Firestorm vs Fireball Ignite

Yeah firestorm just doesn't have damage compared to other options and can't even be stacked up like pre-rework so it's essentially not worth trying to use unless they like double or triple the base damage the skill has or revert the 3 cap thing.
Last edited by IonDrako on Jan 14, 2021, 4:05:28 PM
Have you guys looked at the change they made to it. It looks pretty strong I mean not be too mysterious I was thinking you could go elementalist right. Then you could throw a bear trap followed by a firestorm trap. Bear trap with high lightning damage and then the firestorm trap with high fire damage
Last edited by BearCares on Jan 14, 2021, 4:15:39 PM
"
BearCares wrote:
Have you guys looked at the change they made to it. It looks pretty strong

Doesn't matter. It will not outclass Fireball for Ignite (Fireball has about a 2.5x stronger base Ignite) and there's so many better skills for hit damage.

The one unique thing about the skill (stacking storms and scaling damage with duration, somewhat) was removed in 3.12 and the skill will probably stay shit until the limit is removed.
What does "First Impact" mean? I have always assumed it meant the first time a mob gets hit, so it can only get first impact once. But I realized it might mean first impact per volley or use of the skill.
"
harddaysnight wrote:
What does "First Impact" mean? I have always assumed it meant the first time a mob gets hit, so it can only get first impact once. But I realized it might mean first impact per volley or use of the skill.

first impact is just that, the very first firestorm to hit.

if you havent watched a vid or seen it, the 'new' firestorm drops a GIGANTIC fireball for the first hit, and then does a bunch of little fire damage things over the duration. the 'big one' is the first impact.

https://youtu.be/tMfj7cpSl4I

this is the preview for Stygian Firestorm. it shows the first impact pretty well.

it also shows why the skill is so bad :P. theres a 'calldown' delay on the first impact, so hitting anything is not easy. and the aoe doesnt clear packs like other skills. if they want to make this a boss kill skill, it would work. but it needs a TON more damage in that case.
Last edited by Thror2k5 on Jan 14, 2021, 6:28:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info