[3.14] Dejuvenate's Flameslinger Elementalist. Best League starter and unethical clear speed

"
remvladislav wrote:
The build works quite nicely gor me. However, I constantly run out of mana. How do you manage to sustain mana regen, even though I don't see anything on it in passives or items?

I decided I want to play with RF. Thus, ES is useless for RF builds.

As a result, I removed the 4 nodes for Sovereignty and took instead Eldritch Battery (requires 4 passives, the 4 I took from Sovereignty). Now I can reserve 100% and my ES is enough to spam spells without ever worrying about mana.

"
Aradebil wrote:
What to do with porcupines? Pyre is just not working with this build at all. Grab an Inpulsa?

Since I need the regen golem to sustain RF, I just switched to Inpulsa. Deals with the porcupines, but also provides some nice extra explosions
Last edited by Cry0nicS on Jan 25, 2021, 8:25:41 PM
"
Ichigo2122 wrote:
"
noknok0427 wrote:
"
Ichigo2122 wrote:
Has anyone been able to do the Maven fights and or Uber Atziri, elder shaper, ect on this build. Not sure I want to continue to invest if it cant boss well with this league.

killed all without main issue.
use power siphon for bossing

How did you link power siphon? Did you just swap the kinetic or have a entire different setup? Also no issues with tankyness?

just swap, you can use additional accuracy if needed
cannot tank die beam, need to dodge
Last edited by noknok0427 on Jan 25, 2021, 8:30:21 PM
Hey will you post a link to your gear? Thanks I love the build so far
Gloves are done! Well, the hard part is, just have to get the life on there. they took me from 4.8mil dps to 5.4mil by themselves!

I am a newbie, this is my first character. I have 2 problems:
- Constantly out of mana
- some bosses 1-shot me

Here is my build: https://pastebin.com/X0trAVVW

What am I missing? Would appreciate any suggestions
"
dejuvenate wrote:
"
SASpoonMan wrote:

I don't agree. Eventho math is correct, it works only in the situation if you run through the map and collect every hit in the face. However, we do not. We are attacking from offscreen range and trying to avoid being hit. However, sometimes it happens.
And in case of rare hits, reliable damage mitigation is a winner.
Let's say we fight Minotaur in a small area. His Slam hit does ~7k phys dmg depending on mods. Lets assume we were hit.
In case we only rely on block, it is ~62% chance (in the best possible scenario, usually it is ~70%) we are one-shotted.
In case we have GB, it is only 25% chance we are one-shotted and 75% chance to survive and quickly heal-up with our crazy regen and health pot, flame dash out and keep attacking.
The same works in all the bossfights where we can be potentially one-shotted.

I agree with Judikator here. Taking Glancing Blow smooths out the gameplay. The math here is an oversimplification. Even if there is no logb, life regen still play a role when you can block more often. It also helps against one-shot and multiple hits at the same time. Blocking more consistently means more chance to react.

I think you only not take Glancing Blows if your EHP is massive. Even in that case I would still take Glancing Blows because consistency during mapping is just better.

yep, that's what my thoughts were, the calculation is right in WoW where damage isnt instagibbing you, where you have instant heals all the time sure you can look at the avg dmg. Here and especially in HC its important to max block to avoid the risky one-shots
Last edited by tiasim on Jan 26, 2021, 2:17:36 AM
"
Inseinity wrote:
Gloves are done! Well, the hard part is, just have to get the life on there. they took me from 4.8mil dps to 5.4mil by themselves!

Hey, that's awesome gloves.. kinda BiS for the build.
Could you please share the crafting process?
PoE nowadays looks more and more like a fork server with tons of custom weird experimental stuff rather than original game with carefully thought out balance brough live to players.
Should i go for normal rare chest piece with Life and res or some unique?
"
Mocarzi2 wrote:
Should i go for normal rare chest piece with Life and res or some unique?

If you just start, get a Tabula. Maybe get a corrupted one with a nice implicit.

If you are already mapping a bit, take a 6L (like 20c base) and throw the 120+ life essence on it until you get something you like.

If you have some currency and hate porcupines, invest in an Inpulsa (5-6 ex)

If you are rich, go for Crusader 6L with explode (cheaper to craft than to buy)

If you know what you are doing, go double influence chest with stuff like
* explode
* +1 to Level of Socketed (Support OR Active) Skill Gems & +(5–10)% to Quality of Socketed Active Skill Gems
* alternative: double curse
E.g.

Pick your poison. Welcome to the rabbit hole :)
Last edited by Cry0nicS on Jan 26, 2021, 5:52:25 AM
Hey, simple question. Why people are not using Primordial Eminence, but other primordial jewels? Isnt eminence for since it gives better golem effetcs?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info