it.

I definitely made some adjustments that took it away from the stress-free play, but not by much. The only extra button is for Convocation, which massively helps keep the clear speed up. Otherwise, I have a wand with "Trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill" so that Desecrate and Spirit Offering are automated. Steelskin is also used in the LMB so it's up as much as possible.

I also tried to build in some more defensive layers. I decided that I would rather be harder to kill than have a third curse so went for Glancing Blows with Aegis Aurora for some ES gained on block. Instead of Chaos Golem I did Raise Spectre with Jinxed Juju so the Spectres take 10% of damage. Finally, I used Elegant Hubris Timeless Jewel for Supreme Decadence keystone that allows Instant life flasks to apply to energy shield.

Otherwise just tried to get a few extra levels into Animate weapon with +1 to all minion skill gems on wand, and +1 to all gems with Skin of the Lords. Triad Grip gloves with 2 white sockets to change 50% phys to chaos is all I could afford to help with a bit more damage too. Eventually I will try to get a 4W Triad Grip.

Survivability has been going fairly good so far and I just dinged 90 tonight!

My PoB - https://pastebin.com/qJ85vVdC
up to lvl 83 and running lower level maps. all was going really well until I ran Baran's map with all his lightning throwing minions. especially in the rituals, where there is little room to run, the animated weapons and golem got shredded, couldn't replace them fast enough and ended up being just me against them and that didn't end well :)

any suggestions, other than skipping rituals in areas like that? does it help to find things to boost minion life and resists? haven't worried much about doing that as generally, I am replacing AW so quickly they are always at 14

appreciate any suggestions
"
"
Rick_ASAnchez wrote:
Spoiler
Thanks for answer.

As far as damage goes . we have 126(Deafening Essence of Fear) vs level 26 ( since both our gems are physical we can put two cold iron point and take the gems to level 26), i dont know which is better.

The build is pretty nice and i will keep improving it .
Cool Rick_ASAnchez!

I assume raising the gem level by 6 would be stronger. Nothing like a good Essence of Fear though :). I'm glad you're having a good time.

was looking into this idea as I had a cold iron point show up in rituals but not seeing how you would trigger spell slinger with them equipped as that requires you to use a wand projectile attack as a trigger. can't even use a dagger and a wand to get at least a +3 buff.

sure I must be overlooking something obvious
sorry for asking so many questions but not sure how some of these attributes work for minions. which wand would be better

have been using moonsorrow for the blind chance as the additional chance to explode mobs on obliteration looks to be tied to me killing them and figure most of the kills will be made by my minions and wouldn't add to the chance they have to explode things
Checking in! Went shopping with about 30 chaos to improve my gear. Started mapping, having fun. Anyone wanna take a look and see where I should focus best improvements?
"
kendo3 wrote:
sorry for asking so many questions but not sure how some of these attributes work for minions. which wand would be better

have been using moonsorrow for the blind chance as the additional chance to explode mobs on obliteration looks to be tied to me killing them and figure most of the kills will be made by my minions and wouldn't add to the chance they have to explode things

Sorry, Obliteration won't work, as you point out.

I'm using Moonsorrow, the blind makes a good added defensive layer.
I am using Holy Relic as well and the added minion regen with consistent attacks helps with keeping the AWs alive (I am also running Carrion Golem).
I actually linked the FF support to the Relic rather than the Golem. I haven't had any issues so far with Relic survivability as yet. As another poster here's done, I've removed the CWDT from Steelskin and replaced it with Increased Duration support (also bound it to LMB so it's still a bit automated).
I am having a lot of fun with Victario's Charity. Probably not as consistent as Spectre charge monkeys but with multiple attacks from KB generates enough frenzy charges
Hi, playing your build rn, been wondering, can you use decay and void manipulation support instead of poison? When I put those in PoB it shows me better damage numbers, but maybe I'm missing something?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info